Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Greetings, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Now where is Atomos?
    Atomos is on the way! Below is a message from Akihiko Matsui in regards to the plans for the vacuum-like avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    We’re planning to prepare new series of quests related to Wings of the Goddess where you can obtain Atomos as you progress through them. The new quests will involve not only Atomos, but Trust alter ego additions, and battle content that can be repeated similar to high-tier mission battlefields. We’ll be getting into the real work of this content in July of this year, and the content is quite hefty so we expect it to take a bit of time.

We’re planning to make Atomos similar to Odin and Alexander in that he will be an avatar that can be summoned only during Astral Flow. With Atomos’s special traits, we’d like his power to be another choice in the array of Astral Flow avatars.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Thanks for the reply! Will Cait Sith be receiving the rest of her blood pacts as well?
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    To tack onto this further, SMN is one of those jobs that could GREATLY benefit from the ability 'Stay'
    Honestly it would probably benefit way too much, which is probably why the job doesn't have it.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Honestly it would probably benefit way too much, which is probably why the job doesn't have it.
    How would smn benefit from a stay ability any more than bst? On its own stay is pretty irrelevant to smn, given a choice I would rather have a snarl ability. Getting hate from casting haste or refresh on myself right after my pet just dealt 9-10k damage to a mob isn't very nice. And SMN's are a lot more squishy than BST and PUP
    (0)

Character
    Bek
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Summoner has been one of the most shafted jobs there are MANY avatars the job could have, SE just has an "issue" "Implementing them"
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    How would smn benefit from a stay ability any more than bst? On its own stay is pretty irrelevant to smn, given a choice I would rather have a snarl ability. Getting hate from casting haste or refresh on myself right after my pet just dealt 9-10k damage to a mob isn't very nice. And SMN's are a lot more squishy than BST and PUP
    Yes, a snarl ability to transfer hate would also be nice, and we could use it too. But Stay has 2 great applications. 1 it would allow us to to park the avatar in one spot, which once they fix avatar's favor would greatly help with the placement of said avatar. As you've already pointed out, we're not as HC as PUP or BST and standing close to a NM in most cases equals death for us. Stay gives a HP restoring effect which would be great as only a hand full of Avatars can heal themselves as is. The other thing is that Stay doesn't disengage the BSTs pet, which means that if we resummon and use stay, the avatar would also stay in one spot and still be aggressive, so it'd lend to greater ways to kite fight that SMN is so greatly known for. As it makes sure that YOU control the field and distance that you want to travel without having to push yourself into other areas that might not work for kiting, such as Fenrir's Battle as this zone is smaller that the others
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    It makes SMN, who is already far better at pet kiting, more capable of doing so. And beyond this, it's not really needed. Stay has more uses on BST.

so it'd lend to greater ways to kite fight that SMN is so greatly known for.
    This is exactly why SMN will never have stay. It makes SMN better at something it's already better at compared to the other pet jobs.

Snarl would be even less likely to happen (as much as i would like to have such an ability) because SE likes to rain on our parades. Snarl would make it far easier to add melee DPS as SMN (though currently, it's harder than it used to be because pet hate has been so wonky since Seekers came out) and I don't think SE wants to make it easier for summoner pets to tank. They've basically been against that since the job came out.

(Note: I'm not saying I wouldn't want these abilities, because I would- but the reason I'd want them is the exact reason they won't happen)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-24-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    (though currently, it's harder than it used to be because pet hate has been so wonky since Seekers came out))
    And even more so since they nerfed hate through damage. Casting a simple spell can accrue way more enmity over your pet than it used to.
    (0)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14