Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    You see Camiie, its only good to be efficient when you're not annoying other people with your methods of being more efficient in some way, like for instance, being in the presence of someone else.

^that was sarcasm btw.
    (7)
    Last edited by Demonjustin; 12-30-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've gone to do a time limit RoE quest and there are 5-6 other people there doing the same thing all solo all with trust... luckily I got a couple of other characters with me so I can blow past them faster than them. Hell faster than all of them put together lol. But would be so much better party of 6. I could so see people doing nm magian trials and not being willing to pt up now. Well more so now lol
    (0)

Character
    Aguro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 70
    I think trust should be restricted and only be allowed when teaming is not an option and should not be allowed when you're just level grinding. I just came back to this game after 4 years and I'm not high level in the slightest. I like to grind levels. The harder a game is the better in my opinion. Leveling is WAY too easy now and I think it takes away from the game. It would be nice to have in certain situations, where fighting a really tough monster solo is virtually impossible, but now I don't even have to look at the screen when I'm fighting. It really makes the game pretty boring.
    (1)
    Last edited by Aguro; 12-30-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Player
    So basically what you're saying is, you have a system you can use but are not forced to, and do not like it because it makes things easier, and rather than just, I don't know, not using it? You don't want anyone at all to be able to use it whether they want to or not except in situations you deem fit, just because you don't want to use it at all times?

Do you not understand how stupid & selfish that sounds?
    (5)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    my two major issues with trust that has yet to be addressed is the lag in wkr and kupipi casting protectra 5 in a wkr and it overwritting my merited protectra 5 (kupipi is NOT in my party)
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've gone to do a time limit RoE quest and there are 5-6 other people there doing the same thing all solo all with trust... luckily I got a couple of other characters with me so I can blow past them faster than them. Hell faster than all of them put together lol. But would be so much better party of 6. I could so see people doing nm magian trials and not being willing to pt up now. Well more so now lol
    Do you offer to team up with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aguro View Post
    I think trust should be restricted and only be allowed when teaming is not an option and should not be allowed when you're just level grinding.
    How is that even possible?

I just came back to this game after 4 years and I'm not high level in the slightest. I like to grind levels. The harder a game is the better in my opinion. Leveling is WAY too easy now and I think it takes away from the game. It would be nice to have in certain situations, where fighting a really tough monster solo is virtually impossible, but now I don't even have to look at the screen when I'm fighting. It really makes the game pretty boring.
    You can still go out there and grind mobs to your heart's content. You don't have to sign up for FOV or GOV pages. You don't have to level in Abyssea. You can find tough mobs to fight solo. What are you even talking about?

Do you want the game to hold your hand and make a party for you like WoW? Find like minded people and do the things you want to do! If you can't find like minded people then maybe your ideas aren't really that popular. That's fine. Some of mine aren't either, but that's not a game design flaw.

The game still does offer what you want, it just doesn't force people to play that way anymore. You have the potential to be happy and so do people who want to play differently. I don't see that as a bad thing at all.
    (5)
    Last edited by Camiie; 12-30-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    The "using Trust when they don't need them" argument is silly. If I'm farming for drops or there's nobody around doing the same thing as me, I'm going to summon them. No sense in digging with a shovel when I have a bulldozer available, even if I know I'm capable of doing the former.

The only place where they get really annoying is in Wildskeeper Reives, where it discourages people from teaming up to take down the boss. WKR already had incentive issues when it came to killing fodder mobs, but this just made it worse.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Do you offer to team up with them?
    Sometimes. Usually met with no response.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    The "using Trust when they don't need them" argument is silly. If I'm farming for drops or there's nobody around doing the same thing as me, I'm going to summon them. No sense in digging with a shovel when I have a bulldozer available, even if I know I'm capable of doing the former.

The only place where they get really annoying is in Wildskeeper Reives, where it discourages people from teaming up to take down the boss. WKR already had incentive issues when it came to killing fodder mobs, but this just made it worse.
    It's also rather annoying when 10 people with 3 npcs each are all farming the same mobs not for drops or xp but just for kills that the entire pt gets credit for...
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It's also rather annoying when 10 people with 3 npcs each are all farming the same mobs not for drops or xp but just for kills that the entire pt gets credit for...
    I doubt anyone condones this sort of action, but just because some people are fools and asses with this system does not mean the system itself is bad, it means the people using it are bad, or rather, the people using it are, shall we say... intelligence deprived.
    (1)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast