Page 97 of 297 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
    Player
    What about a way to have your title "locked"? So it doesn't change every time you do something?
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    What about a way to have your title "locked"? So it doesn't change every time you do something?
    I wholeheartedly endorse this. Or at least the ability to change your title from a menu or a single NPC instead of having to traverse the world finding the right bard to change your title (which is sometimes intuitive, but oftentimes not).
    (1)

Can we for the love of all things Holy, please get a command to call trusts to your location?

/recalltrust - /recallfaith <p#> or all

There's nothing more frustrating than having all of them stuck somewhere or when they all line up single file. Allow us to bring them to us and to set up the location of where they are. Apururu and and a few others will move out of range, but if I lose her from lack of points, I'd like to at least be able to prevent my fill in from suffering from curse, silence, doom, etc. Or if I don't want Kuro, or and of my other non-melee mages to just stand there and be slapped with status effects.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Lightpalm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Make learning Blue Mage Magic 100%.
    -With the mass amount of spells to learn even at 100% its still a difficult task to get them all.

Merge all servers to a few.
    -Need more people to play with.

Remove the Weakness debuff.
    -Whats the point?

Remove resting and make it automatically tick when not in combat.
    -In this day and age whats the reason we need to rest stationary? Just let us recover on the move.
    --If something is attacking you then you are "in combat" and you stop recovering.

Addon API
    -I know we have windower ect but thats against the rules. Let us make official tools/content for the game ourselfs.
    --Now that its just PC players there is no advantage over console players excuse anymore.

Remove TP gain by being hit unless specialized trait dictated.
    -As I understand it being a melee in end game is non existent because they feed the monsters TP.
    --Specialized trait to get TP by being hit could be for tanks but never for monsters.

Remove the chat pause when zoning
    -I'm sure you could grab the code from your partners over at XIV.
    --No reason anyone should miss out on messages because they are zoning.

---------------------------------------

non QoL changes

Instance Dungeons
    -Most MMO's have them. Give us instanced dungeons that pertain to main stories, side stories,
    --Could be a source of loot, tokens, key items, ect ect.
    ---Could make dungeons from level 20-99

EDIT: I guess I have to make a disclaimer to not have any negative reply's to my ideas. I'm only sharing what QoL things I would like changed in the game. There is no reason anyone should be quoting my post and telling me my ideas are bad. If you dont like them then just move on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Djinnrb; 04-01-2016 at 06:39 AM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Do no make Blue Magic Learning 100%. If you do that, you might as well make all drop rates 100%. It's the same thing as having scroll drops off of mobs. The scroll is just removed as a middle-man to the learning process.

I wouldn't mind them merging all servers, the only thing I think might be bad about that is the client itself not being able to handle 2000 people in a single zone.

The point of weakness is called 'penalty for failure'. Virtually every fight in the game could be done by simply raising people faster than they died. That was actually a thing in this game, and more than once. One could argue it was at its worst during Abyssea.

As to an 'addon api':
    You quite clearly have absolutely zero understanding of what the XI client is, or what an 'addon API' is, or a great deal other things. Furthermore, they cannot open source the client for the reason that the client is authoritative in certain aspects of the game, and that would just make it easier to exploit this areas. As it is, having the client be closed source makes it much, much, much, much harder to exploit those areas of responsibility where the client can gainsay the server.

Removing TP gain for dealing damage is a bad idea. The problem with the current system lies in a) players are attacking far faster than they ever were meant to do, thanks to an overabundance of haste and multiattack, b) PLD are so tough that anything which can threaten the tank will one-shot DDs who refuse to wear -DT gear, c) DTs are too stupid to wear -DT gear, because it "affects" their DPS negatively (ignoring that being dead completely "floors" your DPS in the first place). I could go on.

The pause in the chat when zoning is something that should be investigated. It could probably be removed, and fairly quickly, if time were diverted to it, an actual, serious, useful matter, from other things, such as yet more mounts that are useless before the patch has even hit.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Remove the Weakness debuff.
    -Whats the point?
    To prevent zombie tactics, or at least discourage them.

However, the game is faster today than it was years ago, and thus the duration should be shorter.

-Even if theres 50k active people which I doubt it wouldnt be a problem.
    There would most definitely be problems if they reduced to one server. Two to four, yes. One, no way.

The pause in the chat when zoning is something that should be investigated. It could probably be removed, and fairly quickly, if time were diverted to it, an actual, serious, useful matter, from other things, such as yet more mounts that are useless before the patch has even hit.
    This is really annoying but it would probably be a total rewrite of the chat system to have the chat handled by a seperate server node so you don't lose connection to it when you're transferred.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-31-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    As to an 'addon api':
    You quite clearly have absolutely zero understanding of what the XI client is, or what an 'addon API' is, or a great deal other things. Furthermore, they cannot open source the client for the reason that the client is authoritative in certain aspects of the game, and that would just make it easier to exploit this areas. As it is, having the client be closed source makes it much, much, much, much harder to exploit those areas of responsibility where the client can gainsay the server.
    I'm no expert, but don't WoW, ESO, and other MMOs allow addons while still being closed-source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Analhelm View Post
    This is really annoying but it would probably be a total rewrite of the chat system to have the chat handled by a seperate server node so you don't lose connection to it when you're transferred.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're disconnected from the chat server while you zone. It would probably take a lot of fixing spaghetti code to change it. Although, it seems to me it would be LESS strain to the servers to stop the constant disconnecting/reconnecting.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I'm no expert, but don't WoW, ESO, and other MMOs allow addons while still being closed-source?
    They do. They also don't use XI's client, which is a crappy PS2 port that barely works on a PC as-is. The problem is less a matter of 'can it be done' and more a matter of 'do they have the manpower to do it in a timely fashion, is it a more pressing concern over other matters, and would the client handle it?' I mean, the XI client is still bound by the console-limitation of "I only poll for input once per render frame".

A better idea might be allowing item sets to be designated to be automatically equipped before the use of specific JAs on specific jobs, and as precast for specific magic skills/spells.

An even better idea might be some endorsement, or even collaboration with, certain other persons who've already solved these problems.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As for the weakness, i would love to see the HP malus to be removed.
    As you can be raised..., as you revive, you are getting killed instantly.

Also, with the trust, the attack speed, and stuff, you get locked in animation, unable to move, to do anything, but i don't know how feasable it is to change that so you're not locked anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I Suggest:

Item database for every piece of gear in the game and where the hell I can find it.

WHERE THE HELL DO I FNID ALL THE GEAR I NEED TO USE FOR EACH JOB ITS INSANE! Most social sites DO NOT offer me a LIST of ALL GEAR I can find and WHERE.

Plz offer this database to the public on SQUARE ENIX WEBSITES! My biggest annoyance!
    (3)

Page 97 of 297 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast