Page 95 of 297 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
    Player
    Add fishes to the list of items you can trade in for copper vouchers, this will give fishing value again. Fishing is actually amazing in this game but it's more or less pointless right now.

Also PLEASE allow people to use the airships to all 3 cities and jeuno at level one without a pass.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Add fishes to the list of items you can trade in for copper vouchers, this will give fishing value again. Fishing is actually amazing in this game but it's more or less pointless right now.

Also PLEASE allow people to use the airships to all 3 cities and jeuno at level one without a pass.
    Gaining the ability to use the airship is part of the main story, the pass is the option to bypass that (which is intended for experienced players making new characters/mules). Frankly I think the system is so unimportant at this time that I wouldn't waste any resources modifying it, but the pass exists for a reason (such that you must have been to jeuno at least once in order to take an airship there). They could make it cheap / free I suppose, but that goes against the lore of the NPCs telling you that getting an airship pass is expensive and telling you that the duchy has given them out before.

Entirely emoving the pass requirement is not an option because it conlficts with the general requirement that you have visted a location before being able to travel there by faster means.

Pretty much any MMO with any kind of fast travel requires that you have travelled to a town or other location on foot before you can warp/fly/sail/whatever there.
    (0)

Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Can't you use Unity warps to get to cities and places you haven't been to before? It is a bit of a walk the first time as it won't drop you off directly outside the city, but afterwards, you can just use the save point warps. I know my new character was able to quickly gain access to Unity and got 1000 accolades, which was more than enough to teleport to South Gustaberg despite having never been there.

As for my personal QoL suggestion, I wouldn't mind automaton attachments being updated to show their actual effects in-game. I know blue magic descriptions were updated to show how much job trait points they provided, and it seems that food will be updated as well. At the very least, can the following list be updated with the new attachments and revised effects? I know some of the new attachment effects were included in their respective updates, but it would be nice to have everything in 1 place.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post151415
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Can we get better login rewards more often? Why is it that really good rewards like this month's Voidwatch NM drops or the Cursed items are months and months a part? I mean, don't get me wrong, I am so happy it's back because after seeing them last September, I waited for them to show up again until now... Six months is a very long time to repeat a reward like that. Other items haven't shown up in a longer time.

The last few months, the login rewards have not been very helpful for the most part. Savory Shanks are always a go to if you don't have a Defending ring already and there's always Skirmish pop items and while these rewards are useful, they're a small incentive compared to the other rewards offered before. Why not put in the VW items or maybe Abyssea items for reforge more often to give players, especially new/returning players a nice boost, either gear or money-wise? I'm terrified that the next time I get a few extra VW items won't be until the fall (or never). I'm mainly crying about this because my computer broke and I will miss this month's reward (the one month I actually want/need the login reward, I can't login).

I'm not asking to get amazing items offered all the time, but at least let it cycle every 3 months and offer SOMETHING good every month, especially if it's an item players will want/need all year round.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post

Weakness Duration in 2016 - Can we finally get adjustments to this?

Back in early 2014, there used to be an announcement plan toward adjusting the duration of weakness when revived with Raise however those plans were then on pushed back and then was just never brought up to address anything regarding this adjustment.

Here we are now in 2016 still no word on this subject. I thought it would be appropriate to bring this back up looking at where we are at this point of FFXI so we can give out our thoughts about this and hopefully the Dev Team take this into consideration with ideas to adjust weakness timers

I just opened a thread for it here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post573950
    I am very positive this has all been discussed on the forum's and positive they shortened the weakness timer down at least a lil-bit from what it was before...

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Wow lol. It's general knowledge that noone calls Abyssea AF armor "magian armor", even though you go through trials to acquire them, the same for upgraded relic armor.

Empyrean Weapons are a different class from magian weapons. They're, obviously, on a tier with Relic, Mythic, etc.
    Yes, I know it is general knowledge none calls certain item's opposite of each other such and such, etc. But wooo...do you have to really stomp it in like that, in that sort of way to make you feel better for such things?? {Like: LOL, I'm superior over you.. <-ways?} Curious indeed! "Anyways, moving on before its to over the edge here."

Once again "you're failing" in really understanding what I really was attempting say. I said "it could have been" and 'I'm Not saying" it is called magian armor/weapon's and I "also was stating" it can always be changed in the future even to those so oblivious to times of past when they have said they will not do it or add another expansion or do anything more to the FFXI game but as time passed in the years going by year after year until eventually those changes did occur, expansion pack's added, storyline's being add-on's added to play even more out of ffxi. Which means given the years of past to note, they could still eventually take some old weapons "stuck in your eye's as the only way you see it, as to only never to be touched" magian trial weapons/armor's forcing them to be reforged, renamed, remade, reformed into newer type's of armor/weapons of the past by even assigning them to a newer npc or one that's already provided a few alternative directions to furthering such gears/weapons into its higher level version which is actually 119 with Much higher augments, plus more augment's to them. Yeah, I Know you pry wont get it either-way...I'll probably see another response like the one above fighting to let it be, keeping it the way it is now....into forever...
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 03-22-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

So, I posted a question in the BLU forum, which I kindly got an answer to, but I thought I ask for a request. Can you please make it so that the BLU Spells: Cesspool, Tearing Gust, and Cruel Joke can be made learnable via the story fights? This would give extra reasons for people to help LS friends and other that need to finish these fights, or at least IMHO anyway. Just a thought
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Any chance to increase the drop rare for quest stuff?

I'm talking about stuff like "The Sand Charm" or "Garhada Teak Lumber" drop rate is so annoying for stuff that it's used in lore-based quests that anyone basically does.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Can't you use Unity warps to get to cities and places you haven't been to before? It is a bit of a walk the first time as it won't drop you off directly outside the city, but afterwards, you can just use the save point warps. I know my new character was able to quickly gain access to Unity and got 1000 accolades, which was more than enough to teleport to South Gustaberg despite having never been there.
    you can definitely use voidwatch warps to get to zones you've never entered before.

I'd like to ask for every player to have the ability to bestow one of their home points on another player, once a week.

Tried to play with others for the first time in a long time tonight and folks wanted to do a BCNM. Ok, cool... well they wanted to do the one at the sacrificial chamber, and one of the players didn't know how to get there... and then... no one could even remember how to get there outside of the telepoint... and then... the group fell apart.

I mean, I know folks could just "git good" or whatever, but really when folks want to do an event they just want to do it... it would be nice, for the sake of friendliness, to be able to help folks out even if we've long ago forgotten how to navigate these places. (Or in my case, never ever could figure it out and had someone run me through it)
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    you can definitely use voidwatch warps to get to zones you've never entered before.

I'd like to ask for every player to have the ability to bestow one of their home points on another player, once a week.

Tried to play with others for the first time in a long time tonight and folks wanted to do a BCNM. Ok, cool... well they wanted to do the one at the sacrificial chamber, and one of the players didn't know how to get there... and then... no one could even remember how to get there outside of the telepoint... and then... the group fell apart.

I mean, I know folks could just "git good" or whatever, but really when folks want to do an event they just want to do it... it would be nice, for the sake of friendliness, to be able to help folks out even if we've long ago forgotten how to navigate these places. (Or in my case, never ever could figure it out and had someone run me through it)
    In what kind of god-forgotten place where you trying to get?

Seriusly, even getting into Temple of Ugglapih or the Camber of Tremors in the caves takes 5 minutes nowadays.
    (0)

Can we have a mini map? ^^
    (1)

Page 95 of 297 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast