Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I never would have had one inkling of what your gear was if you hadn't posted it for anybody to see. Look, you have a Ghorn 99 and a Carn 119. You should have a Daurdabla 99 already, and it should have been done before the Mythic. That's all there is to it. You simply cannot call yourself a career BRD, then make a Carn before finishing Daurdabla to 99, and then complain when SE introduces an easy 3-song alternative. It's just not logical. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
    Where is it written that Daurdabla must be made to 99 before Carnwenhan is obtained? Do I not have the choice to go in the order I wish to? I said before that it'll get there but on MY terms. You saying that I should have done Daudabla before Carnwenhan and that I'm not a career brd is your opinion and your right to say so. But I've played brd some 9 years so I consider myself a career brd. The order of which that I complete items is my business and no one else.

As for quitting, it's unlikely that that would happen. Dynamis wise I've helped I believe at least 10 others since I've finished Gjallarhorn to complete relics. I go to team dyna runs just to help out, I solo dynamis and just give away all my currency to those that are working on it in my ls. But again that is MY choice, and others should respect my choice. Your welcome to disagree with the opinion but you should respect my choice in the matter since there is nothing written in stone telling you that you MUST do it this way.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    If that was the case to give BRD a chance of finally moving away from it, why are people charging so much for the Cehuetzi Pelt. Yes I understand supply and demand but if others want more 3 song brds and they lack the gil to buy them at the high cost, the same result happens, lack of 3 song brds. Whenever I get one, I plan to just give them away to brds I know that arn't 3 song.
    SE's trying to give BRD another option, just because it's SE's intention to some workaround it doesn't mean players will exactly follow suit in all ways. The price is set by players, the items set by SE, and while they did knowingly add an expensive item to the requirements it's likely because of the very thing happening here, complaints. They made a 3 song harp and even though it's not too easy it's still being complained about. If they made it easier than this, it would only make things all the more inflammatory in the end, but this way there's an alternative we can get without it being too hard.

When you back up and look at the whole picture the whole RME lineup went through the same thing BRD now is, but it happened about a year ago, back when Delve first came into existence. Even now days RMEs only barely edge out their competition for many weapons, and that's if they win at all. Over this last year only 2 jobs have remained RME dependant, those jobs are BRD, and PLD. This served to aid those jobs in getting away from that paradigm and it worked fairly well to a large extent as the Shield is quite good so far as it seems to me, and the Harp fulfills a basic need of the current game without stepping on the toes of those who are truly dedicated to the job.

As for anything to do with your having Mythic rather than Empyrean 99, it's not a matter of what you have or saying you're not a career BRD but to me it's a serious show of a lack of judgement when by comparing the two you can easily tell that the Empyrean is miles ahead in the utility it provides your job in the end. An extra song vs the duration isn't even a question of which is more useful to the job and yet, you took the duration. The reason it was said you're not a career BRD is likely for this fact, the thought that a career BRD would make such a choice especially in light of how much better a 4th song is, is sort of sad.

To equate it to another job of a similar situation it would be similar to a PLD making a Burtgang before an Aegi. Anyone who does that for PLD would be ridiculed intensely because Aegis is so much more important and so powerful that it's foolish to make something so much weaker, even if powerful all the same, before it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Demonjustin; 04-11-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    As for anything to do with your having Mythic rather than Empyrean 99, it's not a matter of what you have or saying you're not a career BRD but to me it's a serious show of a lack of judgement when by comparing the two you can easily tell that the Empyrean is miles ahead in the utility it provides your job in the end. An extra song vs the duration isn't even a question of which is more useful to the job and yet, you took the duration. The reason it was said you're not a career BRD is likely for this fact, the thought that a career BRD would make such a choice especially in light of how much better a 4th song is, is sort of sad.
    The choice of Carnwenhan before Daurdabla was more a time/manpower concern. I found it more time efficient. I was able to do salvage low man, 3-4 people vs having to get majority of procs for VW which requires more since lights are wanted for drops to help increase the chances of HMP/Cinders.

Of course I know that 1 more song would help more than duration BUT when it comes down to time/efficienty Salvage came out greater than Voidwatch. I try to not just buy my way to completion, I like to do the events for the actual items. That is why on my terms, IF I wanted to I could probably buy my way to 99, but I don't.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 04-11-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Player
    In that respect I most definitely agree with you.
    (0)

Can anyone recommend easiest micro orb fight to complete on difficult and some strategies (that don't require decked out PLD) to do it?

I was thinking worms turn with a three song brd (2X stone resist song, 1 ballad) and a WHM with proper barspell ability and maybe GEO, SCH, BLM, BLM?

Is there a reason straight up manaburn wouldn't work? Draw in maybe?

Also can the worms be slept at all by a competent bard or a good blu?
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 04-18-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am an old player my first update was ToU ive burned no jobs ive been to few aby parties one delve the gear i do have ive worked hard at getting it atm i use spark gear because if the stats RDM in the start was next to PLD in power now we cant get parties because we have been refresh/buff jobs RDM Maat fight was made diffucult because they took the melee away from RDM but left in that fight.. ive been solo sence the nurph i donot carry a staff as alot of others do...my merits are damage related not enfeebled if id wanted to play BRD mt BRD would be higher...those that burn their jobs then spend weeks casting protect on themselves should go back to WoW or which ever game they came from...if i wanted to do"end game" it would have been done already i was and still am an adventurer i walk the world killing if i can surving if i can i rely on 11 years of being the best RDM from the old order
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've not tried "The Worm's Turn", but I've done Tails of Woe and was able to zzz them all on Difficult mode. I warn you though that since I have Carnwenhan 119 and Gjallarhorn 99, this might not be doable by brd without enough magic accuracy.
    (1)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13