Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Jubaku Ni.
    Migawari lasting longer than 60 seconds.
    A decent arsenal of ranged weapons.
    More INT/ Magic Atk Bonus gear.
    (0)

Character
    Killercat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I agree with Jubaku or even other Ni spells. But why Kurayami: San? Kurayami: Ni has the same effect as a fully merited Blind II on RDM. So I think this one is ok.

Skill ratings sure need to be fixed. As being said Ninja is the only job that can use Katana it just don't feel right to have A- there.

For Shuriken... really want to use them, but the good ones are so expensive and doesn't even stack to 99. It feels like you throwing with gold nuggets.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzybella View Post
    5th shadow count doesn't show for Ni...4 shows for Ichi tho.

and I strongly agree with having an A+ weapon rating for katanas...I mean, c'mon!
    I would love to see a 5 Shadow count on the icon. ^^
    (0)
    - Usukane / Ramuh Server

Player
    Jubaku: Ni, Utsusemi: San, Elemental Nukes T4, Monomi: Ni, Dokumori: Ni.
    A+ in katana is a must!!!!
    I really want to see dispel, sleep, bind ninjutsu...
    Someone said a self haste.. that would be nice but rather have crowd control spells.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I don't think that a throwing weaponskill is necessary. Players have been asking for this for years but honestly it seems quite random probably overpowered considering that there are already throwing weapons with DMG ratings of 250 in the game. I do think that a practical means to obtain shurikens would be nice though. Right now the best it gets is Koga Shurikens. They only come in small amounts from quests that nobody does anymore. Newer shurikens obtained via synergy would be fun.

Another improvement I would like to see is giving ninja the critical attack bonus trait. Innin and Iga back/body both enhance critical hit rate while Iga neck increases critical hit damage. Naturally I was expecting to see ninja receive this trait (along with other jobs like thief.) However, ninja ended up getting mostly useless traits like Tactical Parry, Magic Burst Bonus, and Skillchain Bonus. I found it quizzical that they got those instead of critical attack bonus.
    (1)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin
    #3: New Job Ability's (Perfect Parry?! Incease damage/chance of Critical hit on next WS Ability, or Even Enhance duration of next Self benefiting Ninjutsu spell??)
    I don't think that Ninja needs any new job abilities. Ninja is not Monk or Warrior nor does it need job abilities like Impetus or Blood Rage to function well. It is also not Scholar and giving it a Perpetuance-like job ability is laughable. The only thing you could use it on with any practical applicability would be Migawari, Monomi, Myoshu or Tonko... and who cares about extending the duration of Invisible or Sneak... so you're left with a mostly useless job ability. Pass.

#2: Adjustment/Additional Ninja Spells (Jubaku: Ni? anyone? Myoshi:Ni? Yunin: Ni? Yonin:Ichi with longer duration?!?!)
    I mostly agree with you here. Jubaku: Ni and Dokumori: Ni are long, long overdue. I find it odd that almost every Ninja-type monster in the game can use these spells but even at level 90, players still cannot. At some point in the distant past, I could see the introduction of these spells as being overpowering tools in the NIN arsenal, but not any more. We all know RDM are the best users of enfeebling magic... it's impossible to beat them at it... they were almost exclusively designed for it. There isn't any real reason anymore that NIN needs Jubaku: Ni or Dokumori: Ni sans wanting to cast Jubaku or Dokumori faster. That's good enough for me, though.

By the way, Yonin is not a ninjutsu spell.

#1: WHY DONT WE HAVE A+ SKILL ALREADY? We are the ONLY job that can use Katana's! How are we not masters at them?
    Thief has a A- rating in Dagger skill level. How is Thief not a master of using daggers or knives? Ninja isn't the only job in the boat of oddities. Have you seen Bard? You seem to forget that the beauty of Ninja is that no other job has as many A- ratings as Ninja does. Ninja is fine. Ninja is golden. Does it make narrative sense for Ninja to have a A+ rating in Katana skill level or Ninjutsu skill level? Yes. But is having either going to be a noticeable change for Ninja? Doubtful.

If anything, Ninja needs some job trait improvements. Critical Attack Bonus would have been a very nice addition, but for some reason, SE gave it to WAR/THF/DNC/DRK, instead. While I can justify WAR/THF/DNC (at least in my mind), I'm still oblivious as to why they gave DRK this job trait.

Ninja could make very good use out of Critical Attack Bonus and/or Quick Magic. A job trait that makes Yonin or Innin effective regardless of positioning during the day/night would be world-class, too. For example, the job trait would make Yonin effective from any position during the day. Conversely, it would make Innin effective from any position during the night. It upsets me that I spent so much time building a fantastic offensive ninjutsu set and that I never get to embrace the full potential because I can never use Innin for more than one :Ni or :San spell due to constant mob turning, etc.

Ninjutsu damage could use another boost. While the previous enhancements to the damage-capacity of elemental ninjutsu was noticeable and much appreciated, the damage is still paltry outside of Abyssea and against most NM within Abyssea as well. Blowing up EXP mobs inside of Abyssea is a blast, but trying to land a similar amount of damage per :Ni or :San nuke on any NM is frustratingly difficult. Everybody loved the update to ninjutsu. Do it again. That's my vote.

Also, Ninja is in dire need of offensive spell-casting equipment, but that's not really a "job adjustment", just a observation and a want. Besides two Sekka +2, Iga Tekko +2, Hecate's Earring and maybe Koga Hatsuburi +1, there isn't anything really noticeable or "WOW!" that NIN can wear to improve their offensive ninjutsu abilities. The Yasha set has always been pretty bad unless you're only looking for Spell Interruption Rate reductions or Enmity.

We all know NIN can melee. It's great at it. So are a dozen other jobs. But NIN is constantly overlooked as a potential magic damage-dealer... and when you actually have the gear for it (what little gear there is), you can do pretty extreme amounts of damage... but only in Abyssea, which is disappointing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fetus; 03-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I don't think that a throwing weaponskill is necessary. Players have been asking for this for years but honestly it seems quite random probably overpowered considering that there are already throwing weapons with DMG ratings of 250 in the game. I do think that a practical means to obtain shurikens would be nice though. Right now the best it gets is Koga Shurikens. They only come in small amounts from quests that nobody does anymore. Newer shurikens obtained via synergy would be fun.
    250 DMG? The only weapons that have those are Sky god winds, and only one can drop from each God. There's not much sense in going by that claim, especially when we don't have something like Unlimited Shot to exploit weapons like that. Personally, adding Throwing Weapon skills would add something new to the job as far as ranged DD goes. I do agree that we need more practical means of obtaining shuriken though.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    My main suggestion to elemental ninjutsu would be to shorten the casting time for San spells down to 1.00 seconds (from 2.50) It's silly when the Ni spells result in a higher DoT than the San spells because of this (not to mention making casting them somewhat impractical and wasteful anyways because you lose out on so much katana DoT.) I'm content with the damage they do although most of the gear that improves it is kind of hard to come by.
    (0)

Player
    Directed at Fetus.

Really you wasted that much your time? Writing a essay trying to bring negativity to someone post?
    Yunin: Ichi was obviously suppose to be Yurin:ichi but I guess thats one of those Ninja spells you don't use because Ninja is already to "good"? On the other hand I said why don't ninja have A+ katana, because we are the only job that can use them. Almost all melee jobs in FF have at lease 1 A+. Daggers can be use by many jobs and *Cought* thief have A+ Evasion!

P.S. I really don't care for Ninjutsu damage it will never be able to take cake over Blm which is a elemental damage job! Our tools are mainly used to weaken and exploit a enemy. Ninja is a tank/DD and has been since the beginning. We only seen light the last 6 months but before that it was a dead job for 3+yrs if you disagree ask anyone in FFXIAH Top Ls list on your server.

This post is simply to give SE if they do indeed intend on reading this some general idea's that we would want done to our job to improve it.

Oh yea... A+ doesn't matter? um thats 8 Acc 8 att and back before abyssea... That was um...............kind of a big thing
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Directed at Fetus.

Really you wasted that much your time? Writing a essay trying to bring negativity to someone post?
    Yunin: Ichi was obviously suppose to be Yurin:ichi but I guess thats one of those Ninja spells you don't use because Ninja is already to "good"? On the other hand I said why don't ninja have A+ katana, because we are the only job that can use them. Almost all melee jobs in FF have at lease 1 A+. Daggers can be use by many jobs and *Cought* thief have A+ Evasion!

P.S. I really don't care for Ninjutsu damage it will never be able to take cake over Blm which is a elemental damage job! Our tools are mainly used to weaken and exploit a enemy. Ninja is a tank/DD and has been since the beginning. We only seen light the last 6 months but before that it was a dead job for 3+yrs if you disagree ask anyone in FFXIAH Top Ls list on your server.

This post is simply to give SE if they do indeed intend on reading this some general idea's that we would want done to our job to improve it.

Oh yea... A+ doesn't matter? um thats 8 Acc 8 att and back before abyssea... That was um...............kind of a big thing
    There was nothing negative about my post. If you think so, then you think so, but I think you're being overly defensive. Not sure why you're taking stabs at how I apparently play Ninja. Of course I know what Yurin is. It's not my fault you made typos and are too lazy to use the edit tool.

You're missing the point about Ninja having numerous A- skills. It's makes them well-rounded, diverse and survivable. And I said it made narrative sense for NIN to have A+ ratings in obviously NIN-onry skills. But they don't, so get over it. It's not like +8 Accuracy and +8 Attack will make any sort of difference now. If it is making some sort of game-breaking difference to you, then you're not doing something right.

If you've not tried building a set of equipment to use elemental ninjutsu, I suggest you try it. With proper atmas and the available gear to be had, it's quite easy to do 1000+ damage per :Ni nuke. Considering the fast casting times of :Ni ninjutsu, it's so easy to outdamage everybody, mage or melee.

I made my suggestions. Don't turn this into a amateur flamefest.
    (1)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast