Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Make Umbral Marrow more available

Please make Vial Of Umbral Marrow drops accessible from something other than ADL.

I've been trying to find or build a party to farm ADL for 2+ years and have been unsuccessful. I've tried shouting in game, creating posts on various forums, and contacting people via guild sites. I even spent time watching the Dyna-Xarc zone to see when groups would enter and message them - but almost everyone has their own ADL static already, and don't need new players.

It's frustrating having two level 95 Relics that just get further and further behind - especially with the new Pluton stage.

I spent years farming Dynamis to make these lvl 95 weapons, and I don't think I can bear to go back in and grind hundreds of more runs just to get these to 99. I've already given up on the prospect of upgrading both my relics, and even focusing on one I'd be looking at a year of straight dynamis farming to get from 95 -> 119.

As disappointing the entire RME situation was, I re-sub in November thinking ilvl 119 relic might be something fun to work at. But right now, it took me roughly 2 months to acquire 20 plutons through Records of Eminence (averaging about 1 voucher a day with my play time), 0 marrows, and it's painfully slow and boring. Just farming the pluton via RoE for one of my relics will take about 28 more months. That still leaves marrows to obtain...

Please make the Umbral Marrows more accessible (more supply) now that that content is so far behind.
    (9)
    Last edited by Oakrest; 01-08-2014 at 03:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yup adl still hits like a freight train and that before he splits, after its many trains
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by dragmagi View Post
    Yup adl still hits like a freight train and that before he splits, after its many trains
    The irony, is that I feel like the best chance at farming ADL was pre-SoA when more people were around. A lot of my contacts either quit from frustration of how RME were handled and/or left for FFXIV. I just hate thinking the only way for me to farm Marrows or Plutons is to go back to the painfully Stockholm-like grind that is dynamis coin farming. I did that for like 4 years, is there seriously no other option for me to progress my character but more grinding of the same exact content? I know some of you are going to say farm SoA, but I have had even less response from the community when trying to do Soa Content such as Delve farming. It literally feels impossible to progress outside of more coin farming. I can't be alone, or?

The funny thing is that I'd be willing to farm dynamis coins for marrows or plutons - but not both. It just seems like such a hopeless boring grind for the next months, one I've already done for years that netted me two outdated 95 relics. Such disappointment is really hard for me to express.
    (3)

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Should add marrows to login Campaign, any new RoE vouchers, and rank four or five bonanza prizes.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Should add marrows to login Campaign, any new RoE vouchers, and rank four or five bonanza prizes.
    I think the first two suggestions are good, and are ideas I've had myself. However I was a bit concerned to start offering suggestions as SE seems adverse to those (generally doing the opposite of what the foums ask for) so I thought I'd just state the problem and throw my coin in the wishing well. I have little hope this relic upgrade experience will be improved.
    (0)

Player
    Reasonably, I wish they'd do something about marrows as well.... but... maybe just something as simple as no longer making ADL split... that way you still have to "earn" it, and it doesn't bunch everyone's undergarments.
    (3)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Farm gil and buy my marrows from (my) bazaars, price dropped a lot they are only 7M and used to be 25 millions when they came out. You need to realise that you cannot do everything in the game without gil. There are plenty of ways to farm gil for soloers.
    (6)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 01-08-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Honestly I am suprised they didn't make an alternate BC for Shadow Lord [S] simular to Odin II chamber. Were we could get slightly better versions of his gear or more parts for the set as well as Marrow. Or even add a way to get marrow from Diabolos v2 in Dynamis - Tavnazia since he's the final boss of the Nightmare Dynamis. If the four T2 nightmare versions of him are to easy then they could always add a ki to it. Then use it to summon a merged T3 Nightmare version of Diabolos or Perche or that other kid, or whoever is dreaming and filling it with nightmare feinds. Then they can add marrow drops like ADL, or even somthing more rare, that can be broken into several pieces (2~4) of marrow for those farming for afterglow.

Edit: On the side note of plutons.. take a small group of friends and farm easy T1 ~ T2 Delve nm's. Yes even the grass hopper can be low maned with 2 mnks, 1 thf, and 1 or 2 healers. Just keep one mnk on each side for max damage and let thf th with Sa or Ta to controll who has hate. That mob for example may take close to 20 min but you'll also get good odds with cases and other 119 items that can be sold. Infact any low group with Delve boss or RoE can easily take down the easier Delve pop nm's now. It just takes slightly longer than a full alliance in a fisure. You could spam wkr but Plu/Rif/Bet are not guaronteed in those.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kote; 01-08-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    Honestly I am suprised they didn't make an alternate BC for Shadow Lord [S] simular to Odin II chamber.
    From what I hear there is a Shadow Lord KI similar to the Ark Angel KIs we currently use, it just hasn't been released yet. I, and my source could be wrong however.
    (0)

No and no. Farm gil and buy them.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast