Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Silentsteel
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    but other people need to use AF+1 as they have upgraded it, thus why it's linked, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Novabane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    AF+1 is not part of the reforging process if you use normal AF...
    While this may be true, if you read what the NPC asks for as part of the reforging process, it is the +1 piece along with the 2 mats and the 5 rem's pages. Or you can use the nq AF gear and more rem's as an alternative. So it would appear by that dialog that SE intended for players to attempt to complete the CoP storyline. And I'm not saying this was a right or wrong decision, but it is a decision that SE made that we have to live with for now. I'm sure in some future update, if this issue gets some run, then we will see change.
    (0)

Player
    Well see the reason I keep saying I don't care about +1 is because that NPC can stay how it is & I have no problems with it, if that NPC stays how it is, it has nothing to do with RF, and it would force people who want to +1 it first to do CoP, but those who want RF can pay the higher price all the same and walk away with their gear if they want. Thats what I have been trying to get at.
    (1)

Character
    Silentsteel
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yeah, that makes sense and would be nice if they had done that. We just don't know how they've tied everything together coding wise, maybe it would have been a while before they could have implemented it like that, idk.
    (0)

Character
    Novabane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I can see SE adding a "blackmarket" NPC to the RF some time. It will probably cost something like 100k gil + all the items to upgrade the RF to 109 or something to that note. Since it would seem SE wants people to do the content, there will be a penalty, in the form of gil, to bypass what they have intended for the players to do. And I can't say I would disagree with a decision like that. This would give the player a choice of whether to skip past the story at the cost of gil, or buckle down and push thru it. Ala airship quest or gaining access to Adoulin.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Well see the reason I keep saying I don't care about +1 is because that NPC can stay how it is & I have no problems with it, if that NPC stays how it is, it has nothing to do with RF, and it would force people who want to +1 it first to do CoP, but those who want RF can pay the higher price all the same and walk away with their gear if they want. Thats what I have been trying to get at.
    If you haven't completed the story for the game you're playing you don't deserve (ANY) rewards from it.

Like I said on page one, be thankful you aren't FORCED to obtain the +1 set before reforging at all.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yay the op found out what was wrong. Should there have been something in the quest that said you needed sea? Sure but then this is XI not XIV where they pretty much hold your hand in every quest to the point your map is even marked. You don't need 119 af right now go get skirmish gear or other just as easy to obtain gear. Right now the only reason I see why we even have 119 af is because of the Q.Qing about geo and run base af is already up there. To me you're worse than the people in XIV who are constantly Q.Qing about not having things to do because they've rushed to the end again.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    If you haven't completed the story for the game you're playing you don't deserve (ANY) rewards from it.

Like I said on page one, be thankful you aren't FORCED to obtain the +1 set before reforging at all.
    Firstly, RF is not a reward from CoP, and as I have repeatedly said, there are no connections between CoP & RF except for the ability to upgrade from +1 to RF if you choose, but its an optional path, which you can avoid by simply upgrading your regular AF, so in that respect its not a reward from a story which you have not completed.

Secondly, I really don't care about your opinion much anymore Karah, you make such poor arguments for everything, like this one, being thankful they didn't do something even worse does not make what they did better, thats one of the weakest arguments anyone can ever use, almost as bad as the slippery slope 'why not just send it to your delivery box' argument people use. The problem with arguments like that is anything can be made to look good, like 'be thankful the repop on ToAU kings isn't 3 months' or 'be thankful Empyreans do not require 15000 plates rather than 1500' just because it could be worse doesn't mean that what we have is good nor that we should just accept it for what it is and never complain. Yes, we did not have to upgrade to +1, yay, but in all honesty I'll say if we did, at very least this requirement of Sea access would make more sense, instead, it makes no sense, and is seemingly a pointless restriction placed with no real need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Right now the only reason I see why we even have 119 af is because of the Q.Qing about geo and run base af is already up there.
    Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I believe since before the release of RUN & GEO AF they had stated they had intentions to implement upgraded versions of previous AF gear, which would mean it was not due to our complaints, it was planned from the start.

People complained because they found it stupid, and many still do, that the two newest jobs get no AF at 40/52~60 when every other job does, and rather, SE simply implemented them at a high level to begin with, making it less enjoyable for people to level. In all honesty, since that time, I have changed my stance on it from it being a good idea, to a bad idea, because now anyone doing those quests can hardly get help since the method is so vastly different than that of the RF for any other job that they have no relation, and are mostly unable to be soloed. Either way, that is another topic all together.
    (1)

Player
    Completing the story is the whole reason to play the game, there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about making it a requirement.

Your other points are just arbitrarily pointless. 1500 plates, is already excessive, TOAU kings repops ARE excessive etc.

Having something done you should've done LONG AGO, is reasonable beyond explanation just at face value, it needs no argument.

Even if you started TODAY you could finish COP in (2?) days. ((Because of the arbitrary day change requirements.))
    (2)
    Last edited by Karah; 01-17-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Completing the story is the whole reason to play the game, there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about making it a requirement.

Having something done you should've done LONG AGO, is reasonable beyond explanation just at face value, it needs no argument.

Even if you started TODAY you could finish COP in (2?) days. ((Because of the arbitrary day change requirements.))
    Should have done long ago had you been playing for a long period of time, from what I understand the OP is a new player, I myself made a new character and have already experienced this story 2 times previously. In either of these two instances you can not or should not expect a person to have done this expansion already, and doing it seems a needless pain. It seems very annoying that you must go out of your way to do story missions alone for a few days worth of time simply to get armor you already had the items for in the first place, from the viewpoint of a new player, I can not see people wanting to be forced into doing it, if anything, people likely want to take their time with it and enjoy the experience rather than rush through it so they can get what they wanted in the first place, and as someone making a new character who has done it before, I get no benefit out of doing it again, its just an annoyance.

You're other points are just arbitrarily pointless. 1500 plates, is already excessive, TOAU kings repops ARE excessive etc.
    1500 plates is an excessive amount, ToAU repops are insane, and that proves my point, just saying that something could suck worse, does not mean it doesn't already suck. All you're doing here is proving exactly the point I was attempting to get across but it seems to have went over your head.

Argument: 1500 Plates is ludicrous.
    Reply: Be thankful its not 15000 Plates.
    Logically its a failed argument, 1500 Plates is ludicrous, simply stating that 15000 would be worse does not make 1500 any better.

Argument: ToAU kings can take weeks to pop and some even claim it's taken them more than a month, this needs to be changed!
    Reply: Be thankful they aren't 3 month repop timers.
    Logically its a failed argument, weeks or a month is ludicrous, simply stating that 3 months would be worse does not make this issue any better.

Argument: I should not need to have Sea access to turn in my upgrade items for my RF when I already have everything needed and none of it involves CoP.
    Reply: Be thankful they didn't force you to have the +1 first.
    Logically its a failed argument, needing to have Sea access for something that does not relate to Sea directly makes no sense, the fact they did not make it require +1 to upgrade them in the first place does not make the original problem any better, it just means they didn't do something even worse that they could have.

Do you now understand the argument I was making and how you seem to have missed it?
    (1)

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast