Page 72 of 297 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
    Character
    Myrddin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 45
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I don't really know what you want to achieve here, as far as I remember there is nothing suggesting what level you have to be apart from the wiki and that's edited and maintained by fellow players, if you want to do it at level 55-60, do it at level 55-60. There is no level cap to the BCNM, you can do it at whatever level you feel comfortable.
    I know you can just scale up. What I mean is that it would be nice if it was possible to kill at level 50 since at this point the game caps you at level 50, and raising your level isn't actually mentioned in it yet.

See, he's level 60, which was a great design when the game came out, because you would have needed a BLM to land elemental magic, and a RDM to land enfeebs, but if you're trying to do this with trusts, you're going to need to play a few roles.

Because of this I tried RDM/WHM (for chainspell + curaga second form) I could barely land enfeebls (slow/para) and because of my drop in elemental magic skill I could barely land attacks.

I was saying in the above that lowering him to Lv.55 might be better. but after I leveled to 55 and tried him, i found it too easy.
    If His level was scaled from 60 to 57 or 58, it would make the fight difficult, but possible.

I'm just thinking in terms of making the game smoother for someone that may not know about maat at this point, that's why I consider this a roadblock. That's all, just pointing it out.

to YosemiteYogorockBlondell

I have yet to try RDM/RUN so I'll have to check that out. In my head I see they're like a tank class, so scrap the tank and just hold hate spamming spells? Yeah, I'm going to have to try this lol
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    So were Silver and Gold AMAN Vouchers ever planned? Copper implies the lowest tier with higher ones intended.
    While there are no plans to add these higher-tier vouchers at the moment, the development team started with the lowest tier naming convention just in case there was ever a need to expand in the future.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by esar View Post
    I know you can just scale up. What I mean is that it would be nice if it was possible to kill at level 50 since at this point the game caps you at level 50, and raising your level isn't actually mentioned in it yet.

See, he's level 60, which was a great design when the game came out, because you would have needed a BLM to land elemental magic, and a RDM to land enfeebs, but if you're trying to do this with trusts, you're going to need to play a few roles.

Because of this I tried RDM/WHM (for chainspell + curaga second form) I could barely land enfeebls (slow/para) and because of my drop in elemental magic skill I could barely land attacks.

I was saying in the above that lowering him to Lv.55 might be better. but after I leveled to 55 and tried him, i found it too easy.
    If His level was scaled from 60 to 57 or 58, it would make the fight difficult, but possible.

I'm just thinking in terms of making the game smoother for someone that may not know about maat at this point, that's why I consider this a roadblock. That's all, just pointing it out.

to YosemiteYogorockBlondell

I have yet to try RDM/RUN so I'll have to check that out. In my head I see they're like a tank class, so scrap the tank and just hold hate spamming spells? Yeah, I'm going to have to try this lol
    Maat wasn't ever really mantioned outside of patch notes as being what raises your level cap. The game launched with a level cap of 50 in May 2002, with the Shadow Lord as the final boss at initial release. In July or August 2002, they raised the level cap for the first time, because someone reached and discovered it. It took a full party of people at level 50 to beat him, but the cap wasn't there that long. The strategy also called for having one person tank him in that mode, to be the target of cures, while the rest backed off out of range of implosion, which you can't tell Trusts to do. Many people at NA release just brought a high-level friend to help them clear it more easily, so it was not much of a thing for NA players to fight him as a party with everyone capped at 50, since we had a level cap of 65 or 70 at NA release.

Any new player at this point is going to be using the wiki and will know about Maat, especially with Records of Eminence pointing out the level cap increases. Really, maxing out your level and then going quickly through the missions makes it easier to remember the story, rather than doing it as you level.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Snprphnx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It was previously reported, months ago, that Blade: Kamu did not receive the damage increase it was supposed to receive in the 1-Hand Weapon Skill update, on Dec 10, 2014. Will Kamu be updated, or was it not updated intentionally.
    (0)

Has anyone mention the duration of the Status Effect: Medicine? Because it's super long to begin with and part of the reason alchemy is so useless in most cases, but the timer count freezes if you go offline. Anyway to take a look at that as it is?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Has anyone mention the duration of the Status Effect: Medicine? Because it's super long to begin with and part of the reason alchemy is so useless in most cases, but the timer count freezes if you go offline. Anyway to take a look at that as it is?
    The medication effect is different for different items. For Icarus Wings it's like 2 hours, but I think Super Ether is only a few minutes.
    (0)

Character
    Shaduf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    1-Could you please add more Bar Spells i mean for Light & Darkness Elements.
    2-Also could you please allow us to have 2 Barspells at the same time? Like Barfira & barthundra at the same time? Not only the elementals but also for the bar(debuff) like Barsleepra & BarParalyzra.
    3- About the Merits, could you please allow the Max Combo to be 15 instead of 10 for each Group 1 & Group 2?
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by shaduf View Post
    1-Could you please add more Bar Spells i mean for Light & Darkness Elements.
    2-Also could you please allow us to have 2 Barspells at the same time? Like Barfira & barthundra at the same time? Not only the elementals but also for the bar(debuff) like Barsleepra & BarParalyzra.
    3- About the Merits, could you please allow the Max Combo to be 15 instead of 10 for each Group 1 & Group 2?
    Yeah, they basically created us a barspell for almost all elements except for having left out giving us something like Bardark/Bardarkness, Bardarkna/Bardarknessna or Barlight/Barlightness, Barlightna/Barlightnessna which is just name variations I've shown they could name them as if its decided to give us those additional spell's to fully complete the elemental chart of barspell's usages.

Some spell's that we get debuffed onto us are really the dark based version such as sleep, blind are just two of those examples but I would think doom would be considered a dark based element but we definitely do not have a BarDoom spell on at least whm's either.

{Just Questioning this}->So basically in reality you would want up to 4 shielding bar spell's up at the same time? ~>Two being of the elements and 2 being related to a certain debuff that is kind be relating to an element, supposedly. {Is that correct?}

~I know many jobs are getting this sort of ordeal with there jobs based on what they do have to play with and type of job it is.~
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-19-2015 at 09:45 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Probably not a big deal for certain players but Borderless Windowed mode is in the update. They mentioned something weird with the mouse happens when Alt+Tabbing in/out though.

Borderless Windowed Mode (Windows Only)
    This entry enables the player to display the game at the same resolution as their desktop.
    Unlike the full screen mode, this mode enables players to use alt-tab to switch to a different application window.

•Setup
    1. Open FINAL FANTASY XI Config and select "Global."
    2. Select "borderless Windowed Mode" from the dropdown menu.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahzewn View Post
    Probably not a big deal for certain players but Borderless Windowed mode is in the update. They mentioned something weird with the mouse happens when Alt+Tabbing in/out though.

Borderless Windowed Mode (Windows Only)
    This entry enables the player to display the game at the same resolution as their desktop.
    Unlike the full screen mode, this mode enables players to use alt-tab to switch to a different application window.
    •Setup

1. Open FINAL FANTASY XI Config and select "Global."
    2. Select "borderless Windowed Mode" from the dropdown menu.
    Let me know how that borderless play goes as I myself like to be able to have the ability to look at my google chrome pages up and even windows 10's microsoft's Edge browser pages up with ffxi game info up at the same time the game is running to look it all up but hopefully not to be really away from the keyboard in order to look at those pages as well. So let me know as i'm wanting to try this out with the ffxi config tool not related to the pol.config tool in which I thought it to be originally a setting under that tool they added to their gaming configuration tools.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-11-2015 at 07:48 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 72 of 297 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast