Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regarding Skipped Cutscenes

Greetings,

Below is a comment from Yoji Fujito regarding cutscenes that are being skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    We've been receiving GM calls and bug reports for a while now regarding cutscenes being skipped automatically, but this is something that was very intricate and it took us an extremely long time to analyze. Today we've finally identified the cause and we will be implementing a fix in the upcoming version update.

The cutscenes that were being skipped were those that were part of battlefields where level restrictions were imposed. The level wasn't the issue; it was the level restriction status.

To give you a breakdown of the cause, last fall we enhanced the entry requirements and cutscene loading check, but the actual level restriction status was not included in the checks. Due to this, the entry requirements were being check properly; however, the level restriction status applied after entering the battlefield was getting stuck on the cutscene loading check, and as a result the system was incorrectly determining that the cutscene has already been watched.

By trading an item to the Goblin Footprint in the area of the battlefield where cutscene was skipped, you can watch them again. (The item will not be taken from you.)

Though there may be a loss of immersion, please check out the cutscenes that you were unable to see.

This was an extremely simple cause once we realized it, but we weren't able to identify it for a while. I deeply apologize to everyone who was really looking forward to watching the story.
    (26)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Thank you.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Actually, will this just be the long-standing bug that eats opening cutscenes, or will this also fix the new bug that eats closing cutscenes that popped up last fall?
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

This might be the first time in the history of FFXI that a developer actually EXPLAINED how an apparently W-T-F bug came about. It's great, thanks to Yoji_Fujito for posting it, it makes a hugely repfreshing change from SE's usual total silence or at least best opaquely vague and information-free comments.

Let's hope for more transparency in future.
    (3)

Not being able to watch myself in the cutscene after killing the shadowlord was very distressing; I had to settle for watching a YouTube video because after the skipped cutscene, because not even the Goblin Footprint would let me watch it again.

Will this part of the glitch be fixed as well?
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoisa View Post
    because not even the Goblin Footprint would let me watch it again.
    The Goblin Footprint doesn't work for a particular mission until you officially complete the mission, and for rank missions that involves going back to your home nation for the wrap-up and, in this case, officially getting rank 6.

If you go back to the Throne Room now you'll find that it works.
    (0)

Character
    Ipotane
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Nice catch! It's always the simplest thing that turns out to be such elusive logic errors.
    (1)

Character
    Silentsteel
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yay, I was wondering why I was missing story as I was flowing through CoP and RoZ, Glad this fix was found before I do ToAU and WotG
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I know it doesn't seem like a huge request but I would love to hear the devs explain how bugs get thru. If anything it gives off more of a willingness to communicate with folks and let them know that "Working addressing the issues" even after the bug is fixed.
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    This was an extremely simple cause once we realized it, but we weren't able to identify it for a while.
    LMAO!
    Why is it always something so mindnumbingly simple that messes up everything with computers? XD
    A mistag, a "1" instead of a "0", an exclusion of a data check, a typo for a "inconsequential" variable... etc.
    It's so easy to ruin programming.... kinda like DNA.
    So I get it, these things just kinda happen... no biggie ^^

Though I have to point out, that some CSs don't have gobbie replays.
    Like the "in battle" CS for the final Bastok WotG mission-quest. (if it does, I can't find where.)
    That skipped for me, and since it uses the mentioned "level cap" shenanigans, I'm assuming that I missed the CS for the same reason.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast