Page 110 of 297 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2962
    Except that, like me, I came back in November and had to wait 7 months to get him.

Now granted, I like grouping, it wasn't really detrimental to anything I was doing. I also tend to play group-friendly jobs. Just an example.
    (1)

I've said before that exp-campaign should be on full-time (and thus not a campaign at all).

I'd be all about trusts being available full time, an SR campaign being always on.

The only things that work as campaigns, imo, is things like gobbiedial/abj campaign because there are ways to get abjurations outside of the campaign. I'm even okay with HTBF campaign for Beitetsu etc.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I want the void watch campaign to be on full time. I hate void watch.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I do too. Same with the Atma campaign. I'd love to see Abyssea changed now so that Red!! was auto-proc'd. Carrying around old weapons sucks, finding people to team up with for procs sucks.

Not yellow or blue, I'd be happy with just red.

(I've had all atma, that I know of, for years)
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I actually don't mind red procs. I actually farmed all my twashtar items recently and it wasn't that bad. Thf/war I'm missing 4 out of 13 total so my odds were pretty high anyway, and even if you don't proc red the ki still has an okay chance of dropping. What was the real time sink though was the re spawn time of the timed spawn nms.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Don't do it then?
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The campaigns definitely do punish you for not participating or missing out. If you miss the Incursion campaign, you'll be lucky to see anyone doing it otherwise (why would I want NQ coffers at all when I can spam the campaign for HQ ones?). Voidwatch? Walk of Echoes? Forget it. Wildskeeper Reive campaigns have effectively killed the market on HPBs (on my server). After the Rainbow campaign, people we practically /tossing them because they took up all their inventory (all the Idris/Epeolatry seekers got their weapons and peaced out). The most recent WKR event was a ghost town.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Don't do it then?
    When the campaign isn't on I don't. Sometimes not even when the campaign is on... Still want those HMP though.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eradius View Post
    SR is and event designed to be taken by a party of 6 players, which means it needs to have a way to draw lots of people.
    Nah, Done it with 3 before. It's not majorly hard content, and as many have mentioned before, there is much more reward and reasons to go than just August.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I do too. Same with the Atma campaign. I'd love to see Abyssea changed now so that Red!! was auto-proc'd. Carrying around old weapons sucks, finding people to team up with for procs sucks.

Not yellow or blue, I'd be happy with just red.

(I've had all atma, that I know of, for years)

Yeah, except that FFXI was always a game that emphasised the importance of levelling multiple jobs, multiple weapons, multiple skills.

It is not hard to switch to WAR/thf or MNK/thf for Abyssea farming. Its not really hard to have about eight level 1~30 proc weapons in your moghouse, that you can use for farming Red staggers.

I solo'd a bunch of Aby-stage Empys on WAR/thf, without trusts, it is super easy really. Sub /thf helps with farming the Sub-Boss pop items, as does Atma of Dread.

I think it would be a sad day if the game became just "I want to play my main job all the time, and use my main weapon all the time." The Abyssea treasure system requires procs, that is the game system, and you can easily beat this game system by switching to WAR or MNK, and bringing some level 1~30 weapons.

They already made Aby easy because ilvl makes you invincible, they added trusts too, and the random chance of a "free" stagger without procs has increased greatly since the early days.

I think it would be a shame if all the unusual challenges are removed from FFXI, and a person can farm any content on their favourite job / favourite weapon, just bulldozing through content. I like Aby procs because it is a finessed system, you need to focus and play the game, not simply Hulk Smash everything.
    (0)

Page 110 of 297 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast