Page 98 of 297 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    As for the weakness, i would love to see the HP malus to be removed.
    As you can be raised..., as you revive, you are getting killed instantly.

Also, with the trust, the attack speed, and stuff, you get locked in animation, unable to move, to do anything, but i don't know how feasable it is to change that so you're not locked anymore.
    Removing JA/spell lock would probably not be the biggest QoL improvement at this point, but it would certainly be up there.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinnrb View Post
    Merge all servers to one server.
    -Even if theres 50k active people which I doubt it wouldnt be a problem.
    This.

No.. Just... No... 50K people in the same 3 areas? Remember this is a one level game now and people arent spread all over the various zones.
    (1)

Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    machini please dont say my ideas are bad. I'm responding to a thread to express what I feel are good QoL changes.

But now I feel as if I need to defend myself...

As for the BLU spells they need to be 100% rate of learning. Your response was not true. Other mages can buy their spells via a vendor or the auction house with the option of going out to farm them. Blue Mages have a very very very VERY small chance to learn blue magic from a monster and that is even if the monster uses the spell to begin with. Which isnt always the case.

The whole penalty of failure defense is valid but there are multiple penalties such as losing exp and weakness. Weakness just hinders the players TIME and is annoying. Hense this is a QoL change

Telling me I have no understanding of addon api makes you seem foolish. Big MMO's such as WoW for example has addon support with a great security. This game already has an addon API so its obviously doable. All I'm asking is to make it official for the game so players dont have to be afraid to talk about it in game anymore.

As for the TP idea I think your wrong thinking its a bad idea. Your defense was that the game changed to make attacking much much faster then intended which is a very true statement. But games evolve and change. Something needs to be done so that melee can play this game as well.

@Alhanelem

I was just BSing about the server population thing. I dont know how much each of their server can handle and I dont know how many players they even have. But yes they should merge them down to just a few servers.

They shouldn't have to rewrite the whole chat system. They could which is probably a good idea because coding from so long ago probably needs an update anyways.

--------------------------

Anyways sorry about this post. I wasn't planning on replying to this thread again but because people are being negative instead of just supporting each other I felt I needed to defend myself. Please I suggest you dont respond to this or take any offense to anything I have said. I just want to make this game better by thinking outside the box for the devs.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Blue Mages have a very very very VERY small chance to learn blue magic from a monster and that is even if the monster uses the spell to begin with. Which isnt always the case.
    I've recently came back to the game, a month ago with a new char and with blu as first Lv.99, and i've learn all the spells that i need (i still need to learn another half, but just to get them all, they are not mandatory), it took me some times yes, but the learning rate isn't as bad as you may say, and the first thing i've did, was making my AF hands into an AFv1 reforged +1, to get an enhance +12 learning blue magic.

There could be some trouble obtaining Unbridled Learning spells, because of low population rate on your server (fors the Wildkeepers reives for exemple), or some others things, but for normal spells, the learning rate is correct in most of the cases (sometime, it can take a while, but it's pretty rare).

as i was proposing earlier, having a blue mage trust, that use spells that we can learn from, could be a good idea to help on thoses spells, or just some random interesting spells (haste/refresh/etc...).
    (1)

Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    I've recently came back to the game, a month ago with a new char and with blu as first Lv.99, and i've learn all the spells that i need (i still need to learn another half, but just to get them all, they are not mandatory), it took me some times yes, but the learning rate isn't as bad as you may say, and the first thing i've did, was making my AF hands into an AFv1 reforged +1, to get an enhance +12 learning blue magic.

There could be some trouble obtaining Unbridled Learning spells, because of low population rate on your server (fors the Wildkeepers reives for exemple), or some others things, but for normal spells, the learning rate is correct in most of the cases (sometime, it can take a while, but it's pretty rare).

as i was proposing earlier, having a blue mage trust, that use spells that we can learn from, could be a good idea to help on thoses spells, or just some random interesting spells (haste/refresh/etc...).
    I leveled my BLU on a new character with 3 other people and some people learned spells on the first try other it took 3 trys for me it took 87 trys... its just bad RNG that needs to get fixed lol
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    On regular mobs, blue magic learning is fine. But yeah, UL spells were a huge pain.
    (1)

I don't have my BLU AF hands (I am so bad at directions I get frustrated trying to find the warp points for the sword quest... yes you can laugh at me... it is pathetic) and learning blue magic can be a bit of a pain at times but.... really it's not too bad overall. Only UL spells have been truly annoying for me to learn. I think that blue magic as-is is fine. Yes, it takes time, but, so what? You get super cool spells and a super powerful job out of it.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

8. 04-01-2016 08:11 AM
    Reason
    double post

9. 04-01-2016 10:33 AM

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinnrb View Post
    machini please dont say my ideas are bad. I'm responding to a thread to express what I feel are good QoL changes.

But now I feel as if I need to defend myself...

As for the BLU spells they need to be 100% rate of learning. Your response was not true. Other mages can buy their spells via a vendor or the auction house with the option of going out to farm them. Blue Mages have a very very very VERY small chance to learn blue magic from a monster and that is even if the monster uses the spell to begin with. Which isnt always the case.

The whole penalty of failure defense is valid but there are multiple penalties such as losing exp and weakness. Weakness just hinders the players TIME and is annoying. Hense this is a QoL change

Telling me I have no understanding of addon api makes you seem foolish. Big MMO's such as WoW for example has addon support with a great security. This game already has an addon API so its obviously doable. All I'm asking is to make it official for the game so players dont have to be afraid to talk about it in game anymore.

As for the TP idea I think your wrong thinking its a bad idea. Your defense was that the game changed to make attacking much much faster then intended which is a very true statement. But games evolve and change. Something needs to be done so that melee can play this game as well.

@Alhanelem

I was just BSing about the server population thing. I dont know how much each of their server can handle and I dont know how many players they even have. But yes they should merge them down to just a few servers.

They shouldn't have to rewrite the whole chat system. They could which is probably a good idea because coding from so long ago probably needs an update anyways.

--------------------------

Anyways sorry about this post. I wasn't planning on replying to this thread again but because people are being negative instead of just supporting each other I felt I needed to defend myself. Please I suggest you dont respond to this or take any offense to anything I have said. I just want to make this game better by thinking outside the box for the devs.
    Making BLU magic learn rate 100% is effectively making loot rates on spells that can only be learned from mob drops 100%. It's a bad idea. Why don't we just make all drop rates 100%?

Removing weakness is not a QoL change. It would drastically alter the way the game is played, and make zerging the crap out of everything have absolutely no penalty, as well as remove all penalty for complete and total retardation on the part of players.

As to the addon api: You do have no understanding. The fact that you compare "big MMOs" like WoW to XI, in terms of clients, shows that you lack that understanding.
    (1)

More storage anyone?

While the Mog Wardrobe 2 will be making its appearance in the April version update (next week!), there is another plan in place to lighten up your inventory a tad—if crystals are weighing you down.

The team is currently working on a crystal storage system that will allow you to store up to 5000 crystals of each element with NPCs that will be placed in each of the guilds. They’d like to make it possible to expand this via Mog Garden shining stars key items, and additionally, when retrieving 12 stacks, they would like to make it possible to retrieve them as a cluster. They'll also be looking into whether they can add more NPC locations as well.

It might be a bit before the system is complete, but stay tuned for more details!
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    More storage anyone?

While the Mog Wardrobe 2 will be making its appearance in the April version update (next week!), there is another plan in place to lighten up your inventory a tad—if crystals are weighing you down.

The team is currently working on a crystal storage system that will allow you to store up to 5000 crystals of each element with NPCs that will be placed in each of the guilds. They’d like to make it possible to expand this via Mog Garden shining stars key items, and additionally, when retrieving 12 stacks, they would like to make it possible to retrieve them as a cluster. They'll also be looking into whether they can add more NPC locations as well.

It might be a bit before the system is complete, but stay tuned for more details!
    Hope they think up a way to make it up easier to use any of these crystal's anywhere your crafting in a quicker method too under the synthesis tab even "Calmate." Also, Hopefully they eventually allow us to break clusters under the synthesis Tab like the crystal's showing up under there. Hey, it would be cool if could use the clusters to do our crafting too like the crystal's themselves and who knows maybe the crystal clusters for crafting could actually hold more slots than the crystal's themselves.

Well, another idea is instead of breaking down the cluster under the crystal synthesis tab it could actually count down how many crystal's remain left to be used out of used crystal's inside the cluster and some how count down remaining crystal clusters in the stack of clusters at the same time. This would probably to much for the current game creaters, game's mechanic's, game coding to work, harder for a smaller crew to work on maybe but Hey, I'm just shooting this idea or rather grand gesture of idea's out there for taking 'em back to be finding out if it can be done. I'm basically putting it out their Calmate to give some us knowledgeable feed back if it might be a future possibility to come to fruition. ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 04-02-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 98 of 297 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast