Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I'm not exactly sure I would call it laziness. At 1500 plates even at a 18 person party and a 33%~ish drop rate on singles as we have now you are looking at roughly 500 fights average. Going by pouch mobs it would be something more like a 5% drop with an average of 10 plates inside puts you at an average of roughly 170 fights. This is all assuming 18 player parties as well, if you are talking about 6-maning these fights then your looking at triple the rates, so 500~1500 fights.

As I said, I do not think laziness is exactly what I would call it, in a day and age when people did VW a lot and most people did not need plates, these trials still sucked, but they were more realistic because there was at very least some amount of supply, but today, when no one does VW really and the plate supply is near non-existent? 1500 plates is ludicrous.

I think its a joke a lvl 90 ochain pld is best shield in game. Most pkds dont upgrade it and no shield has outclassed it ilvl.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    Looking at the ffxiah site for your server, theres over 100 plates in bazaars right now.

On my server casually checking bazaars I can find 50-100 plates a day for my friend 119'ing his caladbolg.

Yes its expensive to 119 an empyrean, so are mythics, don't cry about the price, then contradict yourself again and say relic/aa/mythic are better anyways and empy is pointless, then say gil is irrelevant and say theres no plates for sale when there are some regulary up for sale. So much contradiction going on there.

People that want to finish a 119 empy that needs plates are getting them done because they make their own vw shouts and offer to buy plates/pouches on the spot. People complaining are not trying hard enough and not paying enough - thats all there is to it.

I usually avoid posting on the official forums, but i'm rather tired of people crying about the work and cost involved building and upgrading an RME and wanting it to be made more easymode. People suddenly want all of the prestige of owning a 119 RME without doing any of the work and would probably endlessly grind mandies in ceizak for an RME if they could.
    I don't even know how to respond to this jibberish. Yes people are making them, that doesn't make it a good idea. I don't get how I'm contradicting myself when I point out that among all the 119 weapons, the empyrians are both the crappiest, AND the most expensive and difficult to get. When mythics end up cheaper than empyrians, there's a bit of an issue. Especially when the issue isn't difficult content that people aren't able to do because they suck, but old outdated content no one wants to do because it's pointless.

For instance, why would your friend waste his time making a 119 Caladbolg, when he could have got a 119 Ragnarok, and a 119 Apocalypse, both superior weapons, for the same price? Or make any at all when he can do potentially 1 ark angel fight and get a Tunglmyrkvi that is still far better than the caladbolg? Or go to the AH and buy a Senbaak Nagan for 3 million which is about equal? What is the point of the cheapier, easier, crappier alternative to relics, when they've become the more difficult, more expensive, crappier alternative to relics?
    (1)
    Last edited by Louispv; 01-15-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    What is the point of the cheaper, easier, crappier alternative to relics, when they've become the more difficult, more expensive, crappier alternative to relics?
    There have to be objectives for stupid people too dood. Why do you think they're always coming out with new shinies that are usually not really shiny at all...

If everyone always had the best stuff and weren't making 119 Caladbolgs and Gungnirs, who would we make fun of?
    (1)
    Last edited by Karah; 01-15-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    I don't even know how to respond to this jibberish. Yes people are making them, that doesn't make it a good idea. I don't get how I'm contradicting myself when I point out that among all the 119 weapons, the empyrians are both the crappiest, AND the most expensive and difficult to get. When mythics end up cheaper than empyrians, there's a bit of an issue. Especially when the issue isn't difficult content that people aren't able to do because they suck, but old outdated content no one wants to do because it's pointless.

For instance, why would your friend waste his time making a 119 Caladbolg, when he could have got a 119 Ragnarok, and a 119 Apocalypse, both superior weapons, for the same price? Or make any at all when he can do potentially 1 ark angel fight and get a Tunglmyrkvi that is still far better than the caladbolg? Or go to the AH and buy a Senbaak Nagan for 3 million which is about equal? What is the point of the cheapier, easier, crappier alternative to relics, when they've become the more difficult, more expensive, crappier alternative to relics?
    While I agree their is little insensitive to go from 90 to 119 on many weapons, I would disagree that people who do comete it are stupid or dumb.

Many people complete emoy ar mythic weapons to 119 for love of there job or personal satasification.

I do feel empys should be buffed somehow. Maybe 20% more potency for club, staff or something. Or even add occult to aftermath for tp gain. I don't know. But many people can unlock empy and do mire dmg with the ws on relic mythric or even aa weapons. And many more weapons will come.
    (1)

Character
    Griblit
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think the important thing that needs to happen at this point, is to take all the different kinds of gear we've worked for over the years, and reforge it all so its all iLVL 119, to be equal with each other.

That way people can keep busy reforging, and mixing and matching stuff. Then we can wear our favorite gear, and it will all be on par. Of course minor differences here and there will be necessary, like macroing in for augments and different situations, etc...

Reforge all this!

1. AF
    2. Relic
    3. Empy
    4. Salvage
    5. Abjurations
    6. Sky stuff
    7. Limbus
    8. Nyzul Isle
    9. Assault
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Griblit View Post
    Reforge all this!

4. Salvage
    <Yes, please>
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    First, the equipment we are currently planning to make upgradeable is the reward equipment from Rala Waterways, Cirdas Cavern, and Yorcia Weald skirmishes. You’ll be able to perform the final upgrade to item level 119 with the new skirmishes that are to be added.

Besides these items, we do not have any plans to upgrade other equipment with item levels. Also, we’ll be introducing brand-new rewards in the skirmishes to be added after the next round.
    In regards to upgrading gear from Skirmish. Can we please have the new skirmish gear be upgradeable in a similar system to delve? And the same for all other content going forward that will be augmented? Random augmenting is a horrible system and it doesn't prolong the life of your content. You get players who are willing to spend millions of gil on the upgrade items and ones like myself who will try a few times and give up because I know in a month or two. It'll be worthless so why do it.

With upgradeable paths for different stats you still prolong content because you give a very obtainable goal through hard work. And if you make the paths different and vary enough, you can make it so players are encouraged to make multiples of one item. Static progression is much more enjoyable than random progression, especially in this age of vertical progression in gear. Let us enjoy the gear at max for awhile, instead of the unlucky and impoverished finally getting max augments only to find it's about to get upgraded and wiped out.
    (1)

Greetings,

Below is a follow-up comment from Akihiko Matsui in regards to adjustments related to items and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Please stop basing all of the adjustments around Ochain
    Matsui here.

When creating content, the development team play tests over and over for adjustment purposes, but they actually do not use Ochain, Daurdabla, or other similar equipment.

We adjust content so that even without RME weapons you are able to clear it as long as you have equipment with a high enough item level. This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)

With that said though, the people who are recruiting for parties may feel the responsibility of “we can’t lose!” and are searching for a safer party setup.

While this is a difficult issue, we would like to make it so you can all play more easily by working on things from various angles.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,
    Below is a follow-up comment from Akihiko Matsui in regards to adjustments related to items and content.

When creating content, the development team play tests over and over for adjustment purposes, but they actually do not use Ochain, Daurdabla, or other similar equipment.
    I would love nothing more than to watch Matsui and his party attempt Very Difficult AA's (ESPECIALLY if he were to tank it using RUN)...
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The problem I see is that the Emp/Relic instruments and shields are seemingly sacred cows that can never be allowed to be surpassed or even equaled, while most every other piece of equipment that I can think of has a viable alternative. I get that the devs painted themselves into a corner by making the instruments and shields so overpowered, but it seems like it's the players who are paying the price for it. What's even more a slap in the face is that at first it looked like Killedar would be made into a rival for Ochain, but the proposed stats were dialed back for whatever reason. I just don't get it.
    (1)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast