Page 82 of 189 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Since there is nothing to really get excited about for the Feb. update for pld, might I suggest a quality of life adjustment. Would it be possible for the dev. team to look into making it so that we can switch shields without losing tp?
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    What is the reasoning behind this decision? Even if all you did was add acc for ochain or spell interrupt for aegis it would be nice. You guys do realize that aegis's block rate on 126 mobs is like 12% right? This no love on shields and instruments is getting really old.
    No love? Naw at this point it's pure hate
    (5)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    At this point I think SE considers Instruments and Shields 2nd class items. SE has had little if no love for brd, ever since they changed their mind to NOT give Massacre Elegy for player use.
    (1)

Character
    Leocon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I apologize if this has been asked already, but since the new method of buffing REM will give everyone afterglows, would it be possible to make a way to toggle the afterglow effect on and off? To be perfectly honest the main reason I never bothered afterglowing any of my REM is because I didn't feel like looking at the annoying effect non-stop heh.
    (0)

Character
    Mithlas
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Is there a reason that instruments and shields are not included?
    Would they be considered overpowered?

Does SE not want us using Ochain, Aegis, etc?
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Needs more iLv Aegis.
    'nough said.

Paladin has gotten scraps for a while.(If you can even call it that.)
    Lack of luster in Job Gifts and still no plans to iLv Aegis even though we're starting to see Lv135 content now. Seeing RUNs tank better in both Physical and Magical reduction as of late. Anybody else feel this way?
    (4)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yeah, disappointed with no upgrade to Ochain or Aegis. Aegis is pretty much king now that we have all these nms that deal huge dmg with spells but since Aegis's block rate is sooo bad it doesn't feel quite right, that's why I suggested maybe adding some spell interrupt or like some occ to absorb that breaks the 5% limit if they were going to upgrade it. Ochain needed an upgrade in order to motivate ppl to upgrade past 90. I guess maybe them not upgrading Aegis and Ochain was their way of wanting ppl to make the new aeonic I don't know doesn't make a lot of sense. If all they are going to do is add dmg to burtgang ill pass, 150 scoria or whatever they have planned is not worth it if its just dmg. If they wanted ppl to make the aeonic shield they should have made it like a decent blocking shield with like status resistance effect +20-30% or something like that.
    (5)

But guys, Gjallarhorn, Aegis and Ochain are already the equivalent of ilvl150 gear! Maybe even ilvl200! True story. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    (5)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    The reason Aegis, Ochain, Gjallarhorn, and the Harp aren't getting item level upgrades is really easy to explain with an expletive, but I'll try to be polite.

Aegis is too damn powerful as it is. Aegis is the reason that almost everything is capable of one-shotting a non-PLD via magic damage. A 99 Aegis already allows a Paladin to achieve -87.5% MDT. You're not wearing it for block rate. You're not wearing it for defense. You're wearing it because it bypasses the MDT cap and turns AoE magic attacks that do 12000 damage to everyone else in the party to instead hit you for 1500 damage. Even if the rest of the party is in enough -MDT gear to cap their MDT with Shell IV/V up, you're going to take 1000 damage from an attack that hits them for 4000. Aegis is a huge part of why encounter design is so screwed up. They have to design every encounter with the idea that any Paladin worth their salt has an Aegis. This means that every encounter needs to be designed around the idea that the tank can achieve -87.5% MDT. At roughly 2000 HP at current end game, this means an attack needs to deal approximately 16000 unmitigated magic damage to actually be a threat to an Aegis Paladin.

And Aegis is against ALL forms of Magic Damage. RUN can get -57.5% MDT against 3 elements, -65% MDT against 1 and -57.5% against one, or -72.5% MDT against a single element. This also requires them to harbor specific runes and use Valiance and Vallation. A Paladin can achieve far better MDT by standing still and doing nothing than the actual magic tank can get.

Ochain rarely goes above 90, because Empyrean weapons need adjustment in how annoying it is to obtain them. However, a level 90 Ochain converts 25% of damage taken to MP. You are not wearing it for its block rate, or block damage reduction. You are wear it because your job is to get beaten in the face, and Ochain gives you free MP for doing just that. MP that you can use to cure yourself, both to take burden off your WHM and to generate more enmity.

And, like Aegis, every encounter in the game is being designed with the idea that there are people who play the dedicated tanking job (PLD) who have Ochain. And that's just the stats of the 90 version. The 99 version of Ochain converts 35% of your damage taken to MP. Given the progression on Ochain from creation to 99, what would the 119 version do? Give you 50% of the damage you take as MP, in addition to have a 100% block rate on content level 130/+? What about the 119 version of Aegis? Complete immunity to magic damage?

Aegis and Ochain have very specific purposes and uses, and they are already so mindbogglingly good at their jobs that I don't know a single Paladin who uses any other shield other than those two unless they don't have them yet and are still working on getting them. Please point out all the other level 90 weapons that are getting used in Sinister Reign, Reisenjima, or any other current, relevant content.

Gjallarhorn at 99 gives a combined +50 skill and +4 to all songs. What would you like on it for item level? +100 combined skill? And +6 to all songs?

The Empyrean harp at 99 allows you to have 4 songs. What would you like an item level one to do? Allow you to have infinite songs out at once, while those poor Corsairs are sitting over in the corner unable to do more than two rolls?

These items were designed without the level cap ever being raised in mind. And, despite the fact that they're not item level, and often not raised above level 90, for the empyrean shield and harp, they're still Best in Slot and required to actually play your job in relevant content.

You might not like to hear it, and you might not understand the mechanics and other reasoning as to why these items are so incredibly powerful as they are, but they are, in fact, extremely powerful, and arguably too powerful in the first place. They're not getting upgraded.
    (3)

You have a point about Aegis, maybe Ochain, but as powerful as they are I don't think adding Shield Skill to them, which is all they would get, would make them any more of an OP powerhouse than they are. Now, adding Shield Skill to Ochain would make Priwen fall off, which I'm sure is what they want to avoid.

As for Horn and Instrument, do you even GEO bro?

The Empyrean harp at 99 allows you to have 4 songs. What would you like an item level one to do? Allow you to have infinite songs out at once, while those poor Corsairs are sitting over in the corner unable to do more than two rolls?
    5 wouldn't hurt would it? What honestly would 2 more songs do to make BRD so OP? 2 minuets extra? Also, COR at least finds a niche in Pet buffs, though adding a third roll would be welcome since again, both of those jobs, BRD and COR, are second choice to GEO, third choice as sometimes just bringing 2 GEOs is better than bringing BRD or COR. I certainly still see shouts for CP parties involving COR... but BRD has been left out for a long while now and both Ghorn and Daurd, while still the best things for BRD, are not the OP Factory they were in their glory days. (And with how powerful GEO is I don't think 6 Songs or +6 songs is going to make them more OP than GEO, or remove GEO from parties due to their valuable debuffs as well)

The only concern I see being raised for either of these, Shield or Instrument, that is it would make them even more necessary for PLDs and BRDs to own as a those jobs without them would be pathetic in comparison. Which is something I can see them wanting to avoid... but in the case of shield thats already happened, at least, I've yet to see a shout for a PLD that didn't involve needing Aegis and/or Ochain.

Its a tough balancing act and I'm not disagreeing with you entirely, but while Aegis and Ochain are still powerful, the Instruments, or at the very least, BRD, is hurting from what I can see.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 01-24-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Page 82 of 189 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast