Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    meh, dual wield may not "smell right" on rdm thematically: but it's a thing that already exists, that would go a long way towards solving one of RDMs problems. and since DNC, THF, and BLU got it, precedent has been set. it's an easy answer with very little reason as to "why not?"

other, slightly more complicated ideas would be:

-a job ability like diffusion or accession with, about a 3 minute recast.

this would allow for one spell to be shared full-time in potency gear, but not 2 even in duration gear. (it would be close though...) the big candidate here is temper, but gain/enspell/phalanx could all be useful given the right circumstances.

and

-an enfeebling spell that DIRECTLY reduces the damage of mob special attacks.

something akin to scherzo/earthen armor. the duration/recast would need to be such that it is full-timable. this would probably work a little differently because it's on the mob and not the players, so how does it check for hp%?
    i would say make it reduce ALL the monsters special attacks, but by some lower amount. 25-30% compared to scherzo/EE at 45-50%? i think this would actually be fairly well balanced since the reduced potency still means you'll want scherzo/EE sometimes, but the lack of an HP% check means it can protect you from things scherzo/EE don't.
    it goes without saying that this would have to be a reliably LANDABLE spell. nobody resists scherzo.
    (1)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 01-14-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    No to this, yes to the rest. RDM shouldn't have duel wield as a native trait. While they should have the Shield Mastery Trait, even how most people just sub NIN anyway.
    Well while /NIN used to be used for tanking and soloing, now days its also the only possible choice for DDing, /DNC just does not give the same DW and the lack of that 10% DW is what brings it down so very far in damage, let alone any other sub that has no DW like WAR or DRK. RDM's biggest melee flaw is the lack of DW while simultaneously lacking any form of native Attack Buff, which literally means we either pick DW or Attack, and since DW is almost always the one with a higher overall DPS, NIN is always the correct choice.

The only 3 things that would really truly put RDM on the boards in general and give it some amount of acceptance would be Fencer in high levels, Dual Wield, or a spell that grants us a ton of Attack like Temper does Double Attack. Gear alone is what we are getting right now, and before this last update we lacked even that, but that alone will not put us on the board it will only make us suck a little less, so when you get right down to it, we need something else too, Dual Wield is just the best option.
    (1)

it'd have to be like, a SHITLOAD of fencer though. i feel like rdm would have to end up with better fencer than warrior has (and warrior has the most)

it'd need new tiers of fencer, or just a completely reworked fencer (which may not be a bad idea really. it's kind of a useless job trait in it's current iteration.)
    (0)

Player
    Well yeah thats what I meant, even if we had WAR's level of Fencer it really wouldn't beat out the power of Dual Wield, the only thing that makes it some what more redeemable on RDM is the fact we need the Attack/Accuracy boost from /WAR so with WAR99 level Fencer it might just be worth the trade off, even that would be pushing it though. I by no means meant that a lower level of Fencer would be any good, if that were the case we could just sub WAR as it is and be well enough off, but~ no, that doesn't work out sadly.
    (0)

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

RDM sleeps in coffin daily...

i pray to the gods if there even listening that someone from se and others take these ideas to heart. i like the way you think and can tell you are truly an end game rdm as i have been rdm on laksmi for 11 years and agree 100% the your ideas will not break the game but instead Arise RDM from the current vampire coffin i sleep in DAILY for a long time now. RDM may not be dead dead... just the walking dead for a long time........se help us out I and many are 11 years into my favorite job/game! GEO was salt on mortal wound and nothing for RDM to compete for invites so please dont continue to injure RDM where all ready gravly wounded...any more injury and NO FIX's to RDM id say SE might as well kill us off entirely because where all SUFFERING DAILY! ... that said... but dont kill rdm, ARISE us all!!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by shantaru; 02-12-2014 at 01:07 AM. Reason: spelling error

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    ya this isnt a good response from a RDM that knows what is like. you need get to endgame and RDM jupitor, mars, maximus status and then youl wonder why you cant get into anything even close to 119 less not many SCH's for (3 stun on fracture) mabey rdm be invited (course once again GEO may be on LMAO. ONCE you beed a rdm long enough to realize why we post this stuff im sure you can give better repsonce to the real problem! if your not RDM J,M,Max'd yet and not at the endgame content you really dont sleep in a coffin like the vampire RDM where talking about. once cap fascast hit ya and you got the mac sets and heals sets (cap) etc your gonna want 119 content stuff like AAHM saber and stuff. not 1 invite for me since it came out on AAHM i made 31 of my own runs knowing no one want to bring RDM. with that said saber only seen 1 time in 119 or DIFF mode (total 31 runs) again i dont know why this is so hard to get. bad enough no one takes RDM/BLU!!
    (0)

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

good ideas for SOLO RDM, mabey more..

i like your ideas as well but some new stuff like the dispel II mutli buff remover, haste II, and a few others really are not bad to help RDM be invited as how many can dispell like RDM or HASTE same haste RDM has. ive seen in fracture even others dispel tojil easy. whats that all about??? again RDM not needed in fracture ive seen the 3 SCH and GEO setup for mage party = many wins!! THEY never take RDM
    (0)
    Last edited by shantaru; 02-12-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    >_>

You need to calm down, Shantaru.
    (0)

so... shantaru... nobody can tell who you're talking to.

you need to quote what you're responding to, or at least name the author. also you can multiquote and respond to multiple ideas in one post, instead of rapid firing posts.

combined with english being, and forgive the assumption here, not your first language? you kinda read like an insane person <.<

i get you're prolly just excited but uh... yah dude. settle down. nobody knows what you're talking about.

sorry
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2