Page 26 of 297 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
    Ah I guess a good q.o.l. would be to finally let us get signet from the field manuals and ground tomes. At the very least ground tomes, huffing all the way back and losing prowess to boot is bad.
    (3)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    This never really was a PvP game, it was just something they added that people got bored with fairly quickly.
    It doesn't have to be a "PVP game" for the PvP to be an enjoyable addition that is well implemented. They simply dropped the ball on it.

There's a difference between being a "PvP game" (read: all about PvP) and a game that "has PvP" (read: a fun and enjoyable PvP activity contained within it). I'm tired of people reacting to any discussion of PvP with "it's not a PvP game."

You should have seen how many people were involved in ballista when it first came out. Balance / technical things is a pretty small part of why it died off. The real reason, as with virtually all content in this game, is lack of incentive or reward for participating. They tried adding some rewards with belligerency (which, if you're really dedicated, you can farm up without ever PvPing) but they are pretty terrible, which is sad considering how hard it can be to beat monipulators. So with no incentive to participate, unsuprisingly nobody's doing it. It's not because it's not fun, its becasue all MMOs are driven by promise of reward and these events simply didn't deliver. Ballista didn't even offer any COSMETIC rewards unless you count the prizes from the ballista royale (which I'm pretty certain all or nearly all of the items ever given out for that have been lost to the sands of time / players that quit)

At least FFXIV's PvP is decently rewarding. It's not a main focus by any means, but it isn't throwaway content that is made and then forgotten by the devs.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-18-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It doesn't have to be a "PVP game" for the PvP to be an enjoyable addition that is well implemented. They simply dropped the ball on it.

There's a difference between being a "PvP game" (read: all about PvP) and a game that "has PvP" (read: a fun and enjoyable PvP activity contained within it). I'm tired of people reacting to any discussion of PvP with "it's not a PvP game."

You should have seen how many people were involved in ballista when it first came out. Balance / technical things is a pretty small part of why it died off. The real reason, as with virtually all content in this game, is lack of incentive or reward for participating. They tried adding some rewards with belligerency (which, if you're really dedicated, you can farm up without ever PvPing) but they are pretty terrible, which is sad considering how hard it can be to beat monipulators. So with no incentive to participate, unsuprisingly nobody's doing it. It's not because it's not fun, its becasue all MMOs are driven by promise of reward and these events simply didn't deliver. Ballista didn't even offer any COSMETIC rewards unless you count the prizes from the ballista royale (which I'm pretty certain all or nearly all of the items ever given out for that have been lost to the sands of time / players that quit)

At least FFXIV's PvP is decently rewarding. It's not a main focus by any means, but it isn't throwaway content that is made and then forgotten by the devs.
    actually from what i saw, pvp died because everyone got into endgame, wether it was hnm camping, sky, sea, dynamis, assault, whatever, amd kist dodmt have time for it anymoe, and yes they didnt add incentives to do it. It was basically filler content that people were doing until they could start doing the content they really wanted to do. So wether you want to hear about this not being a pvp game or not, that is basically the fact.

If pvp were so important to players in the game then they would be doing it regardless of incentives. I was looking at the graphs from their survey the other day, and most of us havent done monstrosity even though that is geared toward pvp these days, its really not one of those types of games.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Aww and here I thought swooping was bad.

A lot of people hasn't done monstrosity because the current PvP sucks and they want to do it in a party. For most of the forgotten small just for S&G events the reason why they died is not because everyone needed a filler til they were doing end game events but because the rewards were crap or there was none. Only thing worth while from anything was the mannequin parts that dropped from garrison.
    (1)

Greetings,

There have been requests in the past about adding new categories to the search comment feature, and we mentioned that it would be difficult to do. However, below is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui in regards to addressing this and possibly adding a linkshell category to this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

As the Trial of the Magians category is not being used very much and there is a possibility to combine both the mission and quest categories into a single category, we will be looking into whether we can use that space to add a linkshell recruitment category.

If there are other types of search comment categories you would like to see, please let us know your feedback!
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    As the Trial of the Magians category is not being used very much
    I believe that's because the whole Magian system is obsolete. People on Leviathan used to use the search category when Trial of the Magians was relevant.
    (7)

Player
    Trials of the Magians is only dead because it's not useful anymore, the item level era has no place for weapons of level 99 limitations. The only trials you might still see done are the Empyrean ones and those are dead because no changes were ever made to the Empyrean upgrade path to make it more achievable nor has the Empyrean Armor been enhanced as of yet. There was a fairly good idea of making these things into accessories after hitting 99, items that could live on in a post-item level FFXI as useful pieces of gear. I would be more than happy to make some extra weapons if you gave me for instance a 4 STR & 5 Atk Earring that's WAR only in return for trading in a level 99 STR Great Axe. The same goes with something such as PDT Earrings, Dual Wield(from OAT/OA2~4 kinda weapons) or Double Attack(Double Attack Weapons) Earrings/Rings. There's a ton of conceivable ways to make Magians worth while again, but to say the system is dead in a way that sounds like it's unexpected is only stating the obvious when it's a result of your own actions.
    (1)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    people still do ToTM but most of it is solo content, even when it was 90 cap people 2-boxed theire empyreans. Nowaday you can 2 box even the VWNMs that drop plate/cinder.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    people still do ToTM but most of it is solo content, even when it was 90 cap people 2-boxed theire empyreans. Nowaday you can 2 box even the VWNMs that drop plate/cinder.
    What do you mean by ToTM or what is the abbreviations referred to?
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Magian moogles, or trial of the Magians worded by the devs. Though I think most go Magian trials if not doing shorthand.
    (0)

Page 26 of 297 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast