Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFXI after FFXI

Player

FFXI after FFXI

I know that FFXI as a service still has a long way to go before being shut off.

I can't help but feel kind of sad and anxious of when the time is going to come when the game is gone and I can't pop back into Vana'Diel for a nostalgia trip. I'm very happy that Square is treating FFXI as a proper final fantasy title and is making sure that it gets the proppor treatment in the series pantheon (with appearances of shantotto and prishe in dissidia). Unlike the other games in the series, FFXI isn't going to be easily remade or rereleased for when we turn into nostalgia craving old geezers.

So how do you guys feel about this? I would like them to make an archival offline version of the game, but if there were any demand and money to be made off such a thing, then the game would still technically be online and running. Maybe we'll be lucky and the service will go on until the end of time.

Sorry to be a bummer
    (0)

Character
    Brayah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Final Fantasy Forever: the adventure continues... theres your title
    (0)
    I am ripper, slasher, terror, gouger, i am the teeth in the night... I AM Beowolf!!!

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    I think there are two threads like this.

Anyway, Offline would be nice but it would kind of be hard to solo SOME hard NMs that still takes alliances to kill even at the current level cap.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    FFXI never really got the respect it deserved from the get go due to lack of advertising etc. It is a shame because i do love this game, but SE has always treated it as third rate since the beginning, and games like WoW etc beat them to the mass advertising punch. It was never even advertised in my area, I only found it because a friend that worked at a game shop called me and asked if i wanted him to hold a copy for me when it was released because he knew i loved final fantasies.
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Yeah, I never seen an advertisement either, one day I was looking in the stores and saw a copy and i wanted it.

I didn't have the computer for it so I waited until it came out on Xbox..
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I think it would be nice if they went the PSO route and allowed/distributed the data to be used on non-official servers, allowing the game to live on through private hosting. This may not be possible due to Playonline but, it would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Brayah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    yea but wouldnt it be cool if you could go around and recruit all the high lvl story/mission line npc from each nation to your link shell, and in the party option to create parties/alliance just check mark them who you want and when u close the menu they warp to your location.... ;o
    (0)
    I am ripper, slasher, terror, gouger, i am the teeth in the night... I AM Beowolf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henihhi View Post
    FFXI never really got the respect it deserved from the get go due to lack of advertising etc. It is a shame because i do love this game, but SE has always treated it as third rate since the beginning, and games like WoW etc beat them to the mass advertising punch. It was never even advertised in my area, I only found it because a friend that worked at a game shop called me and asked if i wanted him to hold a copy for me when it was released because he knew i loved final fantasies.
    Pretty much this. While it seems that it was advertised extremely heavily in Japan, it never really got any sort of mention at all in the US. Heck, we've had the occasional year without a Vanafest here. It's a real shame, considering NA players make up such a huge portion of the playerbase. EU players have it even worse, but there really aren't that many of them to be honest (which may have to do with lack of advertising, who knows).

While it's fairly late in the game's life to be spending money on advertising dollars, it is a shame that most people I know don't even know what FFXI is.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Brayah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i'll be honest i found it by accadent while trolling gamestop.com for socom2 way back then 2004? i think it was, w/o even a hint of commercial advertisment, and pre ordered it thinkin "omg omg omg online final fantasy woot!" it hadnt been that long sence i beat 9 and 10 and i was like in heaven...lol
    (0)

Player
    Haha, Sorry for restarting on this topic if its been done before.

IF they do another version of this game then Recruitable NPC's/party members or mini multiplayer (PSO/Diablo/MH) would be interesting directions to go in.

Heck I would love it if they released manga, or a novel.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast