Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I haven't really seen as much congestion in these lately. However, if you are adding these over to the new mission battlefields, it'd be best if you made each non-Ark Angel fight drop only one type of Rem's chapter. So like....

Stellar Fulcrum only drops Chapter 6.
    Celestial Nexus only drops Chapter 7.
    Tenzen only drops Chapter 8.
    Ouryu only drops Chapter 9.
    Some still unimplemented BCNM drops Chapter 10.

Alternative, implement 2 new AMAN Vouchers. When turned in to the sparks trading NPCs, these vouchers entitles you to either 1 or 2 copies of any Rem's Tale chapter you want. Make that drop from the new BCNMs.
    (4)

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dear SE just increase drop rate on plans, 4 on normal 6 on D and 8 on VD, the reason why ppl do more AA then others is drops are useful and dont need to deal with bullshit
    (2)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This doesn't really tackle the issue though, most people aren't doing the AA fights purely for Rem Tales, they're doing them for Gear drops. And you have only 3 instances for 6 different fights, do you see the problem here?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    This doesn't really tackle the issue though, most people aren't doing the AA fights purely for Rem Tales, they're doing them for Gear drops. And you have only 3 instances for 6 different fights, do you see the problem here?
    Yes, that's a big part of the issue, but you can't say if people could get Rem Tales from the other fights reliably that it wouldn't be helped. I've been trying to get the Body from Ouryu, the Feet from Tenzen, and the Legs from Stellar Fulcrum for some time now, I've gotten none of these 3 pieces. The one piece from the non-AA fights I have gotten was the Vanir Feet, those were only gotten because people do the Vanir fight for the Fast Cast/Stun body piece. People do these for gear undoubtedly but they do them for tales too. If you're after gear, you might do 1 of 9 fights, depending which fight drops it, but if you want chapters, you're only looking at 5 fights which might drop what you want, that is unless you want to take a shot in the dark.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Yes, that's a big part of the issue, but you can't say if people could get Rem Tales from the other fights reliably that it wouldn't be helped. I've been trying to get the Body from Ouryu, the Feet from Tenzen, and the Legs from Stellar Fulcrum for some time now, I've gotten none of these 3 pieces. The one piece from the non-AA fights I have gotten was the Vanir Feet, those were only gotten because people do the Vanir fight for the Fast Cast/Stun body piece. People do these for gear undoubtedly but they do them for tales too. If you're after gear, you might do 1 of 9 fights, depending which fight drops it, but if you want chapters, you're only looking at 5 fights which might drop what you want, that is unless you want to take a shot in the dark.
    The dev post makes it sound like SE think that by putting Rem tales that drop from AA fights into other non AA fights it`ll somehow alleviate the congestion caused by only having 3 instances for 6 fights. It will go some way to helping sure, but the big issue i'm concerned with is why there are only 3 battle instances. Nyzul Isle has more instances as far as I know and thats 1 zone, compared to the 6 for AA+DM

When you are gathering for a DM+II run and you get met with "you cannot enter at this time" for an hour, it gets annoying very fast. There should be 1 instance for each fight, 6 fights = 6 instances.
    (0)
    Last edited by Calatilla; 05-02-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Player
    The dev post makes it sound like SE think that by putting Rem tales that drop from AA fights into other non AA fights it`ll somehow alleviate the congestion caused by only having 3 instances for 6 fights. It will go some way to helping sure, but the big issue i'm concerned with is why there are only 3 battle instances. Nyzul Isle has more instances as far as I know and thats 1 zone, compared to the 6 for AA+DM

When you are gathering for a DM+II run and you get met with "you cannot enter at this time" for an hour, it gets annoying very fast. There should be 1 instance for each fight, 6 fights = 6 instances.
    And you have my full agreeance on that, I'm just saying that giving the other fights specific chapters will help too. The fact that the other ones have it random not only attribute additional congestion but also make the other fights much less desired. There's a reason why in the time it's been out I've done no Ouryu, 3 Tenzen, and 2 Stellar Fulcrum, 2 of those have been out less than a month but the third has been out for a fairly decent amount of time. The reason I've done them so little is because there are so few shouts for it on Phoenix, hardly anyone wants to do them, and unless gear incentive exists it won't be done because Chapters are simply too random.

I agree the amount of instances is the largest problem, I'm just saying content wise and congestion wise that changing the chapters would help both ways, especially if they're unable to untie the AA fights themselves due to the way it was created originally all those years ago(since it seems they're tied together).
    (2)

yeah they really muffed up by putting lacklustre gear in Ouryu fight especially. I see people shout for Tenzen (assuming for the ilevel SAM bow) but NOT 1 shout for Ouryu. If it dropped some tales and maybe 1 piece of gear which wasn't mediocre people would do it.

I mean, I'd totally like that gear but my LSmates who are better geared don't see it as an upgrade so they don't want to do it.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

As the drops that you can receive from the Ark Angel battlefields are closely tied to that boss it would be a bit strange to suddenly have them dropping from other locations. That is why we have chosen to begin by first adjusting Rem's Tales and continue to monitor the changes. Also, as Camate mentioned, we'll be lowering the cost of Phantom gems for other high-level battlefields to 10 merit points in the June version update.

However, with that said, I did want to let you all know that we are considering having the Divinator and Seraphicaller available from additional locations in the future. When details have been confirmed, we'll be sure to let you know!
    (8)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    yeah they really muffed up by putting lacklustre gear in Ouryu fight especially. I see people shout for Tenzen (assuming for the ilevel SAM bow) but NOT 1 shout for Ouryu. If it dropped some tales and maybe 1 piece of gear which wasn't mediocre people would do it.

I mean, I'd totally like that gear but my LSmates who are better geared don't see it as an upgrade so they don't want to do it.
    The one piece from Ouryu that's good is the body piece. That body is the best Enfeebling body in the game for all jobs including RDM and even beats our RF1+1 Tabard in every stat except INT/MND by 4 points, but the MAcc/Skill more than make up for that. It's also a great melee mage body. The issue is that Enfeebling Magic and melee maging are both crap. It's the one good upgrade I see in that fight and it's not nearly enough to motivate people to do it, I'd have to solo the fight to obtain the drops and I'm not going to submit myself to 100+ fights spending 2000+ merits for that body, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    As the drops that you can receive from the Ark Angel battlefields are closely tied to that boss it would be a bit strange to suddenly have them dropping from other locations. That is why we have chosen to begin by first adjusting Rem's Tales and continue to monitor the changes. Also, as Camate mentioned, we'll be lowering the cost of Phantom gems for other high-level battlefields to 10 merit points in the June version update.

However, with that said, I did want to let you all know that we are considering having the Divinator and Seraphicaller available from additional locations in the future. When details have been confirmed, we'll be sure to let you know!
    Are there any plans to make the other Merit Point fights more desirable?

Right now they rely on nothing but gear as incentives while Ark Angels have both pages and gear as incentives. AAs also have Divine Might where you can get a ton of drops in little time with a good group, something none of the other instances have no matter what they look to obtain. I expect an 'Apocalypse Nigh' battlefield in the future which may help address the Celestial Nexus and Stellar Fulcrum instances being so deserted for gear in the same way Divine Might does, but the fact that Tenzen and Ouryu have no sort of joint battles means that their gear is likely to be nearly unobtainable for most of us.
    (2)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    As the drops that you can receive from the Ark Angel battlefields are closely tied to that boss it would be a bit strange to suddenly have them dropping from other locations.
    Ok then, why not make forced pop versions of the Ark Angels elsewhere in Tu'Lia (not in instanced battlefields), which have a chance to drop the AA gear but not any chapters? That way, the people going for just the gear can pop as many AAs as they want and not jam up the few instanced zones. Add a feature like that in addition to chapters dropping in other battlefields, and that should alleviate the congestion.

Forced pops worked pretty nicely in Abyssea. Dunno why everything these days has to be in instances, nobody likes having to wait.
    (7)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast