Page 106 of 297 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    I wouldn't mind having August for collection. Though my favorite paladin will always be Wolfgang... shame he wasn't added.
    I'd like to see a PLD with Ochain (still a good blocker on most things trusts would be tanking).

Amchuchu has magic covered, an ochain would be nice.

Since neither has any innate damage reduction, still inferior to a real tank.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I'd like to see a PLD with Ochain (still a good blocker on most things trusts would be tanking).

Amchuchu has magic covered, an ochain would be nice.

Since neither has any innate damage reduction, still inferior to a real tank.
    You misspelled priwen.

Joking of course because a trust wouldn't have the fast cast to keep reprisal up all the time.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    You misspelled priwen.

Joking of course because a trust wouldn't have the fast cast to keep reprisal up all the time.
    Lol yeah. That's why I didn't mention Priwen.

Ochain, mp recovery and all.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well back on the subject of Trusts, want to know what I'd like? I would love to see Qultada recognize Kupofried's EXP/CP+ buff and roll Corsair's Roll appropriately. There's no reason you're using both of them together unless you're quite obviously trying to build EXP or CP, and it really starts to become annoying when my second roll is Evoker's Roll on DRG/SAM and my Trusts are at fairly high MP.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    They already make him available from the Mogbonanza rank 4 Ochre Mog Pell, which isn't a high rank. Altana Almighty, does no one want to do actual content anymore? SR is fun and it's not difficult to get a party for.
    Advocating for obtaining anything higher than 10 bonanza balls and 9 regained inventory slots from MB is ludicrous. I play every time I'm active and have won two rank 4s.

Otherwise, yeah, do the content!
    (0)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    Are you sure it's not just a case of your server being dead? I mean, as far I know some SR gears still pretty good.
    Maybe? I'm actually on Shiva but every time we shout we'll shout for upwards of 2 hours and can't hit 6 people. Even when we breakdown the shout and accept jobs outside the "mold" people want, like offering to bring more sch's or even a melee dps etc we can't manage to hit 6.

Everyone wants to go strictly with PLD BLM BLM GEO SCH WHM or some other combination near that, but actually attaining that combo has been impossible for us every one of the several times I've shouted now. You start trying to fill the missing slot with something else and people throw a tantrum and want to go. Despite being only 6 man, its proved one of the most vexing experiences to recruit for in my entire 14 year FFXI career. Thats why I'd love to see an alternative, even if it was difficult. I'd easily rather pay 30,000 hallmarks in fact, than have to keep trying to force SR to happen.

The game is going to be how its going to be though, and I'll just have to keep trying until things get better or I get lucky I suppose.

They already make him available from the Mogbonanza rank 4 Ochre Mog Pell, which isn't a high rank. Altana Almighty, does no one want to do actual content anymore? SR is fun and it's not difficult to get a party for. There are other trusts that work fine or better in a lot of situations. Why not ask for something that promotes actual gameplay and incentives to do content for stuff you want rather than ask for the reward? Sinister Reign Campaign maybe? You get a random item dropped from one of the three bosses in addtion to the reward you get to pick, half price bayld entry and there are higher quality drops (better augments, more likely to drop trusts, double bayld reward).
    I guess nobody does want to do fun content anymore on Shiva? Man I dunno, we're at 1000 online during this campaign and usually 600+ without it. I'd take an SR campaign if it got people actually showing up, yes. I find SR pretty fun but it feels to me that everyone else must be extremely "burned out" on it, because they seem to want nothing from it and don't want to show up. Entire LS seem to go silent when the phrase comes up and blms go swap their jobs, its sort of comical in a way.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eradius; 05-20-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A few suggestions I could make are:

-Have a periodical SR campaign (like all other endgame content has)
    -Revamp SR to have difficulty changes (maybe just 3: Easy, Normal, Intense) so that any level of player can participate. Newer players or soloists can do Easy but worse augments, Normal would be what it is now, and Intense would be harder and provide better augmentations. Admittedly, I think that SR is fine as it is but people have issues finding parties or winning or whatever.
    -Unrelated directly to SR but just make more trusts of near or equal power so people don't have to be limited to or feel limited to one or two good trusts. This goes for Shantotto II and the support trusts.

Honestly, I'm not an elitist or "that" player or anything but if you can't do the content to receive the reward, you don't deserve to have it. It's one thing to win something from a random treasure campaign; that's luck. What's the point in making him a SR reward if anyone can get him doing a quest or something? Most people probably wouldn't even bother doing SR anymore because his trust is one of the biggest draws given the equipment augments are random and unreliable and the other two trusts suck.
    (1)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Most people probably wouldn't even bother doing SR anymore because his trust is one of the biggest draws given the equipment augments are random and unreliable and the other two trusts suck.
    To me this feels like it must be whats already the issue. Experienced players have obtained August and simply do not wish to go back, even with the augmented equipment available. I would say out of people I find who actually do want to do SR, 4/5 of them are looking for August, and are fairly fresh players. Despite being fresh, some of them will really want to be carried and have high demands, like the strict setups I mentioned. Blm's who cant MB Death will show up and demand you find a Sch who can both heal so you can just have 1 non death blm then "please recruit 2 death blm ok?" Etc etc

To a lot of returner/new players I've seen at my "tier", August feels like a necessity for them to continue. (Not that he is). In my case, I solo content very often, so I feel I have to continue the trudge until I grab him. So in my case, SR becomes a pain because of the rest of the entire circus it creates.

Now as I stated, August seems to be the draw, so I wonder how an SR campaign would actually draw people into going back for it- otherwise its worthless. Lets break down what it could and could not provide to attract.

Perhaps one of the following?:
    +Near max augments on items
    +Let you select more than one
    +Make 1 item from all 9 pools available regardless of who appears
    +Drop a chest into inventory that provides an item/items

What wont draw people to it from what I see:
    -Reducing the cost (its puny already)
    -Reward trusts more often (veterans have their august)
    -Lower the difficulty (Nice for new people, wont draw in anyone who has their item to redo, so may not "increase" activity as much as anticipated)

I'll finish by saying I certainly don't think August should be "handed over". Thats why I'm willing to agree on the ideas of Campaigns as Rydal intelligently put it, or the possibility of August coming from more active content. As previously mentioned, while Ambuscade is fairly easy, its at least active, a high cost August could be a good incentive there. Maybe there could be High Notorious Mission battlefields for Adoulin and August trust could also come form there (good luck on anything less than D right?)

The fact the devs are planning a Vagary campaign for returning/new player woes gives me hope for content like this, even if I soon finish it myself.
    (1)
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well Vagary campaigns have been done before. We had it coming soon anyway. I think it was just a coincidence that it was discussed in the forum.

I don't recall SR having it's own campaign. I'm actually surprised it hasn't considering it gives really good armor (some of it is still the best in slot or close to) and pretty much all other Seekers of Adoulin content has a campaign related to it (Skirmish, Vagary, WKR, Incursion). Weird. Hopefully someone reads this and makes a SR campaign and hopefully that breaths some life back into SR for people and allows them to get their gear and trusts.

Also, people are less inclined to do it because of the random nature of it. I've done tons of SR runs and never once got a Vampirism drop. At this point, I don't need it anymore because Escha and Reisenjima gear is better and/or much more reliable to not only obtain, but get good augments on. SoA content like SR and Skirmish will see less action because of this reason I think. That and the new SU gear and Ambuscade gear gets rid of the Skirmish hurdle people have to take to 119.
    (0)

Now that consoles are gone could we get a small UI update so holding Shift would allow us to transfer stacks with a single Enter? Instead of having to specify the number of items every single time.
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 106 of 297 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 ... LastLast