Thread: Delve fights

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Delve fights

I think SE really needs to address this in regards to either powering it down or make mini versions of Delve. Problem is that no one wants as DD unless you have the gear from the fights already and won't accept the eminence weapons/gear as viable for players. I've tried bard but all bards are expected to have 3-4song harp and the G-horn, So i've resorted to using my whm with capped cure pot% /sch the whole nine yards and still am refused cause they already have all their own whitemages.

Before anyone says why don't you do your own, I have tried many times and every time there is 1-2 people who go out of their way to screw it up for you at the last minute. Not to sound paranoid but some times i think people come along just to make the run fail. I've been on runs where tojil is down to 50% or less then one of the whitemages runs close or uses benediction for no reason and then the mage party wipes.

I even had the crack pot idea of an all Summoner group and it was going well and everything was going good then 1 summoner retreats their pet into the group of summoners and get most of us wiped cause the mob was on their avatar at the time. We could have done it cause the turtle was easy enough and the eft was easy but it was the 1-2 people who seemed hellbent on the fail or runs.

Just want to see if others are having the same problems with getting wins?
    (8)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Someone on Phoenix made an all SMN alliance with two PLD and won.
    (5)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I have to agree with the fact that the playerbase has gotten assinine with the requirements. How did we clear it before Oatixur came to be? Rygor, yet now "You got Rygor? Tough shit, we need Oats so gtfo" You don't need Oats to win a delve fight, you need a group of competent players, and frankly it fires me up when I see that kind of crap going on.
    (8)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    and frankly it fires me up when I see that kind of crap going on.
    Uh, just saying, "fires up" usually means to get psyched up or excited, I think the phrase you are looking for is 'pissed off" or "grinds my gears" or what have you.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Uh, just saying, "fires up" usually means to get psyched up or excited, I think the phrase you are looking for is 'pissed off" or "grinds my gears" or what have you.

Actually that can go either way, excitement also can mean anger, such as the bad stimuli excites my emotions and triggers anger.
    (4)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    LOL seriously? lower the difficulty? delve isthe most balanced content in game, when compared to difficulty and playerbase. Delve is perfectly fine where it is and isnt meant for everyone to win. nor is it made for ppl who win to have a 100% success rate.

stop being a diva. you cant win a battle doesnt mean its broken. the real issue is you cant handle the "dodgeball effect" and the social expects of the game. so you get picked last or dont even get consider. move on it wasnt your time and get better. this includes making your own parties to network and dealing with trial and error.

the players and party leaders who tell you no "lol rigors" earned their right because they have done the above. there is no reason to go back to higher chance of failure. at this point if you dont have oatixurs its more of a reflection of your ability as a player. and i;m not just talking about skill to punch and ws. or sing a rotation.

also its not always the case. i know i will take a lolmnk or unconventional job to tojil. help someone get the clear and/or experience. show there were they stand, and teach them where to go next. when i know the player is decent person and ability when my alliance can support the lack of damage/utility you cannot produce.

when ppl are not lazy and are willing to learn/perform they get opportunities. some thing as simple as networking on your server. and not degrading the system and ppl in it can go a really long way.

Those ppl who are telling you no, went thru the same difficulty and stress. its called trial and error. if you are seriously in a situation where you cannot see this its because you are being lazy and a diva. there is nothing wrong with losing. its part of the game. you just have to learn how to be able to being able find that group of competent players and win.
    (2)
    Last edited by Feary; 01-04-2014 at 05:09 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    I have to agree with the fact that the playerbase has gotten assinine with the requirements. How did we clear it before Oatixur came to be? Rygor, yet now "You got Rygor? Tough shit, we need Oats so gtfo" You don't need Oats to win a delve fight, you need a group of competent players, and frankly it fires me up when I see that kind of crap going on.
    You should take your trusts into delve then, oh that's right.

Only thing I wish they'd change is the time limit. (now)
    (0)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    LOL seriously? lower the difficulty? delve isthe most balanced content in game, when compared to difficulty and playerbase. Delve is perfectly fine where it is and isnt meant for everyone to win. nor is it made for ppl who win to have a 100% success rate.

stop being a diva. you cant win a battle doesnt mean its broken. the real issue is you cant handle the "dodgeball effect" and the social expects of the game. so you get picked last or dont even get consider. move on it wasnt your time and get better. this includes making your own parties to network and dealing with trial and error.

the players and party leaders who tell you no "lol rigors" earned their right because they have done the above. there is no reason to go back to higher chance of failure. at this point if you dont have oatixurs its more of a reflection of your ability as a player. and i;m not just talking about skill to punch and ws. or sing a rotation.

also its not always the case. i know i will take a lolmnk or unconventional job to tojil. help someone get the clear and/or experience. show there were they stand, and teach them where to go next. when i know the player is decent person and ability when my alliance can support the lack of damage/utility you cannot produce.

when ppl are not lazy and are willing to learn/perform they get opportunities. some thing as simple as networking on your server. and not degrading the system and ppl in it can go a really long way.

Those ppl who are telling you no, went thru the same difficulty and stress. its called trial and error. if you are seriously in a situation where you cannot see this its because you are being lazy and a diva. there is nothing wrong with losing. its part of the game. you just have to learn how to be able to being able find that group of competent players and win.
    How am i Lazy or being a Diva, I also stated that several times i've done this people have gone out of their way in the party to insure our failure. Like i said, we had a whm do benediction during a big part of the fight with tojil which pulled him into the mage party and wiped us out. I've seen people who were the main result of our failure go up and /em high fives or even mt with a say "that was easy" to other players in town after the failure like its a game to make others fail these.

I've been in groups with monks with oats and I only had my eminence gear and i wasn't only out damaging others who already had their oats and wins i was tanking the whole fight with taking minimum damage compared to them getting killed in 2-3 hits. During this fight we had it down to an art but then someone from the mage side came into the area and stole hate then ran back to the mages. Even after 3 provokes from the monks we were unable to get him back to us and he weakend the mages and all failed from there.

I'm not saying its broken but the player base is broken in itself. No body had oats to do these fights at the beginning and why is it such a strict requirement now? Also you saying not everyone will get one and its not for everyone to have is like saying that in the next update everyone without should just quit since everything that has come out since then requires you to have a i119 gear in order to get invited.
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Your story is just weird. Benediction enmity is proportional to HP healed, so depending on the situation, your WHM either saved his PT or Benediction shouldn't have produced enough enmity to pull hate. Also, nobody should be tanking the whole fight. Hate should be bouncing around between the DDs. Under no circumstances should mages pull hate, ever. And you haven't even mentioned your stunners, which are usually the biggest culprit (and easiest to blame, generally).

Just reading your story, I get the impression that not only are your groups failing, you can't even properly identify why they are failing. That's the first step toward success.
    (2)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    How am i Lazy or being a Diva, I also stated that several times i've done this people have gone out of their way in the party to insure our failure. Like i said, we had a whm do benediction during a big part of the fight with tojil which pulled him into the mage party and wiped us out. I've seen people who were the main result of our failure go up and /em high fives or even mt with a say "that was easy" to other players in town after the failure like its a game to make others fail these.
    I believe you are being a diva because you are posting/suggesting/demanding the content be change or eased. when you be learning how to better evaluate the player you choose and your methods in strategy. Based on the fact that you are having trouble defeating it with your methods.

i believe you are being lazy because the content isnt as strong/difficult as it was 8 months ago. Also, the playerbase isnt as weak as they were 8 months ago.

1. most players have notable gear. making that
    2. most players have knowledge of strategy and whats expected of them in the strat.
    3. most players have experience doing these fights. and know if its going to be a successful based on /check and the time it takes to kill 1-5 NM.
    i.e. stunning, healing, and overall dps of each dd.

Hell as you mention, the addition of Eminence weapons even proves the point even more. this is how s.e choose to ease content. add weapons that are comparable in strength and easier to obtain.

I've been in groups with monks with oats and I only had my eminence gear and i wasn't only out damaging others who already had their oats and wins i was tanking the whole fight with taking minimum damage compared to them getting killed in 2-3 hits. During this fight we had it down to an art but then someone from the mage side came into the area and stole hate then ran back to the mages. Even after 3 provokes from the monks we were unable to get him back to us and he weakend the mages and all failed from there.
    Eminence vs oat. at this point is irrelevant in relation to tojil. as you explained it depends on the players who join and their skill. of course there are alot of other factors that would effect dps. i.e stuns/weakness from lahar, buffs, etc etc

which all boils down to you picking the right ppl. namely this will only happen thru trial and error.

if someone(s) is really out to get you and your groups. then that is still your fault for having such a rep and inviting payers who are out to get you. know your enemies and learn how to better select ppl.

I'm not saying its broken but the player base is broken in itself. No body had oats to do these fights at the beginning and why is it such a strict requirement now? Also you saying not everyone will get one and its not for everyone to have is like saying that in the next update everyone without should just quit since everything that has come out since then requires you to have a i119 gear in order to get invited.
    its strict because of the reasons you mentioned above. to prevent those mistakes and situations from happening.

what most ppl seem to forget is that. having oatixur shows you hit a milestone, have the ability to follow direction and have some idea what to do.

Your story is just weird. Benediction enmity is proportional to HP healed, so depending on the situation, your WHM either saved his PT or Benediction shouldn't have produced enough enmity to pull hate. Also, nobody should be tanking the whole fight. Hate should be bouncing around between the DDs. Under no circumstances should mages pull hate, ever. And you haven't even mentioned your stunners, which are usually the biggest culprit (and easiest to blame, generally).

Just reading your story, I get the impression that not only are your groups failing, you can't even properly identify why they are failing. That's the first step toward success.
    i have to second this. i think you just dont know what exactly is going on and are focusing on the wrong thing.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast