Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    lol "easy to get" - as I said earlier - this harp will only be easy to get for the people that need it the least (AKA those people who already have all wins etc). Folks like me, who would like to help bard up the world, are completely locked out. I have 0 delve wins and, being in a small social shell and having limited playtime, I will be like that for awhile. Should have been something that folks not already finished with current endgame could get so you know, we could actually DO current endgame. Fail SE, fail.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    It won't be easy to obtain huh. I don't think SE understand the meaning of "It won't be so easy to obtain"
    That or you don't, it's not like this is super easy for your average player...

All you need to get it is 1 delve win from original 3, 1 win from the new 3, a win from difficult or very difficult SCKNM, Cehuetzi Pelt, Ebony Harp, Shofar, and 150 of Beititsu, Pluton, or Riftborn Boulder.
    Ok, so lets assume you have a win already from an original Delve or from AAs, that leaves the Pelt, Harp, Shofar, and 150 items. Now, everything below is Phoenix prices.

Ebony Harp - 80~100k
    Shofar - 250~300k
    Cehuetzi Pelt - 7~7.8M
    150 P/B/B - 10k or so each.

Add this all up, you get roughly 9M. I don't know about you but to me that seems like a lot of gil for a player without the ability to get into Delve or other pieces of high end content due to lack of a harp with the proper amount of songs able to be cast with it.

Some have already gotten the new harp in hours of update completion. How is this hard to get?
    Some people had New Delve wins within a day of release too, doesn't mean it was easy by any means, only that it's easy for those with the resources to obtain it...
    (1)
    Last edited by Demonjustin; 04-09-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Uh these weapons are ridiculously easy to make. Even if you don't want to touch Delve at all, you can fulfill the quest prerequisites by completing a macrocosmic/microcosmic BCNM on difficult or by completing an Ark Angel fight on normal difficulty. That's it. Everything else can be bought. I think the estimate above of 9m is reasonable, and any player should be able to come up with this amount. Any player! Seriously guys, you can't complain about this one being too hard.
    (1)

Player
    Too hard? No, I wouldn't dare, but to complain it's too easy would be equally as unreasonable to me.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Too hard? No, I wouldn't dare, but to complain it's too easy would be equally as unreasonable to me.
    That guy is just salty cause he doesn't have a 99 harp.

The difficulty and cost of this new harp is just right, although if my only two choices were too easy versus too hard I'd lean toward easy.
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    lol "easy to get" - as I said earlier - this harp will only be easy to get for the people that need it the least (AKA those people who already have all wins etc). Folks like me, who would like to help bard up the world, are completely locked out. I have 0 delve wins and, being in a small social shell and having limited playtime, I will be like that for awhile. Should have been something that folks not already finished with current endgame could get so you know, we could actually DO current endgame. Fail SE, fail.
    Getting 1 win from 1st tier of delve or 1 win from 2nd tier of delve or 1 win from SCKNM on normal or very hard is hard? SE already gimped delve to be 6 manable with the HP reduction of NMs dependant on how many people enter. Unless this is the first year you've played you should have made a few friends by now that you could team up with to 6 man delves or 6 man SKCNM on normal.

With limited playtime(ie only able to play 3-4) days a week, I was able to gather all the alex to finish my mythic farming salvage. Though it took me 4 years to get all the alex having it, I consider it well worth the time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Ok, so lets assume you have a win already from an original Delve or from AAs, that leaves the Pelt, Harp, Shofar, and 150 items. Now, everything below is Phoenix prices.

Ebony Harp - 80~100k
    Shofar - 250~300k
    Cehuetzi Pelt - 7~7.8M
    150 P/B/B - 10k or so each.

Add this all up, you get roughly 9M. I don't know about you but to me that seems like a lot of gil for a player without the ability to get into Delve or other pieces of high end content due to lack of a harp with the proper amount of songs able to be cast with it.
    As for the synthesis why not gather materials and contact people witht he required synthesis levels. Usually if you gather materials the synth price becomes much cheaper than the result. Yes you do have to risk the chance of failing the synth and the time it takes to gather the materials. But if you lack gil this is a viable alternative. Or you could farm items, sell and build the gil up to buy the result. There are many ways to the solution, it all depends on what you can do and what you are willing to do.

As for pluton/riftborn/beititsu. Records of Eminence has been out since Dec 11, 2013. IF you have done the limited time trials only once per day since that has been out you would have 119 vouchers as of April 8th. Limited time trials only take at most 30 min to complete(this was the seal one but now faster as all seals are counted) 119 vouchers is 59 of the relic reforge items. Over 1/3 the amount of the 150 requirement.

If it doesn't take time, it takes gil. This has always been the case. You either spend alot of time(FFXI is a game about the long term) or spend high amounts of gil to bypass the time requirement. Everything in the game can be accomplished with time.

You don't have to spend gil to get what you want, you can spend time. Keep trying, lead the runs and learn the strategies. Ask friends for help, this is a MMORPG that requires teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    That guy is just salty cause he doesn't have a 99 harp.
    As for my progress to 99 Daurdabla. As I tell others, why are you so concerned about MY gear. I'll get to 99 eventually but at my pace and my terms. If your so concerned about MY gear you should give me HMP and cinders. I choose not to rush because I've known so may people who back in the 75 days finished relic, used it for a month or so then quit the game because they had nothing left to accomplish. I doubt I'd quit but it has occurred to me that once I finish 99 Daurdabla, there really isn't anything left for me to do as brd. So what would be my motivation as brd.

Many things are way easier now. Back in '07-'09 when I was doing Gjallarhorn there still was dynamis hourglass cost. Dynamis still required alot of manpower to farm efficiently. Currency was 10k-12k each. If you want something work for it, make gil, get wins. Keep trying you may fail alot, treat each loss as a learning experience and build upon it. But above all keep trying. The journey is what counts and when you do get the wins, they will be that much more satisfying.
    (2)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 04-09-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    As for my progress to 99 Daurdabla. As I tell others, why are you so concerned about MY gear. I'll get to 99 eventually but at my pace and my terms. If your so concerned about MY gear you should give me HMP and cinders. I choose not to rush because I've known so may people who back in the 75 days finished relic, used it for a month or so then quit the game because they had nothing left to accomplish. I doubt I'd quit but it has occurred to me that once I finish 99 Daurdabla, there really isn't anything left for me to do as brd. So what would be my motivation as brd.

Many things are way easier now. Back in '07-'09 when I was doing Gjallarhorn there still was dynamis hourglass cost. Dynamis still required alot of manpower to farm efficiently. Currency was 10k-12k each. If you want something work for it, make gil, get wins. Keep trying you may fail alot, treat each loss as a learning experience and build upon it. But above all keep trying. The journey is what counts and when you do get the wins, they will be that much more satisfying.
    I never would have had one inkling of what your gear was if you hadn't posted it for anybody to see. Look, you have a Ghorn 99 and a Carn 119. You should have a Daurdabla 99 already, and it should have been done before the Mythic. That's all there is to it. You simply cannot call yourself a career BRD, then make a Carn before finishing Daurdabla to 99, and then complain when SE introduces an easy 3-song alternative. It's just not logical. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Also, just because you complete your BRD goals doesn't mean the game is over and you've won. Maybe you strive for perfect gear. Maybe you work on another job. Maybe you... cap job points? Someone I knew sponsored our LS dynamis for a year, finished his Yoichi, and then quit within a couple weeks. Don't be that guy, it's a slap in the face for whoever helped you.

As for your other point, I'm pretty much in agreement. The harp is pretty straightforward to make, and anybody can do it. Although unlike you, I think it should be that way. It means that I can make a harp on my mule. It means that others in my linkshell who are not RME BRDs can still play the job competently and I might get to come on something different. The reasonable baseline for the job just got a little higher and that's good for the playerbase as a whole.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    All you ever do on these forums is complain complain complain. For someone who constantly moans about his playtime being limited, you should be spending less time on this forum complaining and more time actually playing....
    (3)

Player
    Getting 1 win from 1st tier of delve or 1 win from 2nd tier of delve or 1 win from SCKNM on normal or very hard is hard? SE already gimped delve to be 6 manable with the HP reduction of NMs dependant on how many people enter. Unless this is the first year you've played you should have made a few friends by now that you could team up with to 6 man delves or 6 man SKCNM on normal.

With limited playtime(ie only able to play 3-4) days a week, I was able to gather all the alex to finish my mythic farming salvage. Though it took me 4 years to get all the alex having it, I consider it well worth the time spent.
    It's a Normal AA or a SKCNM on Very Hard, not a SKCNM on Normal. As for Delve, the fact they made it 6-man able made it harder to get wins, not easier, because anyone who doesn't have 119 weapons and the specific gear people want don't get in. No Oats? Nope, not allowed. No March+4? Nope, go away. It's not like that made it easier, if anything it restricted the content even more and strengthened an issue people were trying to escape.

As for the synthesis why not gather materials and contact people witht he required synthesis levels. Usually if you gather materials the synth price becomes much cheaper than the result. Yes you do have to risk the chance of failing the synth and the time it takes to gather the materials. But if you lack gil this is a viable alternative. Or you could farm items, sell and build the gil up to buy the result. There are many ways to the solution, it all depends on what you can do and what you are willing to do.

As for pluton/riftborn/beititsu. Records of Eminence has been out since Dec 11, 2013. IF you have done the limited time trials only once per day since that has been out you would have 119 vouchers as of April 8th. Limited time trials only take at most 30 min to complete(this was the seal one but now faster as all seals are counted) 119 vouchers is 59 of the relic reforge items. Over 1/3 the amount of the 150 requirement.

If it doesn't take time, it takes gil. This has always been the case. You either spend alot of time(FFXI is a game about the long term) or spend high amounts of gil to bypass the time requirement. Everything in the game can be accomplished with time.

You don't have to spend gil to get what you want, you can spend time. Keep trying, lead the runs and learn the strategies. Ask friends for help, this is a MMORPG that requires teamwork.
    None of this at all reduces the cost for the pelt which is the overwhelming majority of the cost for the overall item either.

Many things are way easier now. Back in '07-'09 when I was doing Gjallarhorn there still was dynamis hourglass cost. Dynamis still required alot of manpower to farm efficiently. Currency was 10k-12k each. If you want something work for it, make gil, get wins. Keep trying you may fail alot, treat each loss as a learning experience and build upon it. But above all keep trying.
    Your gear matters because it seems to be the one and only reason you continue to complain about a 3 song harp existing outside of Empyrean that isn't exactly as hard as you want it to be.

The journey is what counts and when you do get the wins, they will be that much more satisfying.
    The journey of making a Relic and/or Empyrean just to play a job has never been satisfying, it's always been stupid, thankfully we moved past a time when that was required for all jobs yet for some reason you seem to be against the update that actually gives BRD more of a chance of moving away from it finally too.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    All you ever do on these forums is complain complain complain. For someone who constantly moans about his playtime being limited, you should be spending less time on this forum complaining and more time actually playing....
    a) I've made tons of constructive suggestions. Go check the trust forum for my suggestion on turning pankraton monsters into trusts. Or go check the ROE section for my suggestion on how to make missions easier to complete without leaving the game and having to read a wiki. You're complaining about my suggestions/concerns - which, frankly, adds nothing to any discussion.

b) I post when I am on lunch/coffee breaks at work, when I can't play XI. So thanks for the suggestion but it cannot be implemented.

c) I'm frustrated because I want to play BRD and with the way things currently are, I might as well not even have it leveled.

d) I'm a woman, thanks.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast