Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have to point out that "balance" is 50% actual objective balance (which, for example, RUN is supposed to be balanced against PLD such that they are equivalent... But they aren't.) and subjective balance (job A only plz).
    The subjective balance is based on human nature... And as we all know, humans are just pigs in clothing.
    So it will take time for humans to stop being stupid about things like pt setup... (Ala when RUN actually IS comparable and interchangeable with PLD... Do you honestly think it'll be less than a year before the masses accept it in PLD's stead?)

And to be quite honest... There is and always has been only ONE content in this entire game that actually had 100% job balance: VW
    That's it.
    Every other thing to do always favored some job over another and this made the subjective balance flare up.
    But VW?
    You always benefited from having at least 1 of anything... When shouts ask for SMN in endgame content with equal frequency as PLD or WHM or BRD... THAT is a balanced content.

But this by no means makes VW necessarily GOOD content. (I realize that 99.99999% of humanity can't distinguish between "you are stupid" and "what you just said is stupid/your idea is stupid"...)
    VW was an artificially prolonged content.
    Unlike, say, dynamis wherein you're only real deciding factor is real luck. (Getting relic A vs B which you wanted)
    VW extends it's life via having abysmal drops.
    Sure, it's possible to have ALL dynamis items... But it can take years to get them. And then there's always the upgrades to them... Which requires more dynamis.
    The ONLY thing that extended VW's life was the fact that drops were so bad and were good.
    Had VW had the droprate of Delve... VW would have been completed as quickly and as easily as Delve is. (Most ppl I know have either everything from Delve or everything they want from it.)
    (2)

Player
    Game balance in an MMO is somewhat subjective, yes, however some content, and games are far closer to a desired distribution than FFXI, and for the record, VW wasn't 100% balanced by any rate, the distribution caused several jobs to be left out because they had very few procs or you could cover them from subjob, Thf, Bst, Pld (If not supertanking adds), Rdm(Completely nonexistent once they removed the Merit Procs) and you to want 2-3 Blms/Wars because they could cover a lot of procs but yes, there was absolutely much less job imbalance in it, than what we have today, and I was not nearly as concerned with job balance at those times as I am now....

That's not to say that the game was better overall then, this content is overall much more enjoyable to me than those days, and I do enjoy seeing the effort they're putting into adapting things and things feel "fresher" than have for many many years.... but they still miss the mark on balance, a lot.
    (2)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    By your reasoning every DD with an RME was slapped in the face when Adoulin came out. You had a much longer wait before your dominance was challenged, so you really have nothing to complain about.

I think you're mistaking the word career for princess. No worries. It's a common mistake.

If skill is more important than gear then what the heck is your problem? It sounds like you just want to shut people out of your exclusive club or something.
    You're calling him a Princess? really?

you have sat on this forum with other lazies whining to daddy (s.e) about unbalance. Preaching about how a job you dont play and job content you clearly dont understand is flawed since the other kids wont play with you because you dont have the same drive or shines they do.

On the other hand, he has played the game, admired s.e content, enjoyed his time on his job and earned the right to his abilities. You cant ask more of a player or a customer.
    He get his stuff done and should be commended.

S.E will give you these instruments to shut you up since they probably figured they couldn't do anything else because of the system itself or time it would require to do.

the respectable players who can achieve in any endgame content will navigate through and come to their senses.

this new instrument wont matter because for these players, it will be either easy enough that all future career bards will eventually have it and shouts will change to "99 relic bards only"

or its too difficult to obtain and nothing will change. daurbs will still be easier to get.

any career bard or knowledgeable player knows +5 to songs like march mads and preludes are better than anything a 3rd song alone will give.

the working class player base will always be better than you, princess. this club you are mention is earned by hard work and dedication. Not given to lazies so if you want the fairness you seek, encourage people the play the content and make educated suggestions.
    (1)
    Last edited by Feary; 03-13-2014 at 09:46 PM.

I miss voidwatch if only because it was content where people actually wanted me to play on BLU. Now, ha ha ha... nothing.

[especially because the bar was not insurmountable - I just needed to have my spells, my skill capped and some MACC gear - and I could do my job - but now for current content people want you to be in the top 1% of players to participate... it is a real bummer]
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 03-14-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    You're calling him a Princess? really?

you have sat on this forum with other lazies whining to daddy (s.e) about unbalance. Preaching about how a job you dont play and job content you clearly dont understand is flawed since the other kids wont play with you because you dont have the same drive or shines they do.

On the other hand, he has played the game, admired s.e content, enjoyed his time on his job and earned the right to his abilities. You cant ask more of a player or a customer.
    He get his stuff done and should be commended.

S.E will give you these instruments to shut you up since they probably figured they couldn't do anything else because of the system itself or time it would require to do.

the respectable players who can achieve in any endgame content will navigate through and come to their senses.

this new instrument wont matter because for these players, it will be either easy enough that all future career bards will eventually have it and shouts will change to "99 relic bards only"

or its too difficult to obtain and nothing will change. daurbs will still be easier to get.

any career bard or knowledgeable player knows +5 to songs like march mads and preludes are better than anything a 3rd song alone will give.

the working class player base will always be better than you, princess. this club you are mention is earned by hard work and dedication. Not given to lazies so if you want the fairness you seek, encourage people the play the content and make educated suggestions.
    (8)

Character
    Melufa
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    the working class player base will always be better than you, princess.
    pffhffhahahhaha

this guy
    (6)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Post #83
    Apologies Feary but I'm having a hard time understanding the point you were trying to make. Your post seemed a little scattered. Could you summarise?
    (6)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    He has a lot of Empyrean weapons so we should probably take his opinion very seriously.

Addressing the comment that started this debate, any BRD with Carn and Ghorn should really have made Daurdabla 99 already. There's no excuse really. 99 your weapon if you want it to be taken seriously. The proposed instrument is only as good as the 90 version. The only way you should feel threatened is if they introduce something as good as the 99 version. Then you have permission to freak out.

They really have to do something about the situation because right now there are career BRDs with 4 songs and there are people who play it slightly less seriously and are only half as effective. Why not improve the situation so that anybody can be as good as BRDs were at level 90? If it makes you feel better, I'm sure that the new instrument will be too difficult to obtain for many players, and you'll still be able to properly look down upon them.
    (6)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Are there any plans to add instruments or a throwing weapon to the list of item level 117 RoE gear?
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    O think it is a smart move on SE to outdate 90 Ochains and instruments. I mean think about it, if your main job was brd or pld why should of you bought SOA? As a company SE wants to sell copies of the expansion, but there was nothing to offer a pld or brd. In addition they could just bought lvl 117 weapons on the AH. So to sell copies they should of had something to offer these two jobs long ago.

As a 119 R/E owner I did feel annoyed that I had to 119 my weapons but lvl 90 was ok for those two jobs.

Thank you SE.

Now just upgrade empy armor.
    (0)

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast