Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Player
    I didn't even start talking about any of that...

...just... nevermind... go away
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am sorry but if you dont have 1 friend left to help you quickly on such a mission, I dont see the point on why you are playing an MMO in the first place Oo. I also dont see why you didnt build up some connections with EU players or Eu Linkshells if you play in their timezone (gratned EU players are fewer then NA or JP)

The other solution would be to have a mule
    I play cause love the game (I've played eq ,wow, ffxiv) and the amount of time I've put into this game. Made a lot of friends Na EU but they have long gone on to other things.(mind you they're internet friends and most didn't have a face to associate with their name so connections are lost over time).Mule please... I have never and will never support SE's shitty policy to have an alt character. They should have been free from the start on the same server as your main with a cap of 2 or pay to have it on a separate server. A mule wouldn't work cause you cant be logged into both at the same time to turn both keys. Dualboxing this game is not worth the 28$ a month for me.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cthullhu420 View Post
    I play cause love the game (I've played eq ,wow, ffxiv) and the amount of time I've put into this game. Made a lot of friends Na EU but they have long gone on to other things.(mind you they're internet friends and most didn't have a face to associate with their name so connections are lost over time).Mule please... I have never and will never support SE's shitty policy to have an alt character. They should have been free from the start on the same server as your main with a cap of 2 or pay to have it on a separate server. A mule wouldn't work cause you cant be logged into both at the same time to turn both keys. Dualboxing this game is not worth the 28$ a month for me.
    Make more friends. People come and people go in MMO, just make more when old friends are gone.

I have tons of inactive players on my friendlist, but I also delete old one and add new names every once a while. That's the only way to get shit done without having a mule.
    (0)

Character
    Fatts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I must admit I didn't read all of the thread, in fact I could only read a little before I could feel a strong urge to comment here.

Parts of the FFXI community is like poison to new players, or people with different opinions/experience. This is quite evident in this thread.

A lot of you sound like grumpy old men, bitterly repeating the glorious old days where you've done some incredible hard work, now preaching the kids to "suck it up", "back in my days.. we shouted for parties all night long for just one mission, only to see it fail once more"

"They should've FORCED people to have the +1 gear already" - Why? Do you know this is just a game? I feel so much bitterness behind words like this, and in some of the people of this community.

This type of bitterness and other negative attitudes are unfortunately not so uncommon. So much that it put me off from playing several times in the past. Luckily though, there are also great people here. Kind, helpful, understanding, welcoming people - not boiling with anger inside, hating every fresh opinion and people in general, and solely living in Vana'diel.

The game is not hard. You can accomplish anything in XI if you simply play enough (if you have enough time). Some of us don't, but still enjoy the game nevertheless, and we should be allowed to. This also makes you no superior than anyone else in this game, including newbies. Although I'm aware a lot of people derive their sense of self-worth from their status in this game. The good news is that your worth isn't based on the state of your gear.

I don't post much on the forums but I wanted to state my *opinion* here, if only to give support for new players or people like me - to state that we exist here in XI community too.

Putting my flame shield on, but I suggest that you don't waste time flaming anyone. Your time is better spent elsewhere and you know that.
    (5)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Franky they have removed so much of the grind already that leveling in ff11 is the fastest of all the MMOs out there and reforge gear is hardly the be all end all gear only slightly better then then other gear with a lower item level, even that depends on what slot and what action. One of the biggest complaints recently was people were running out of things to do so the devs made it this way so new and old(people that never bothered) players would have more to do. While a part of me feels they should have made +1 a requirement the rest of me is overjoyed they didn't, while the items to +1 were given away in the login campaign the coins were not. So the few limbus zones would have been a nightmare to get into and prices would have been far to much. We were going to get a road block one way or the other either it was going to be more item grinding for everyone or finishing a story line for those that haven't done it yet.

Really the only thing that makes 11 different from gear grinders is story(thanks to 14 can't even say "Final Fantasy" anymore). As far as just gear grinding there are tons of other games with better graphics, controls, UIs and free out there that just do that better.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    I must admit I didn't read all of the thread, in fact I could only read a little before I could feel a strong urge to comment here.

Parts of the FFXI community is like poison to new players, or people with different opinions/experience. This is quite evident in this thread.

A lot of you sound like grumpy old men, bitterly repeating the glorious old days where you've done some incredible hard work, now preaching the kids to "suck it up", "back in my days.. we shouted for parties all night long for just one mission, only to see it fail once more"

"They should've FORCED people to have the +1 gear already" - Why? Do you know this is just a game? I feel so much bitterness behind words like this, and in some of the people of this community.

This type of bitterness and other negative attitudes are unfortunately not so uncommon. So much that it put me off from playing several times in the past. Luckily though, there are also great people here. Kind, helpful, understanding, welcoming people - not boiling with anger inside, hating every fresh opinion and people in general, and solely living in Vana'diel.

The game is not hard. You can accomplish anything in XI if you simply play enough (if you have enough time). Some of us don't, but still enjoy the game nevertheless, and we should be allowed to. .
    Thanks. This is seriously how I feel.

And Ravenmore - I am *not* running out of things to do, and neither is anyone else who isn't done these missions. Never have I ever complained about "not having enough to do" - the people who do, by and large, are done these missions. Making people like me solo them instead of playing with my friends doesn't make the game better, it makes it worse.

Example: last night I helped my friends/LS mates get some voidwatch clears so they could unlock empy weapon skills. Yeah - they had to do something to unlock their WS - AND no, that isn't evidence that everyone should have to do totally unrelated content from 8 years ago to get today's armor.

Point is, I don't mind some small gating, especially when that gating is battle content. The problem with the missions is 95% of it is cut scenes. I'd rather help my friends get voidwatch clears than walk back and forth between NPCs. The game making me decide whether to bore myself to tears walking between cut scenes or miss out on a set of armor entirely... well that sucks.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Again it is those CS that FF11 has left that sets it apart from every other cheap gear grinder and current reforge gear is not that great or must have now. Most of it is ok to good but not much of it is worth rushing out to get as well as nothing is stopping you from doing the current battle content to get the seals and doing it a little at a time. then unlike other battle content they even built in a way for when the rush has past to still collect the items needed to reforge your gear so again there is 0 rush.

Those fights are also NOT new and from the ZM/CoP era of the game just rehashed to increase the difficulty which at normal is about as hard as they were at 75. Take away the story and you're left with a outdated version of 14 since everything recently we have gotten has either been reused fights or straight copy of 14 systems. New skirmish gear is coming along with other new gear like reforged relic that will most likely be as good if not better except for a couple of macro pieces.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Again it is those CS that FF11 has left that sets it apart from every other cheap gear grinder and current reforge gear is not that great or must have now...
    I want to reforge my armor not because it's the best but because I want to look like a BST again. See my signature. I want to wear that shirt again.

Also, everyone likes different things. I'm not asking SE to remove the cutscenes from the game, I'm asking to not be forced to watch them in order to do completely unrelated content that I would like to have access to. Sometimes (rarely) I am in the mood for doing some storyline, but that's very rare. Last night for example, was actually going to work on it, but then friends in the LS needed some help with an NM. Why is it so hard to understand that I would rather spend my time playing with other people than running between cut scenes? Why would the developers want people to have to NOT PLAY WITH THEIR FRIENDS if they want to access current content - it is insane.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Because CoP is sooo CS heavy vs some other expansions though I will admit the go see Ulma and come back bits are eye rollers. Though it's not ToA where whole missions were just one quick CS followed by that damn jp midnight bs followed by go past stuff that will still agro a lv 99 to win a bcnm. With reforging of relic coming up are you going to complain that they are probably going to force people to do dynamis?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Because CoP is sooo CS heavy vs some other expansions though I will admit the go see Ulma and come back bits are eye rollers. Though it's not ToA where whole missions were just one quick CS followed by that damn jp midnight bs followed by go past stuff that will still agro a lv 99 to win a bcnm. With reforging of relic coming up are you going to complain that they are probably going to force people to do dynamis?
    Dynamis is battle content. It's different. Also - maybe you have not done COP in a long time but 95% of it is cut scenes.

I have zero problem with needing to do battle content to get gear. I do have a problem with requiring SIGNIFICANT storyline progress to do battle content. Requiring stuff that takes an hour to do (like getting to mission 3 in conquest or whatever) is fine... requiring a full month of my playtime be spent soloing so I can utilize the rewards of battle content I currently have access to is moronic.

If I want a reward from doing the COP questline I should have to do COP 0- as it is the mission reward. If I want reforged relic, I should only have to do the battle content and the SPECIFIC QUESTS to get the base pieces. I'm not asking to have anything handed to me, I'm asking to not be roadblocked by something that is completely unrelated to the battle content/gear at issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 02-01-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast