Page 153 of 297 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2962
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Stop asking for campaigns, they are bad. Ask for the base game to be fixed.

Why is VW 100% not worth doing at all without a campaign still? Who knows.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Stop asking for campaigns, they are bad. Ask for the base game to be fixed.

Why is VW 100% not worth doing at all without a campaign still? Who knows.
    I happen to like some of them. They are not all bad. Please prove me wrong if you can. The base game is not broken, though there are plenty of tweaks that would be welcome. :3

Try logic if you wish to want to argue against the status quo. At the very least, logical arguments encourages discussion and comes across better than trying to shout down your opposition. Heck, maybe you could even build a case to support your anti-campaign stance that convinces others to actually agree with you.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I happen to like some of them. They are not all bad. Please prove me wrong if you can. The base game is not broken, though there are plenty of tweaks that would be welcome. :3

Try logic if you wish to want to argue against the status quo. At the very least, logical arguments encourages discussion and comes across better than trying to shout down your opposition. Heck, maybe you could even build a case to support your anti-campaign stance that convinces others to actually agree with you.
    Simply not their MO, sadly.

They have an opinion and they will ram it down your throat, and they are right and everybody else is wrong. Nothing new to see here to be honest.

At any rate, campaigns are supposed to get players excited and get them to join in, to rotate activities. I think what they are trying to accomplish, is to get more people attempting to do the same activity simultaneously. Without campaigns, even if you buffed activities to campaign levels, you'd get Player A who wants to do VW, you'll get Player B who wants to do CP, you'll get Player C who wants to do HTBF, you'll get Player D who wants to do WKRs, and you'll get Player E who wants to do Omen.

These players obviously are not going to get anything done, because none of their goals overlap, they each want their own thing.

However, by doing a campaign, you increase the chances that each of these players will prioritize a certain activity (and thus be more likely to group up so said activity can be done) over others. And by rotating the activities, you try to get a bigger part of the playerbase to rotate with it.

I can see what they're trying to do with the campaigns, even if I am on a low-pop server which doesn't really help things any, but yet I don't want to be shoehorned into Asura, and a lot of these activities... I either have no place in, or they have nothing I'm interested in, or the chances/rewards (even with the campaign) are simply too low for it to be a good investment of my time.

THESE are what need fixed, not the campaigns. The campaigns actually have solid reasoning behind them.
    (2)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Not sure how you can like only being able to do x content during y time frame and being forced to spam x content during y time frame and then burned out from the game and not wanting to play again.

Not sure how you like economies being completely destroyed during campaigns then "fixed" 6 months later(eschalixir +2's are a good example, worth nothing atm).

Why should VW ONLY be worth doing when a campaign is active? You're literally never getting capped lights or enough lights to get any form of actual drops from VW outside campaigns so you save up stones until a campaign is active then spam it until you're burned out.

Campaigns cause burn out and cause people to unsub, they crash economies, they devalue items, they create imbalanced items(dark matter augments), they are unhealthy and bad for the game.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Not sure how you can like only being able to do x content during y time frame and being forced to spam x content during y time frame and then burned out from the game and not wanting to play again.

Not sure how you like economies being completely destroyed during campaigns then "fixed" 6 months later(eschalixir +2's are a good example, worth nothing atm).

Why should VW ONLY be worth doing when a campaign is active? You're literally never getting capped lights or enough lights to get any form of actual drops from VW outside campaigns so you save up stones until a campaign is active then spam it until you're burned out.

Campaigns cause burn out and cause people to unsub, they crash economies, they devalue items, they create imbalanced items(dark matter augments), they are unhealthy and bad for the game.
    There've added enough better alternatives to gear that can be augmented by eschalixirs that the demand for 'lixirs is simply falling off. Same thing happened with airlixirs. They added the DM campaign because supply couldn't possibly keep up due to the singular source, and most couldn't afford the market prices since rarity drives prices up. I sure as heck am not spending 1-2mil per "MND+1 Avatar perp cost -2" augment on my herc gear, and I doubt there are many others who have easy access to doing so either. Adding the DM campaign actually raised the price on Dark Matter, so don't see how that is "destroying economies".

I've capped lights outside of campaign by *gasp* proc'ing the mobs. It is possible to do so, just not as time-efficient to farm as during a VW campaign. That is what the majority of campaigns do btw. They just increase farming efficiency and make the content faster, not easier, to steamroll thru. I can flatten every VW NM outside of campaign for the same rewards by making an effort to proc, (and I have done so,) it just means I have to spend more time proc'ing before said flattening.

Back to my suggestion though, I don't see a flood of people flocking to their Mog Gardens for hours per day if a double credit campaign were to be added. By doubling credit, not harvest attempts, it would have nearly zero impact on the economy. There are no combat benefits from Mog Garden outside of cheers, so no harm done there either. It would help those who are working on ranking up by ranking up faster, and help compensate a bit for the unintuitive way that the furrows work for those who haven't spent the time researching outside sources of information.

All positives as far as I'm concerned, but maybe I've missed a negative. Do you have any valid/logical arguments against my request? "I'm right and you are wrong" is not a valid argument, btw. ^^
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-27-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Do you have any valid/logical arguments against my request? "I'm right and you are wrong" is not a valid argument, btw. ^^
    Nuh uh is too!
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Do you have any valid/logical arguments against my request? "I'm right and you are wrong" is not a valid argument, btw. ^^
    Better watch what you say, or she'll call the mods on you because she can't post here unless she has the mods helping her "destroy" anybody who doesn't agree with her.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You're not capping lights without a group of people, and no one's going to group up for VW. You can't possibly think that VW is actually something ANYONE will do without a campaign, lol.

Mog garden should be fixed BASE in the game, not a campaign, not a "you must log in during x month and do this everyday for a month or you'll be behind by literally months and feel bad!", it should BASE be lowered to take less time.

Any campaign that "fixes" content should be put into the base game, probably at a 50% of the value of the campaign or so, but should be put in to help the game no matter when someone decides to play.

Spamming content because a campaign is active burns people out, and makes them unsub and quit for a while.

Suggest good things for the game, not half-baked suggestions that temp fix a problem with the game if you happen to be playing during x month, that's awful and just screws over someone who decided NOT to play during x month. How is that good for the game?

This game has always been about playing at your own pace and picking your own grind, not the developers deciding what YOU should be grinding on x month. That is why campaigns are bad, they basically tell you what you should be doing and when you should be doing it.

They also make it so people don't even bother to do x content unless a campaign is up which just ruins content. How many people do you see JPing without a JP campaign? Not many - as soon as a campaign pops tons of people are doing it and all spots are filled. This is why campaigns are bad for the game, and a great example of it.

edit: Any mods here? Being personal attacked, mocked, and insulted again. Don't appreciate childish behavior. What happened to the crazy good mods that banned everyone for being rude? Did you fire them?
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-27-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This game has always been about playing at your own pace and picking your own grind,
    Did you somehow forget you're on FFXI and not FFXIV forums or something?

FFXI was never about "playing at your own pace", because many of the various grinds in FFXI are legendary. They can take weeks, months, upwards of a year or at least did back when they were current content. "Playing at your own pace", assuming it's not tryhard pace, means it will take forever to get anything done.

And "picking your own grind" is lulz too, because a lot of these grinds are mandatory if you want any decent performance, and yes they are grinds. Look at Ygnas and the ridiculous crap you have to do just to have access to him (who is the only "good" healer trust and is the one the developers themselves recommend you get if you want to solve your lack of good healer trust problems, like they expect players to do without any good healers for 6+ months), or what about Ambuscade and its various grinds? You got the Metals, the Capes, all of that happy jazz, and you had better grind it or you are useless without it.

I simply don't think you've been playing the same game we are, to be honest, and this is not meant as an insult or flame or whatever, but seriously. Some of the stuff you say, seriously makes me wonder what's going on with you. No offense meant.

EDIT: I seriously don't have anything against you, even though you did look down your nose at me, belittled me, made fun of my job choices, and tried to treat me like I'm a newbie who just started playing the game during the past year. I really don't have anything against you, and you are perceiving flames/personal attacks/etc where none were meant. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Could you please stop and get back on topic?
    (1)
    Last edited by Aysha; 08-27-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You pick something and grind it, the game is going nowhere and nothing is going away. Every 6 months in FF14 your gear invalidated and all progress reset. Not sure how you think FF14 is "play at your own pace" when it adds new raid tiers that make all your gear pointless every 6 months and every expansion every 3 years completely resets the game from scratch. Meanwhile FF11 has had the same gear with sidegrades for 5+ years now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-27-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Page 153 of 297 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast