Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Delve fights

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You seem to think i am mad about the WHMs and DD i spoke of. I am more amazed that when you have a group that should be able to win you dont because of people who either dont seem to have their heads in it, which makes you wonder why they joined up in the first place, or cant follow the simplest of instructions. Sometimes the whm will be like "I cant keep all their HPs up!" well that is why we said use curagas ect... And when these kinds of things happen you pretty much know you are done cause PUGs rarely stick for another go at it like a group based on a linkshell will tend to retry.
    (0)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    You seem to think i am mad about the WHMs and DD i spoke of. I am more amazed that when you have a group that should be able to win you dont because of people who either dont seem to have their heads in it, which makes you wonder why they joined up in the first place, or cant follow the simplest of instructions. Sometimes the whm will be like "I cant keep all their HPs up!" well that is why we said use curagas ect... And when these kinds of things happen you pretty much know you are done cause PUGs rarely stick for another go at it like a group based on a linkshell will tend to retry.
    I run around on my crappy COR in Delve and see a lot of DD's lacking PDT and MDT sets. Sometimes WHMs can't keep HP up because of squishy DD.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The OP doesn't know who to blame for his failed runs or even why he failed. Just reading his accounts of what happened, you can see contradictions and made-up deficiencies. How can you ask for an easier fight when you don't even know why the current version is too hard for you?

Also, you know those fail WHMs you keep bringing up? They'll still be there to mess up your 6-man fight.
    (2)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    no, i dont think you are mad about the players you spoke of.

"people who either dont seem to have their heads in it,"

these are useless players you shouldnt stress about and/or avoid at all cost.

avoid doesn't necessarily run away like they are a plague. since you rely on PUGs, you need to join them and likely hood they would be in it. its means do what ever necessary to communicate with them to figure out if they are or can be worth you time.

cant follow the simplest of instructions. Sometimes the whm will be like "I cant keep all their HPs up!" well that is why we said use curagas ect...

not even worth your time.

And when these kinds of things happen you pretty much know you are done cause PUGs rarely stick for another go at it like a group based on a linkshell will tend to retry.

you can still network with those who have a clue/ are capable, network and you will get a decent group together.

i did many pugs before i had an intention of having a my own delve linkshell. Those pugs were successful. in fact on my server most pugs i did won.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    Being a good leader is totally different to getting a win, I knew someone who was amazing at leading Dynamis and when he left the game and came back years later he rebuilt the linkshell and all was good, except the core skills of the game are lost from people no longer leveling their jobs the old fashion way and learning the jobs, Blackmages didn't know what a timed nuke was, there was a war who didn't know he had provoke, whitemages missing spells and all around the player base's skill was replaced with gear to make up for it. You can be the best leader in the game but if the people your leading don't know their own jobs there isn't much to do at this point.
    When i went with the group of all summoners one person syphoned for less then 200mp. I've seen whitemages who cast protectra V and it only lasted half a fight. Its not the leadership that should be in question with this situation at times, its the player base who needs to be dragged out to Cape Terrigan and get the abyssea beaten out of them.
    You have a pretty narrow POV toward what a good leader is. A good leader is more than knowing what to do in an event. A good leader would be able to help every member improve their performance, and attract talented ppl to work for them.

If I'm going to build a linkshell and find someone not playing right, I'd just tell them where to find the resource to improve and give suggestion on how to improve. That's the job of a leader. If someone make a mistake, great. Don't make mistake next time and it's as simple as that.

Ppl who make a LS, have members make mistake and still make same mistake after 5 more event, I wouldn't call it a good leader because nobody is improving under his/her leadership. You either kick ppl that continue to make same mistake over and over, or help ppl fix the mistake. That's the job of a leader.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-07-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    LOL seriously? lower the difficulty? delve isthe most balanced content in game, when compared to difficulty and playerbase. Delve is perfectly fine where it is and isnt meant for everyone to win. nor is it made for ppl who win to have a 100% success rate.

stop being a diva. you cant win a battle doesnt mean its broken. the real issue is you cant handle the "dodgeball effect" and the social expects of the game. so you get picked last or dont even get consider. move on it wasnt your time and get better. this includes making your own parties to network and dealing with trial and error.

the players and party leaders who tell you no "lol rigors" earned their right because they have done the above. there is no reason to go back to higher chance of failure. at this point if you dont have oatixurs its more of a reflection of your ability as a player. and i;m not just talking about skill to punch and ws. or sing a rotation.

also its not always the case. i know i will take a lolmnk or unconventional job to tojil. help someone get the clear and/or experience. show there were they stand, and teach them where to go next. when i know the player is decent person and ability when my alliance can support the lack of damage/utility you cannot produce.

when ppl are not lazy and are willing to learn/perform they get opportunities. some thing as simple as networking on your server. and not degrading the system and ppl in it can go a really long way.

Those ppl who are telling you no, went thru the same difficulty and stress. its called trial and error. if you are seriously in a situation where you cannot see this its because you are being lazy and a diva. there is nothing wrong with losing. its part of the game. you just have to learn how to be able to being able find that group of competent players and win.
    Your response is so bad.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Actually I find that it shows more that you simply have friends in high places. Each person is but one part of an 18 man alliance and there are perfectly competent people out there that either have a hard time finding a group to run with at all and/or are forced to join pugs that usually fail because whoever organized it doesn't really know what to do and not necessarily because oneself was the reason for faliure.

Not having Oats or w/e super power weapon is hot at any given time isn't an indication that a player is bad.
    This might be the most competent thing you've said on these forums. I can't believe I'm hitting 'Like' on one of Alhanelem's posts
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    Your response is so bad.
    how? grammatical? or you just like my point of view?
    (0)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Actually I find that it shows more that you simply have friends in high places. Each person is but one part of an 18 man alliance and there are perfectly competent people out there that either have a hard time finding a group to run with at all and/or are forced to join pugs that usually fail because whoever organized it doesn't really know what to do and not necessarily because oneself was the reason for faliure.

Not having Oats or w/e super power weapon is hot at any given time isn't an indication that a player is bad.
    by high places you mean high abilities , do you mean high ability to communicate and high job skill?
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5