Page 124 of 296 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2951
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    That would make unmastered players even more scrubby and would make getting an invite for anything for the majority of players almost impossible.
    Or it might give more of an incentive than those crappy 3 stars
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    This, because -15m on 1hr isn't really much of a reason. If your strat depends on 1hr, you'll find a way to reset it (there are a few). Noone deliberately waits 40 minutes for the remaining duration--and that's assuming all the important 1hr's to your strategy are 2100s.
    (2)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    One thing that needs some serious looking at is the bad pathing for pets. It affects trusts somewhat too, but it's worse for pets and especially bad with chapulis(I'm guessing that leaping motion as they move is exacerbating things). They get hung up and stuck when the route across a floor gets to be a tight squeeze. Some trouble spots in particular are the holes in the floor on the upper level of Garliage, those ferns and roots in Yorcia, the pillars in all flavors of the Undersea Ruins, "single rock next to a bend" in a lot of tunnels, and those spiky rock/ice spires all over the place in Xarcabard. Once your pals get caught on these things usually the only way to get them unstuck is to walk back between the obstructions and lead them well around. Still it's ridiculous that it's even a problem, they should go right over/through that sort of thing like mobs do. At the very least, pet commands that bring your pet back to your side could warp them there instantly if you're sufficiently far away.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    As someone that has been back about 9 months now, with under 400 JP I can tell you that it would not encourage me to grind out CP. It would make me want to quit the game.

It would not be a reward for having the stars, it would be a requirement. Grinding out 2.1k JP is an other worldly level of boring and soul destroying grind to me and if I had to do that, I would unsub tomorrow.

I know you can't see it from another players perspective and only see it from your own, that's why I'm trying to give you it from the other side.

Job points are already used to ostracize players from doing endgame, this would make that far, far worse.
    (2)

As someone who types /sea all Burpforjebus and /sea all Jacert, you don't exist. Can't really get JP if you don't log in and play
    (1)

Player
    That would make unmastered players even more scrubby and would make getting an invite for anything for the majority of players almost impossible.
    People already shout for master or 1200 JP only in most shouts. Nothing much would change. You're also missing out on a huge chunk of stats if you refuse to JP, regardless. I agree with the original opinion of making master actually mean something.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Alternatively, it could create a greater impetus in the playerbase to make CP parties and not to just wait for a campaign to come around. Hell, you might even have players wanting to join parties en masse again rather than just waiting for their skilled friends to have a random CP itch.

Now that accuracy requirements have been decreased, seems like it's as good a time as any.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Alternatively, it could create a greater impetus in the playerbase to make CP parties and not to just wait for a campaign to come around. Hell, you might even have players wanting to join parties en masse again rather than just waiting for their skilled friends to have a random CP itch.

Now that accuracy requirements have been decreased, seems like it's as good a time as any.
    It won't happen though, FFXI has embraced solo player and as such the mentality of a lot of players has changed from the past. At any given moment the number of players grinding CP solo/duo dwarfs the amount who are in groups on Apex.

If the devs added this it would not only create an even bigger gulf between players, but top tier players will have even less desire to play anything but their capped jobs. It's a dumb idea all around once you scratch the surface.

What they should do imo for capped players is make it so that each mastered job gives an additional character wide 50% CP bonus to all other jobs. So 50% for one mastered job, 100% for 2 mastered classes, 150% for 3 etc. This will encourage the mindless grinders to cap out more and more jobs (which was the intention of JP anyway, cheap and easy long term grind content to keep people subbed)

If the developers would of had no issue with players having such a massive advantage they would of not made the reward for beating the master trials be a cosmetic, they would of put some crazy OP gear in it. That shows they are afraid of the possible gulf between players causing a mass exodus. As much as the elite players like to think otherwise, the scrubs are just as important as they are. When everyone is elite nobody is, when you can't show off how awesome your stars are then what's the point of having them show at all.

Half the people who are in favor of this would of raged their pants off is they had put IL120 gear in as a reward for beating master trials.

They need to add a reason for mastered players to get off their all powered job and grind other jobs up to master, not give them more reason to never swap.
    (2)
    Last edited by Castanica; 08-07-2016 at 07:10 PM.

CP activity has been down for several months because of the lack of campaign but for you to state that one dwarfs the other is just you pulling numbers out of thin air (same if I said vise versa).

I wish they'd stop with the campaign and just make double xp/cp full time.

There is some "cp grinding" you do casually, like when what you're really after is silt, or say farming Warders but CP'ing with the intent to get CP--there's no telling which way the pendulum swings.

You're adamant that XI is a solo game that has room for parties, and yet even many remotely hard bosses need humans to progress through (not overgeared-dominate). If t1 caturae are hard for your group, you're going to be depressed when Apururu uses all her mp to remove a curse, cure 6, remove a curse, cure 6, until she's out of mp or when everyone gets slept and she wakes Ulmia first (Ulmia, who does nothing but sings songs).

You're just giving the description of XI that fits how you want to play XI.

And no, allowing people to fully merit jobs as a 2100 couldn't possibly make me any more wanted on my 2100s than I already am.

Most jobs have a few great merit categories a few that are ... less spectacular and even a few that noone would ever merit in. Most jobs have the ability to get the great ones, and tap into the good ones.
    (3)

I know you can't see it from another players perspective and only see it from your own, that's why I'm trying to give you it from the other side.

Job points are already used to ostracize players from doing endgame, this would make that far, far worse.
    That was the case long before JP were even a thing. I still don't have a mastered job, but I know I'll get there eventually. And there are still things that can be done to bridge gaps. But personally as a SMN, if I could unlock the rest of the Group 1 merits to max, I'd be extra happy. I know the same would be said for those that play RDM, WHM, BLU, and even BST. It doesn't always have to be such a negative. JPs are somewhat of what it use to be with once Abyssea, but not nearly the soul breaking grind of 1-75 back in the day before ultra boosts to EXP
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 124 of 296 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast