Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Feedback related to Vana'Bout

Greeting adventurers,

We'd like to hear about your experiences with Vana'Bout! We’ll be sharing this information with the Development team for their consideration.
    1. What do you like or dislike about the latest Vana'Bout event?
    2. How do you feel about the objectives and their difficulty?
    3. What changes, if any, would you like for future iterations of Vana'Bout?

* Please follow all forum guidelines and only post feedback related to Vana'Bout in this thread.
    * Before posting your feedback, please read through the recent replies and “Like!” any posts that you agree with, rather than create a new post with the same opinion. This helps us get a better view of how many people agree with a certain opinion.
    (5)
    Danielle "Okieeomi" Grafft - Community Team

Character
    Arcmarc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The idea is cool, using RoE for points. But Ambuscade everyday....no thanks!
    (10)

Character
    Armoredwolf
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Players who can clear very difficult ambuscade will exhaust all relevant rewards from ambuscade itself long before reaching the plaudit goals. This means that those players are expected to do ambuscade solely for the minimal plaudit reward or the sense of satisfaction in helping attain the cooperative goal. Because each reward in ambuscade is limited, and players will cap on the better rewards first, there is a natural taper so the pace at which plaudits are accrued is likely to slow throughout the challenge period.

This is poor design, players are not likely to be incentivized by that. It would have been better to use an event where rewards are not front-loaded, and remain constant. Or, spread the objectives across a variety of different events so that players can continue to contribute while doing events that provide rewards.
    (16)

Character
    Emmaleeann
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

ROE issues

I think the concept of this event is fantastic. I think each months vana'bout should have different content for the ROEs. The biggest issue is the daily ROE. I think the content should be Weekly ROE and just make the ROE worth more event points per ROE.

Overall I love the idea of a community event but it just needs fixes.
    (7)

Character
    Maletaru
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Scheduling it during the holiday time, while festive, was a mistake. People will be travelling during this time or spending time with family and will have less time to do the event.

Setting the Gold tier reward so close to maximizing the goals every day is challenging, especially considering the above.

The individual rewards are not very special, and the reward tiers are also strange. The Gold tier rewards are the weakest in my opinion, and none of them are very exceptional.

Making the objectives require certain jobs (healer, magical damage, doing WS) could be annoying for players who only play certain jobs.

The original goal of plaudits for the community was much too high.

It is difficult to be excited for extended campaign durations when we don't know which campaigns will be taking place next month.

Those problems aside, I think it's a great idea to have cross-server rewards and something to work on as a community. I like the idea of the extended campaigns and the Ambuscade reward is very potent.
    (12)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The structure was too rigid. Do all of these things, every single day, or else you won't get the points you need. Some repeatable goals and a an overall limit on plaudits earned per day or week would have felt a lot better than ten objectives for 100 plaudits, take it or leave it.

Tying the entire event to one kind of content wasn't a great choice; if it's content players are willing to do, it leads to congestion, and if it's content that players don't want to do, it sours the event. Maybe consider spreading objectives out across a few different aspects of the game? Ambuscade, Sortie, and Campaign would make one repeatable instanced option, one daily instanced option, and one non-instance option, to spread the load out a little and give players just a bit of variety. Crafting or gathering would be interesting options too if they weren't the entire focus.

A little more insight into what the prizes are actually good for would be nice too. I was pretty excited about that Kupon I-Aby, until I learned how many items it actually provides on use.
    (7)

Character
    Ragnarzero
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    like or dislike: From everyone I have talked with the idea is awesome and fun, the execution/choice of event is not. Having to do 12 days of ambuscade (even doing V2 on normal) it will take you about 3 runs day at about 10mins per run to get your dailies done. No one wants to spend that much time grinding an event for very little ambuscade points or plauds. That is 6hrs of work, for what a lock style of a weapon we already have, but now in new color? Not really worth doing it. Plus the other rewards are not great, a Beitetsu Box, i can spend 5-6hrs to get one, or i could do one Oddesy Run, and make close to a million gil and buy two stacks of 99 in 30 mins. I think this boils down to the fact were not all 20 something year old's with unlimited time on our hands were grown adults with jobs and families and kids who loves playing this game. I am not asking for free loot or anything like that, just make the rewards more, rewarding. Make them worth the time/effort, Even the Extended campaigns, while good, a lot of them people don't need any more, so if new ones like Sortie or Odyssey were added it might draw more people into to doing them. Something like Odyssey you get 1 free mooglephone per day (so you can go farm 2x) or Sorite gives you 2x points for your first run per week or something like that.

objectives/difficulty: They don't seem to hard, but putting them into something like Ambuscade where there is wait times, only leads to congestion. Plus the fact that objectives are personal meaning if I go in with a group of friends, only 1 person get it, so a healer won't get "Execute a skillchain" unless they go back in again after changing jobs.

The future iterations of Vana'Bout: Consider new ROEs for things that people do or need help with, Odyssey, or Sortie, Things like extra points for those if we beat the vanabout, people would flock to those things. Or even new rewards, i realize that the team is small and just doing minor things, but add in more cosmetics that are new. If you added in Iconic Final Fantasy weapon skins people would do these events in droves in hopes of getting a Gunblade, or Buster Sword etc.

TLDR: The idea is great and sounds amazing, the rewards for time spent is lackluster.
    (6)

Character
    Gimsy
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As a returning player, my playtime is limited so when I login I have to decide if i want to do sortie, segment farm, omen, xp, or actually play the game. I was going to pass on Vanabout to utilize the time I have per night, but the 100 deeds is a huge time saver since I have another four months to get Monbro.

Sometimes I feel like the developers lost sight of that message that I have to click on every time advising me to care for the time I invest my friends and family and to not lose sight of that. All these "dailies" seem against that message and the vanabout event on top of that is making playing a chore instead of feeling fun. The event should have been a month and not two weeks with holidays and the current campaign bonuses going on.

Also increase the amount of RoEs we are allowed to have active. Vanabout is taking about 15 slots.

It would be great if you could bring Vanabout to other older less utilized areas like Legion, etc. My friends enjoyed that content.

Again I am just sharing my perspective as a returning player who started over earlier this year.
    (10)
    Last edited by gims; 12-16-2023 at 08:48 AM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Other events! Oh gosh how about HNM killing blows, just to capture that 2005 competitive camping feel! Also a great opportunity to get people co-ordinated to play Ballista, Monstrosity or er Pankration?

The low-tier reward of an Ethereal Weapon once a month is fine. The other personal rewards seem ok. The overall rewards seem a bit lame - extending the thing we're doing? How about unlocking Cornelia or Matsui-P Trusts for a month? Unlocking an old item on next month's login points? Unlocking an old seasonal mini-game and associated rewards for a month?
    (4)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If you want people to do daily events that add on to all the other daily events we already have to do, the rewards must benefit.

I suggest that if you meet the vanabout goal, for the next month there is a 2x Gallimaufry bonus added until the next update. Sortie is one of the main events going on in game. Vanabout should focus on the events that players are acutally working towards. Yes some do ambuscade but since there is a reward cap on items, the hallmarks/gallantry are quickly reached by those that can do VD.
    (4)

11. 12-16-2023 10:37 AM

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast