Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Imakun View Post
    Sure, instead of at least trying to heal with Carbuncle we'll just let people die and Raise them with Cait Sith! Ahah
    Not gonna happen, unless she gets Erase(ga) and Cure(ga) that don't suck.

Removing the retarded penalty of Avatar's Favor is long overdue. If anything, the favor should be an automatic aura the Avatar has upon summoning (that affects the avatar itself). No more resets with BPs and scaling in power with time and no more -Atk/MAB. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    I don't think we really need more damaging Blood Pacts, let lv70 physical BPs scale better with levels and I'd be fine. Magic damage is ok now, even if less seconds on the BP timer would be even better.
    Also, remove lunar phase and time of day shenanigans from Fenrir and Diabolos (and make Wards like Noctoshield and Dream Shroud scale better with level/smn. magic).

We've been saying these things for years now, looking at what we're getting with Cait Sith makes me think the dev has no clue whatsoever.
    Fixing Avatar's Favour would actually really push SMN in a very different and positiv direction:
    - enlarge the radious form 10 feet to 25 feet so you dont have to send your avatar in if you dont want to (if you are buffing melees)
    - remove the BP penalty
    - make the favour autocap right at start instead building up for 3 min until your avatar dies... over and over and over again or you use a BP.

the buffs are very nice, they just are useless, because: 1. you need to build them up and 2. your avatar has to be in range of people (so possible in range of melees/mobs) which means your avatar will die fast, which means you have to build the favour up again....
    It is one buff an avatar's favour offers vs I dont know how many buffs other jobs can hand out. I dont see any problem with the changes I suggested, it surely wouldnt break the job...
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Fixing Avatar's Favour would actually really push SMN in a very different and positiv direction:
    - enlarge the radious form 10 feet to 25 feet so you dont have to send your avatar in if you dont want to (if you are buffing melees)
    - remove the BP penalty
    - make the favour autocap right at start instead building up for 3 min until your avatar dies... over and over and over again or you use a BP.

the buffs are very nice, they just are useless, because: 1. you need to build them up and 2. your avatar has to be in range of people (so possible in range of melees/mobs) which means your avatar will die fast, which means you have to build the favour up again....
    It is one buff an avatar's favour offers vs I dont know how many buffs other jobs can hand out. I dont see any problem with the changes I suggested, it surely wouldnt break the job...
    To tack onto this further, SMN is one of those jobs that could GREATLY benefit from the ability 'Stay'
    (3)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Rumblepakk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

New SMN gear idea.

They really need to add more to the -BP timers first off, and also I think a great addition to gear for SMN would be a sort of 'Enhances "Bloodpact: ward" effect'.

Also I think it would be appropriate to be more specific with avatar physical attack. We have gear for "Avatar/Pet magic attack bonus" for their elemental BPs and "Inc. BP dmg" for both phys and elemental. I have a seperate Phys. Dmg set but I dont know if its for while the avatar is meleeing or for when it uses a physical BP.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Or they could just make the avatar favor a native effect when you summon the avatar, instead of making a pet action with a useless penalty, also the favors should effect the avatar.
    yeah I'd like to see the penalty removed. It's not like SMN is overpowered.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Anyways to get the thread back on the topic of Cait Sith, I wonder why Cait Sith feels a lot like what Phoenix would have been, I think perhaps since Cait Sith impressed the goddess she infused into Cait a portion of phoenix soul to replace her as the terrestrial avatar of life.

So maybe Cait Sith is a new terrestrial avatar?
    (0)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Spoilers for WotG. D:

According to the story, when Lehko was killed by Shikaree G, he was revived (hence the Raise/Reraise/Arise abilities) by the nonphysical/spiritual form of Cait Sith Deich, who then left him after defeating Fenrir/Robel-Akbel/Karaha-Baruha.

That's what I thought after we were shown the Blood Pacts, at least.
    (0)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 03-15-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not to mention that She is the Tears of the Goddess.
    And the Tears of the Goddess were tasked to revitalize (revive) the dead future into one of prosperity (life).

EDIT: And everyone needs to get off this "zomg! She has revive!?!?! Phoenix!!!!!11!!1" cause... Last I checked... Reviving is only HALF of the Phoenix summons' effect...
    Does no one remember the massive AoE fire damage?
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 03-17-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Not to mention that She is the Tears of the Goddess.
    And the Tears of the Goddess were tasked to revitalize (revive) the dead future into one of prosperity (life).

EDIT: And everyone needs to get off this "zomg! She has revive!?!?! Phoenix!!!!!11!!1" cause... Last I checked... Reviving is only HALF of the Phoenix summons' effect...
    Does no one remember the massive AoE fire damage?
    While Cait Sith probably has nothing to do with Phoenix, Nobody cares about Phoenix fire effect in every Final Fantasy she has been well known for her AOE raise, and while yes fire does play a big part with Phoenix, Ifrit was always the go to fire elemental summon.
    (3)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Now where is Atomos? Can Lilisette be freed from her fate in Wotg since Cait Sith can't?
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    To tack onto this further, SMN is one of those jobs that could GREATLY benefit from the ability 'Stay'
    A snarl ability would be nice too, bst and pup have the ability to plant hate on their pets, SMN really needs this.
    (2)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast