Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tanag
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

TOAU Kings Repop Timers need to be addressed

The TOAU king pop times badly need to be addressed. These NMs are required to make a Mythic, which I get is meant to be rare and difficult and I think thats great, but changes are badly needed.

I decided to be proactive with my last NM, Medusa. I decided I'd camp her as soon as maintenance ended to ensure I was there for the kill. The last maintenance was on Jan 1st, I've had my character sitting there not moving since then. That's 2 weeks. Over 330 hours, just sitting in one spot. Today I dc'd for 4 hours and she popped as was killed.

The time sink here is just absurd. I know TOAU was all about wasting peoples time, but come on. Please adjust this to something reasonable. There is no acceptable reason for an NM to take over 2 weeks to pop.
    I'm sure the pop conditions are associated with besieged, but that's just not something 1 person control.

There real problem is the quest for the titles, An Imperial Heist, is a prerequisite for the meat of the mythic quest. The real problem here is gathering Alexandrite is just not feasible when it cannot be turned in to the NPC. It takes so much inventory, which we all know is very limited, space to get 30,000.

Please SE do something about this. Im tired of standing in a grey room for weeks on end.
    (14)
    Tanag - Alexander

Character
    Dawezy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    And easier to access, not everyone has an alliance with them 24/7 to help lift those switches, and open all the key-breaking one-way doors.
    (1)

Player
    It would be amazing if they added a Waypoint location or a new Home Point to those zones directly behind the King doors.
    (1)

Character
    Griblit
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think the bottom line is that the whole Mythic Weapon progress needs to be revamped. Yes, it should be very difficult to obtain them, but they should be on par with Relic and Empyrean. The requirements to get these weapons are insane, and most of them are not even as good as their R/E counterparts!
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Griblit View Post
    I think the bottom line is that the whole Mythic Weapon progress needs to be revamped. Yes, it should be very difficult to obtain them, but they should be on par with Relic and Empyrean. The requirements to get these weapons are insane, and most of them are not even as good as their R/E counterparts!
    It's more accurate to say that most Mythics are best in slot and are incredible boons for their respective jobs. Also, Empyreans are arguably more difficult to 99 and you generally get much less bang for the buck. Relics are easy though.
    (1)

Character
    Jiyou
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well apparentely SE doesn't want more mythics. There's obviously something very wrong with ToAU kings pops. If you call a GM to try and help all they tell you is to post in forum, despite the already inumerous threads about it that keep getting ignored while players are standing in Halvung losing precious time of their lifes. Like posting here does any good! (maybe if you're japanese)
    (3)
    *WARNING*

This kitty may bite if provoked

Character
    Caradog
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Been at the Troll since last Monday.
    Even assuming the Maint reset it, this will be the forth day without a pop.
    For an NM that also requires six people to even access this is ridiculous.
    Eighth day of standing here, fun.
    GMs are roughly as helpful as they are game knowledgeable, being patronized and asked which zone I'm attempting to fight it in (whilst standing in Halvung) is in no way helpful.
    Telling people to post on these forums, is equally unhelpful, the oldest post I can find (and the only one actually replied to by Camate) was back in 2011, this issue still hasn't been addressed.
    Either release the conditions for these spawning or simplify them.
    Also, having anything that people are reporting not spawning for over thirty days is really not inkeeping with the spirit of the disclaimer they make us read, everytime we login.
    (6)

Character
    Tanag
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I am on Day 27 (640+ real life hours) of camping Medusa now. She has popped twice to be fair, once after the initial 336 hours while I was dc'd and again the other day while I was at work so I missed her.

These have got to be changed. This is a month now where my character has been standing in the same spot doing nothing. Complete waste of time.
    The Mythic quest is already going to take me another 2 months of using tags everyday, and I can't even start it till I get this title.

It's a shame we can't sensationalize this to news sites like the 18 hour PW. That sure got SE to move their butts fast.

Please keep posting your accounts here everyone. If we get the thread large enough maybe it will get some actual attention.
    (1)
    Tanag - Alexander

Character
    Jiyou
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Look SE, so bored i'm starting a daily log!

Almost midnight. Almost into day 9 of hunting Gurfurlur the Menancing.

4 people here, so tired of each other's faces. Soon we'll start killing each others. For now we'll settle on some trolls here and there. I can see desperation growing. Not sure all of us will survive this experience. I'll keep you posted. Wish us luck.

*Disclaimer* - some sarcasm may or may not have been used.
    (4)
    *WARNING*

This kitty may bite if provoked

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm not trying to build a mythic, but this is seriously messed up and people have been saying so for a while. They need to cut it down to something like a 4 hour repop, or maybe even a forced pop with a pop item you get off an ISNM battle.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast