Page 191 of 297 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2962
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Please fix the camera when exiting in Upper Jeuno, Lower Jeuno, and Port Jeuno. I hate it being random if I walk forward I end up walking straight back into the mog house.
    It's not random, it's based on the direction the camera was facing as you exited.
    (0)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not random, it's based on the direction the camera was facing as you exited.
    As in the random direction the camera was facing?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    As in the random direction the camera was facing?
    Idk, my camera doesn't randomly spin around while I'm using the door.

I'm not saying ive never had the camera facing the wrong way, because I have. But it's generally because of walking back towards the camera to cross the zone i just left.
    (0)

Player
    A feature that FFXI would really get a big boost from going forward and that would unlock a lot of the limitations would be mipmaps stored in the dat files instead of being made on the fly as is currently the case.

Mipmaps are smaller versions of each texture that are used as you move away from things. Square decided to not do what most games do and store these smaller versions of the textures in the game files due to ps2 hard drive limits, so instead they are made on the fly as you move around and this limits the size of textures they can currently use as well as many other things because they get hitching as your computer tries to make smaller versions of everything and store it in memory.

This would increase install size by 25% (if they added mipmaps to all old textures, and not much if they just used it with new textures) or so but it would allow developers to start using higher res textures.

Example of what mipmaps are: As you move away from the object the game loads the smaller images.

(0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 10-01-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    A feature that FFXI would really get a big boost from going forward and that would unlock a lot of the limitations would be mipmaps stored in the dat files instead of being made on the fly as is currently the case.

Mipmaps are smaller versions of each texture that are used as you move away from things. Square decided to not do what most games do and store these smaller versions of the textures in the game files due to ps2 hard drive limits, so instead they are made on the fly as you move around and this limits the size of textures they can currently use as well as many other things because they get hitching as your computer tries to make smaller versions of everything and store it in memory.

This would increase install size by 25% (if they added mipmaps to all old textures, and not much if they just used it with new textures) or so but it would allow developers to start using higher res textures.

Example of what mipmaps are: As you move away from the object the game loads the smaller images.

The texture size "limit" comes from limits on how much memory they allow the game to use. There are higher res textures in the game but they're only used for certain things. Nameplates, icons, fonts, and the title screen stuff. Of course this stuff is all displayed at a fixed size/distance so mipmaps arent needed.

They could also just disable mipmaps entirely if they updated the graphics pipeline, there is no PC today that would have a problem drawing all the textures at full resoltuion regardless of distance, because of th e comparatively low detail of the game compared to modern games today.
    (0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Please allow us to have more than 2 linkshells active.
    Please add 2 more macro set.
    Please allow merit point uses outside Mog House

Dunno if this is a bug or not : Stylelock or lockstyle.
    I can only cancel it with the text comand. Using in game menu does not work for me.
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You can directly toggle lockstyle from a saved equipset. They likely will not add to the macro palette, you can utilize the commands {/macro book#} {/macro set#} to quickly flip through them. I do this on BLM with 10 books completely filled within one set. I completely agree about the need for communications upgrades + upgraded interface for /seacom etc to accommodate improved alternatives to /yell for p.u.g. creation.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    Please allow us to have more than 2 linkshells active.
    Yes, please! I was going to say the same thing. I hope it would be possible.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    you guys are spoiled from FFXIV XD We only had one for the longest time, and supposedly they had to jump through a lot of hoops to make a second one work.

(But yes please)
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Please adjust and allow Omen Scales Kei/Kyou/Gin/Fu/Kin to be deliverable to same-account characters since they are upgrade materials just like Omen Job Paragon cards. Initially Dynamis Divergence Shards/Voids were undeliverable but were soon changed to do that. Please consider for these items too. There is no current method in storing Omen Scales
    (2)

Page 191 of 297 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast