Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That's cool! In response to the first post though, it's not just a simple case of making the summon they need to create the quests as well, which involves writing etc as it would be more closely connected to the WoTG storyline.
    (1)

Player
    I'm really excited that cait sith is coming soon; however, instead of SE giving us another useless SP avatar like Atomos they should just make Alexander & Odin into regular avatars especially due to the prerequisites to obtain them.
    (2)

I just want the last 3 someday... Phoenix, Atomos, and Bahamut
    (4)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Can't have the bird as it's tied to tenzen's sword. Atmos is supposed to be coming sometime and I doubt we would get bahamut just because of how he is in the game.
    (0)

Yes because making a storyline where you extracted phoenix from his sword would be impossible
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Can't have the bird as it's tied to tenzen's sword. Atmos is supposed to be coming sometime and I doubt we would get bahamut just because of how he is in the game.
    Tired old argument. They can do whatever they want to introduce these avatars... Bahamut can pretty be one shotted now, how is he so superior anymore?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Yeah, with the introduction of WotG, they have the means to bring the Phoenix in anyway, as it is. They've already established there are alternate realities with Abyssea and the plot of WotG. And Bahamut would be a 1hr Avatar, Just as Alexander and Odin are, although I'd prefer him not to be, because the PLD-ish aspect of Bahamut would be really nice.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    If I remember right Phoenix at least in our version of the world had no body to speak of due to something happening to it or whatever and thus had to be bound to the sword or it wouldn't exist anymore in our world. I know bahamut would be a 1hr but that wasn't my point. He just doesn't seem like he would be willing to become our partner because of his personality. I mean sure diablos isn't a ray if sunshine but at least agreeing to a pact with us allows him to get out of his prison. Also who says at least Phoenix would exist in the other time lines since our time line seems to be the best out come of the three different time lines. WotG goes south at the end of the crystal war and Odin seems to be pulling a lot of the strings in that time line. Also we know the empty was already a huge problem in the Far East by the time we get to CoP in our time line. Probably is much worse there in WotG. I am just saying lore wise it just doesn't seem really probable to get these two who will probably would be both 1hrs that don't even come close to the power of what we all know they would be able to unleash.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think people need a recap on the History of Vana'diel so they understand that both avatars from a story perspective is entirely logical. Will summarize for anyone who doesn't want to follow the link and read it all.

SPOILER ALERT: Reveals parts of the storylines in Rise of the Zilart and Chains of Promathia.

Bahamut

Back before the 5 races, was the Ku'luu and Zilart. The Zilart were obsessed with power, particularly the Jeuno brothers and tried to open the gate to Paradise using the cermet crags we still see all over Vana'diel. The Ku'luu and the Dawnmaidens (powerful Zilartian priestesses who cared about Altana's will more than anything) secretly teamed up to stop the Jeuno bros from opening the gate to Paradise.

When they opened the gateway, all the terrestial avatars awoken. The terrestial avatars roles given by Altana was to protect the 5 mothercrystals and protect Vana'diel. Lead by Bahamut; Carbuncle, Diabolos, Phoenix and Fenrir fought against the Zilart to close the gate and stop Vana'diel from being destroyed in the process. At Fei'Yin (which was the control center of all the crags), they sabotaged it by overloading it. Sending a massive surge of powers that almost destroyed the world but certainly wiped out most of the Zilart and Ku'luu.

The destruction was massive, you can still see it to this day on Qufim island, also in Batallia along the coast where all the trees are blown and crystals are formed all over it. The northlands which was a green lush land was now barren, cold, and can also see the explosion scars along the coast. Bahamut was pissed at the result, and determined to lead the terrestial avatars to wiping out the remaining life in a twisted way of thinking this is the only way to protect Vana'diel and the mothercrystals.

A Ku'luu boy, Sel'theus, made a pact with Bahamut that if anything should threaten Vana'diel again he would help Bahamut bring the end of all human-esque life on Vana'diel. I guess he had powerful "talk no jutsu" because Bahamut backed down and the terrestial avatars left.

Much later when you encounter Bahamut in Riverne during CoP, he has come back because the emptiness threatens Vana'diel. At this point he's pretty sick of hearing how humanity will clean their own mess up given what happened last time. Bahamut takes it upon himself to deal with the pact he made. Seeing humanity as too weak to do anything, flawed and corrupted by Promathia (who gave each of the 5 races a huge flaw to their personalities). After encountering Bahamut a few times, he continues to fight humanity, but if you read the cutscenes he is impressed at how they keep managing their own against his minions and himself.

How to Summon Bahamut story-wise: You never see Bahamut after the end of CoP storywise and it's well within his personality to make a pact again after seeing just how far humanity will go to save Vana'diel, which is the only reason he does what he does.

Phoenix

Phoenix is the fiery bird of resurrection. Somehow during the battle to stop the Ku'luu she dies and loses her body. She ends up resurrected intangibly as her flames in the Far East, worshiped there as a deity and her flames sealed inside of a katana. Every soul the katana claims serves to uphold Phoenix's lifeforce.

Knowing this, when people in Tenzen's homeland started falling prey in to the Emptiness spreading in the Far East, they were sacrificed in Phoenix's name, hoping it would resurrect her. Tenzen takes the Phoenix Blade to the main lands to get help from the Jeuno bros in order to stop the emptiness.

Later in the storyline, Phoenix expends all her energy stored so far to fend off an attack from Bahamut. Weakened to the point of death, and all life returns to the mothercrystal, she runs into Sel'theus who is standing at the mothercrystal and he asks he she will just be absorbed and reborn. She merges with him instead in order to help take down Promathia. As she is a terrestial avatar and just like Bahamut, she wants to protect Vana'diel. Sel'theus vows to stay in Al'taieu and watch over Vana'diel.

How to summon Phoenix story-wise: There is nothing saying that Phoenix can't leave Sel'theus. She merged with him because she knew his soul would rejuvenate her enough to provide him with power to stop Promathia. Phoenix never swore to stay in Al'Taieu, that was Sel'theus' promise to some how make up for making a pact with Bahamut to end all life on Vana'diel. Also we have no idea how long it takes Phoenix to resurrect to full or what actually will do it. But we do get hints that it is possible. Phoenix, like all the other terrestial avatars is capable at full power is sharing a portion of her power with others. All we would need storywise to make her happen is to introduce how Phoenix can resurrect herself and make it happen in a quest or Far East expansion.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 02-17-2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Fixed link to History of Vana'diel

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    It's called a lot of death for Phoenix. That and I'm not sure if she can be unbound from Sel'theus without harming him. It's one thing to unbind her from an unliving object and another to do with a living person. If we did get bahamut I still think it would be a begrudged pact. I mean come on he might be starting to be impressed with the five races but do you really think he won't try another time to kill you all plan again instead of going ok let's work together through a pact. He isn't very trusting and I wouldn't be either if some eternal boy couldn't hold up his end of a pact what is to say someone of the five races will?
    (1)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast