Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Not sure why replies are turned off in the posted thread
    Camate moved the thread into the General Information subforum instead of General Discussion, I sent a report to have the thread moved but I guess only the nonexistent mods can see.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowlina
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    there should be a little consideration onto the /names command.
    For example:
    A type of /names like command, which disables your character name, and no one else's character name.

Been playing 11 for years, I'm pretty sure I don't need a reminder of my own character name when in cut scenes and doing events. Generally speaking, I think having the name above your own character is a little bit unnecessary, and a simple command just to remove your own name would be a lot better.

I don't want to see my own name during cut scenes, and have to remember to /names off before a cut scene so that I can't see my name, then after watching said cut scene, need to /names on so that I can carry on playing. A nice command just to be able to hide your own name would make that just a little bit easier.
    (0)

Player
    Biggest request I have for checkparam is magic accuracy. Magic attack bonus would be nice too, though.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    My only questions for you are What type of system you playing on that is causing so much lag to play the game of FFXI? What is your internet connection like, what the speed your getting from your service provider and what type of connection does the company your getting internet from provide?

I'll give you an example: Back when I played on ps2 with the system being outdated as it was while still playing FFXI on it would lag considerably a lot throughout the many years I've played with the game on my console and then the Hard drive just stopped working after a time and this was the 2nd time I had paid 100 bucks for the whole game ffxi pact simply because I couldn't find the Hard drive sold separately from the included all in one game pack and it was the only way you could get the hard drive at the time for that console and I probably bought the game four times not including the expansion pacts and add-ons. twice for ps2 thus $200.00, once for a desktop for 5 buck's limited time offer by Steam and pretty much stopped working after a few months then the ps2's 2nd Hard Drive went out and took probably a good 2 to 3 years break, maybe less after that happen while in the middle of playing ffxi both times. Now I returned back with a new alienware laptop system in 2013 and installed seekers all in one addition from SE shop site which was another repurchase of the game.

well getting way off topic but getting back to what we were discussing was that the lag your having trouble with while playing ffxi besides it adding to the additional frustration of being able to move the selection buttons easily without a fault among other things im sure your not mentioning your lag is causing troubles with while playing the game since this is part of the experience I used to have playing on a console system or a pc that was obviously wasn't working well enough to play ffxi on, Granted sometimes its the FFXI servers are at the faults for it to happen. When I switched to my laptop to come back to the game, must of been about jan/feb 2014 I noticed I didn't have the same problems of the lag like i did on ps2 and boy would it lag when I played on the console system that was unbearable.

I actually like the option no system put in place now but even I at times wanna make it to be layzier easy selectable by wishing it was set to yes, its just that when they used to have the system in place that was automatically yes once at the time, SE had gotten a ton of complaints thrown at em which is what recall for there reason to make full fail proof. Like for instance I recall times i'd read through it and still some how manage to make a wrong selection or id be getting rushed by others to get going and then it would also happen but then i'd be like: Oh. Shoot! or Darn It!! how did I managed to do that after reading it even. Just some insight to why it's in place now and for few years now.
    I kind of wish they'd make all the "yes" and "no" options the same in every single prompt in the game. If they want to set the default to "no" sometimes, that's fine. But don't make it where sometimes "yes" is on top, and "no" is on bottom, but reverse it in other places. This, to me, is a huge UI issue. It'd really be nice if I could know that ANY time I am responding to someone that the "yes" is always going to be in the same place.
    (5)

One real quality of life issue is exiting NPC text. Some you can just cancel talking to. Others you need to listen to them blather on then end the conversation by choosing a menu item. If you accidentally hit the wrong menu option when spamming enter to get through the useless text, then you have to go through it all again. I'd like to be able to press the cancel button on all normal NPC conversations.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Hello, everyone!

I just wanted to stop in to share a bit of news about Bastion battles. We’d like to look into revamping this system a bit since there are occasions where if players are not defeating monsters it will take a long time for a Bastion battle to begin. While I don’t have a specific time period to share at the moment, we will be looking into this for the future.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Please stop punishing your vanilla players and add a time-remaining effect to all buffs and debuffs so that people who don't use 3rd party software can see it as well.
    (10)

Character
    Limelol
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    Please stop punishing your vanilla players and add a time-remaining effect to all buffs and debuffs so that people who don't use 3rd party software can see it as well.
    So much this.

I've recently taken Corsair to 99 and while I love the job, I don't like having to guess when a buff is about to wear off.

For me, this is a top priority.
    (5)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just a side note that everyone would probably disagree on FFXI realm is set to be now

I just wanted to stop in to say that I have never been a fan of swapping gears and even more so on several gears too. Where as i'd rather have one gear set that could handle the multitude of tasks that so many gears swapped out to in such a lil time by a majority of the player base now holds or going to be even more so after the september update.

I have never found this to be fun in that fact it also takes up even more space but rather wishing it was set this way to be allowed more concentration of the huge task or fight at hand with out adding in the side track of multitude upon several multiple gears to be swapped.

I'll admit this change in ffxi has dampened my spirit a bit of the wanting to play the game a lot of the times as well, along with those who cheat it to make it up to 37 or more gears swappable easier in a matter of seconds and when I heard about the gear swapping book set of macro's set only for gears coming in september, my original thought at the first second of hearing this was sheesh I think i'm quitting the game since its becoming an even more gear swapping type of game but then I was like well I'll see what its like if I can even handle it this way.

{Now I was wondering how many would rather keep it at a multiple gear swaps filling up a multitude of spaces or would you rather a gear set taking up less space for each job be created that could do the same as the multitude of tasks to which the multitude of swapping all of those does???}
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-10-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    I'll admit this change in ffxi has dampened my spirit of the wanting to play the game a lot of the times as well, along with those who cheat it to make it up to 37 or more gears swappable easier in a matter of seconds and when I heard about the gear swapping book set of macro's set only for gears coming in september, my original thought at the first second of hearing this was sheesh I think i'm quitting the game since its becoming an even more gear swapping type of game but then I was like well I'll see what its like if I can even handle it this way.
    What change? FFXI has ALWAYS been about swapping gear for JA/spells/WSs, except for in it's extremely early days when most gear had few if any stats. You mean the change that they're adding the ability for everyone to easily swap gear? If so then, and I usually don't tell people this, but you should prolly look for a different game.

Gear swapping is pretty much the only highlight as far as tackling battle content and maximizing your self that FFXI offers. Other games have rotations, tier gear, character builds, etc. FFXI is very gear intensive to reach a job's max potential. If the idea of swapping pieces is that bothersome, specially when SE hands you a simple system to do so, then this is not the game for you.

As for your question, I prefer it as it is for the most part. I wouldn't mind if certain aspects were curved a bit. Like, getting the on use boost from AF/relic to JAs is a given; if you have the piece and you can be bothered to swap, you will get the effect. In a way, for less used pieces, I wish you could convert it into a KI that always effected the JA so that it's one less swap/piece of gear you gotta bother with. Turn in your Pummeler's Lorica +1, get Pummerler's Essense KI: While your main job is Warrior, your Berserk duration is enhanced by 14 seconds. Things like that. Gear that must be continuously worn during the effect (like Pummerler's Mufflers) should remain as they are however.

Also, time of day based items, like Gessho's ammo piece, are rather annoying. It's a solid TP piece, when it's working. But with in-game macro ability, it's rather cumbersome to bother using.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 08-10-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    7/10/14

Page 42 of 297 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast