Page 126 of 297 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2962
    Character
    Novasilex
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Are there any plans to increase the number of Macro Gear Sets? Although it initially sounds like a lot, 100 sets isn't enough for preparing multiple endgame jobs. (especially if you want to use Job Ability sets, for multiple jobs)
    (0)

Why does the dream world feel more real?

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I suggested something similar a few times in recent years. The core battle music is of course awesome, but we also have to remember that we've been listening to it for over a decade. If we kill a lot of mobs, we've heard non-stop Battle Music for many years!

A few years ago, I suggested a Key Item, iMog Player, a magical Walkman-type device that plays any music in the game continuously on a loop, regardless of circumstance, battle or area. So if you really love Sarutabaruta music as much as I do (and that is a LOT of love) you could choose to have this music playing instead of battle music. Or the Oldton Movalpolos super seventies disco music, or any other game music.

Or simply having a disable/enable toggle on battle music, so you can listen to the native ambient music of the area you're XPing in.

I would prefer the iMog Player, so I can listen to Sarutabaruta and Oldton music regardless of where I am. But a battle music on/off toggle would also be good enough.

I don't think there was a reply to my previous suggestions, or maybe a no current plans reply. It didn't really get much traction, lol.

EDIT ;

One of the Lore ideas I was toying with, was that you could select a soundtrack on your Orchestrion while you are in your Moghouse, and there would be a toggle option "play this music on your iMog remote player?"

If you select "yes" then the music will continue to play after leaving your Moghouse, and will not stop playing until you go back to the Moghouse and change it, or use the CONFIG "disable iMog player" option.

The Lore is that you already have an Orchestrion machine in your Moghouse which plays music, which you can select at will. And your Moogle can use a magical device to remotely transmit this Moghouse music to you via Moogle Power, so that you can enjoy the current Moghouse music even when you are away from the Moghouse, and even during battles.
    It's already pretty easy to achieve that just by swapping DAT files around. The data files containing the music are pretty well documented now. There are even tools for swapping the DATs you want.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    It's already pretty easy to achieve that just by swapping DAT files around. The data files containing the music are pretty well documented now. There are even tools for swapping the DATs you want.
    In general, I don't think we discuss modifying the game in such ways on Square Enix's OF.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    One of the suggestions I've seen that I've really liked is that mastering a job allows you to fully merit everything for the job.
    While this is an interesting idea, the entire concept of merit points is very different from job points, especially in the sense that they can be earned on any job you wish. Balance adjustments have been made based on the caps for each job’s merit point categories, so making it possible to max out each one would result in the necessity for re-balancing. Due to these reasons we do not have any plans at the moment to make it possible to max out all merit point categories.
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While this is an interesting idea, the entire concept of merit points is very different from job points, especially in the sense that they can be earned on any job you wish. Balance adjustments have been made based on the caps for each job’s merit point categories, so making it possible to max out each one would result in the necessity for re-balancing. Due to these reasons we do not have any plans at the moment to make it possible to max out all merit point categories.
    So not only are you not a master, there really would be little balancing needed, NONE of the merit point buffs are anything to shout home about.
    (2)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    So not only are you not a master, there really would be little balancing needed, NONE of the merit point buffs are anything to shout home about.
    So if Merits are so useless there's no point SE doing anything then, is there?

And let's face it, capping JPs seems to be simply running round the end-game zone in a party AoEing everything in sight for hours on end, hardly difficult merely a horrendous time-sink which I guess some people equate to 'difficult' and thus worthy of some sort of reward.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 08-18-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Could we get a buff/status icon that displays the amount of time we have left for our current chain timer? That would be amazing.
    (1)

Player
    Merit "balance" was kinda throw out of the window when every piece of equipment started to give you a bazillion of + in each stat.
    (2)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    So if Merits are so useless there's no point SE doing anything then, is there?
    I suppose you simply chose to not read what I wrote if that's what you got from it.
    (0)

Eh, considering you can regain merits to re-spec with such ease nowadays the limit is mostly an inconvenience rather than a balance issue.

And while I personally don't care about maxing merits I think saying that maxing categories would require rebalancing in post ilvl XI is just plain silly.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 126 of 297 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast