Page 43 of 297 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    What change? FFXI has ALWAYS been about swapping gear for JA/spells/WSs, except for in it's extremely early days when most gear had few if any stats.
    Yes, I was referring to the extremely early days but I was also in linkshells that didn't grind me on that fact I was only wearing one set of armor weather it was artifact or a relic set for the one job I had at the time which I played for many years and they did not get upset about it but most I would change out was between 2 staffs, I also recall this to be around the level 75 cap days and being in sky linkshell's as well. You kind of did contradicted yourself on the ffxi game always being swappable when you stumbled upon about the very early days of ffxi and there for not always as being entirely true!! ;-0

This was also true back then the gears you had didn't make you to seem like the greatest player like it does now or it was so much about the gears as it is now as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-10-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    I just wanted to stop in to say that I have never been a fan of swapping gears and even more so on several gears too. Where as i'd rather have one gear set that could handle the multitude of tasks that so many gears swapped out to in such a lil time by a majority of the player base now holds or going to be even more so after the september update.

I have never found this to be fun in that fact it also takes up even more space but rather wishing it was set this way to be allowed more concentration of the huge task or fight at hand with out adding in the side track of multitude upon several multiple gears to be swapped.

I'll admit this change in ffxi has dampened my spirit a bit of the wanting to play the game a lot of the times as well, along with those who cheat it to make it up to 37 or more gears swappable easier in a matter of seconds and when I heard about the gear swapping book set of macro's set only for gears coming in september, my original thought at the first second of hearing this was sheesh I think i'm quitting the game since its becoming an even more gear swapping type of game but then I was like well I'll see what its like if I can even handle it this way.

{Now I was wondering how many would rather keep it at a multiple gear swaps filling up a multitude of spaces or would you rather a gear set taking up less space for each job be created that could do the same as the multitude of tasks to which the multitude of swapping all of those does???}

If this game can't swap gears you'd just engage, click WS button every 1000 TP and pop JA every 3 min when it's up.

It's really not a lot to do compare with other MMO with more intensive JA rotation, running, dodging and jumping.

This game NEEDs gear swapping so we have more stuff to do during the battle, or else there's no point playing this game unless they revamp the battle system entirely.
    (1)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    If this game can't swap gears you'd just engage..

It's really not a lot to do compare with other MMO with more intensive JA rotation, running, dodging and jumping.

This game NEEDs gear swapping so we have more stuff to do during the battle,.
    Whaaat!! There is all ready plenty to keep your mind occupied on during the battle unless your using a tool like windower that sets most of the stuff you do during battle to automatic which is something I have been hearing a lot about on the game and in the forums here.

I will repeat something else I have said before too in a post just below yours. ;-)

This was also true back in the younger to slightly more older days of the ffxi game that the gears you had worn didn't make you out to seem like the greatest player like it does now or it wasn't so much about the gears that made the player great as it does now.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-10-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    Whaaat!! There is all ready plenty to keep your mind occupied on during the battle unless your using a tool like windower that sets most of the stuff you do during battle to automatic which is something I have been hearing a lot about on the game and in the forums here.

I will repeat something else I have said before too in a post just below yours. ;-)

This was also true back in the younger to slightly more older days of the ffxi game that the gears you had worn didn't make you out to seem like the greatest player like it does now or it wasn't so much about the gears that made the player great as it does now.
    Gearswapping is the only interesting mechanic ffxi has over other mmos.
    (4)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    You kind of did contradicted yourself on the ffxi game always being swappable when you stumbled upon about the very early days of ffxi and there for not always as being entirely true!! ;-0

This was also true back then the gears you had didn't make you to seem like the greatest player like it does now or it was so much about the gears as it is now as well.
    Let me make it clear, as you seem more than capable of gleaning what you wish from a post, rather than what was said. "The extremely early days" referred to when you'd level up into gear without stats or with mostly stats that had very little if any barring on your performance. Get that new Banded Mail? Sweet, now you've got...a few more def. How about that Royal Footman's Vest with that amazing +5 ice resist? Things of that nature didn't matter. But even back during those times, having swaps for basic acc/att sets helped a lot. I remember it being quite clear in Dunes parties who bothered to have a +Acc/Dex swap and eat appropriate food (gogo Jack O'Lanterns/Mithakabobs!).

Just because you joined an LS that settled for your sub-par willingness to swap gear doesn't mean it made you good. It hampered your ability, and thus what you could be relied on to do. As more gear has come out over the years, it's added more and more that makes a character able to do more. You might not think much of say, a 445 HP Stoneskin, but when you barely survive with that up + a -DT set, that sets you apart. Same for someone who swaps into a set for just enough MAcc/stacking Mnd to get a good potency out of Slow or Paralyze, though those haven't aged well with the game. Doubly so for melees that know how/when to alter their gear for acc/att/-DT/haste and WS sets.

Since you felt the need to repeat some nonsensical statement that surely validated your point, I'll repeat: This doesn't sound like the game for you. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of other MMOs on the market where you can stick to one gear set and be set. This is not one of those games, and I doubt many if any who continue to play want it to turn into such. Just look at the ilvl adjustments for your proof, those adjustments alone were a major hit to the system.
    (7)
    7/10/14

Character
    Okita
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Is there any way Nyzul Tokens can be added as an exchangeable item for the AMAN currencies?
    (3)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1

Compare with games like FFXIV or WoW or any action RPG, FFXI really have not much to do, even if you don't use windower. I own over 40 gear sets, and I don't use windower in XI. But I still play FFXI a lot better than XIV simply because I can't dodge/memorize boss moves. FFXI also has no PVP, unless you want to play absolutely perfect you can beat most of the content with avg reaction speed with no tools.

I honestly can't think of many MMO that requires less reaction speed and button click speed than FFXi tbh.

Also are you saying FFXI shouldn't have gear swap so players don't "stand out" because they have gears? Cuz that's exactly what MMO's about. MMO is about competition and standing out. If you design a MMO that doesn't let player stand out in some way then it probably won't sell well. Most MMO even has PVP and ranking and such.

Since FFXI already require less reaction speed than games like WoW, it's only logical to have more gears and let players stand out that way.

If you think that's seriously a big issue you can't tolerate, then maybe the entire genre of MMO isn't for you. Cuz I don't know any successful MMO with even less action element and competition element than FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    FFXI also has no PVP
    First off PVP, Lets break that down to its true meaning Player verse Player. Yes, FFXI has had an PVP in game for far to many years as far as I can remember which is called Brenner and Ballista for an example. Granted its been untouched and severally outdated, I still remember a time when folks used to come together and gather for such events in the areas of the time slot they were being provided at the time of the oldest days in ffxi.

I know there are still others here that have those grand old memories of old times past and think they might step up and reply to this with hey yeah I was one of those players of lost times gone by now. ;-)

Happy huntings!! :-)
    (0)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Let me make it clear, This doesn't sound like the game for you. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of other MMOs on the market where you can stick to one gear set and be set.
    I'm sorry i'm not gonna go into any other games and one MMO is enough and i'm not into playing multiple games myself so I will just stick with the one mmo game that I have stuck to playing for many years even if my social life still dwindles from it but yes I have read that one particular statement before you enter the game multiple times before playing the game which makes a clear statement about it! i'm sorry if this offends you in any way as well! Good Luck in your Travels! ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-15-2014 at 04:23 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    First off PVP, Lets break that down to its true meaning Player verse Player. Yes, FFXI has had an PVP in game for far to many years as far as I can remember which is called Brenner and Ballista for an example. Granted its been untouched and severally outdated, I still remember a time when folks used to come together and gather for such events in the areas of the time slot they were being provided at the time of the oldest days in ffxi.

I know there are still others here that have those grand old memories of old times past and think they might step up and reply to this with hey yeah I was one of those players of lost times gone by now. ;-)

Happy huntings!! :-)

Brenner/Ballista isn't "real" PVP. It doesn't satisfy player's desire to play better without a proper ranking/reward system nor official tournament.

Not to mention the job ability didn't balance based on Brenner/Ballista.
    (0)

Page 43 of 297 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast