Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Not really dualboxing, no. I did quest another day and unlocked NPC, summoned it and they have extremely poor performance in combat due to lack of gear swap, using shitty WS, cast useless spells and so on.

Whether I Summon them or not, I still kill kamihr drift mob just as fast without them. Dual box>>>>>> loltrust.
    Im sorry that the brand new system that was just released does not instantly match up to the abilities of a real player upon release.

Play at any sort of lower level than Adoulin and you will see they are very powerful, its only once item levels are introduced to the mix that they begin to fall so short of the mark and reach the point of being worthless, even then, its not quite true. Using melees in high level areas like Kamihr you will not see them do much due to the fact they have not been fixed for that level yet, their accuracy falls off very poorly and their attack is seemingly horrible with them hitting for very low numbers such as 50s with daggers in the case of Nanaa.

However, if you use Shantotto, Ajido, and Kupipi as your party you can see a nice difference so long as you afford them the MP they require. I soloed merits for Ark Angels earlier for instance and for my party I used these 3 NPCs, so long as I kept them Refreshed full time, Kupipi made healing effortless, paralyze was never on for more than 3 seconds, and my BLMs dealt enough damage to combined total up to about 70% of my overall damage because they spam nukes for 1.5~2k.

So long as the updates coming in February(which are supposed to be fairly large it seems) do enough to improve them at level 100+ and the AI improves, we could easily see this become dual boxing for people who don't normally. Till then, its a hell of a lot better than having literally 0 assistance at all like people had before Trust was added.
    (2)
    Last edited by Demonjustin; 12-28-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    What is annoying is when everyone is together doing the same thing and refusing to team up and instead throwing out tons of trust npcs and lagging the hell out of anything. I mean isn't the point of trust when there is no one else to do the stuff with?
    This is basically what I was really trying to get at.

It's just extremely annoying to see all these trusts... when they're REALLY not necessary... I mean come on, do you really need 3 people to help you kill 20 mandragoras in your ilvl 119 gear in ceizak... serously?

That's what I'm talking about, its a CRUTCH and a huge one, people think they need the Trusts FOR EVERYTHING. It's pathetic.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also there stats change based on the ilvl gear you are wearing at the time. So if you ever tp in something that isn't the highest ilvl because it might not be the best to use they are even weaker. If you swap out to something lower they retroactively get weaker.

And yeah as stated the AIs aren't the brightest.... would be nice if we could sorta adjust the AIs like our companion npc. Or hell maybe something like gambit system.
    The only none IL gear I TP in was Thaumas body, everything else besides accessory are pretty high. Weapon was 119 too.

No stat change can save them if they're not gear swapping/using right WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Im sorry that the brand new system that was just released does not instantly match up to the abilities of a real player upon release.
    More like dev still have 0 idea about gear swapping and gear optimization concept in 2013.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    No stat change can save them if they're not gear swapping/using right WS.

More like dev still have 0 idea about gear swapping and gear optimization concept in 2013.
    Except the very real possibility they make their stats just a fusion of the two and fix the WS prioritization. Not all too hard to believe they would do such a thing in the course of its updates especially since some of it they said was scheduled to be adjusted in the update coming in February. Gear swaps are only needed if you need to give yourself more stats for something, more Haste for TP, more STR for WS, so on, but is they just cap a NPCs Haste and give them a ton of STR at the same time, no need to swap, would be stupid, all they have to do is increase their base stats as you level and its fine. Past that, again I say, its better than the nothing we had.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Here's a TLDR for the OP: "People play different than me so they are bad and stupid. They should stop and play my way or GTFO."
    (6)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree it can be annoying. But I believe Karah handles it the wrong way. It is not trust that annoys me. It is how people use it that annoys me. People now refuse to team up because they have trust NPCs. Trust is suppose to be easier for you when you solo. When you don't have anyone there to help. Now, everyone is doing the same thing but refusing to team up beacue of trust NPCs. I love the idea of the trust system. But the player base abuses it and therefore, pushes players away from each other. It should only be used when teaming up is not an option. But that is just my opinion.
    (3)

Player
    Once they allow us to use them in parties the teaming up issue should be resolved as well.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkoko View Post
    I agree it can be annoying. But I believe Karah handles it the wrong way. It is not trust that annoys me. It is how people use it that annoys me. People now refuse to team up because they have trust NPCs. Trust is suppose to be easier for you when you solo. When you don't have anyone there to help. Now, everyone is doing the same thing but refusing to team up beacue of trust NPCs. I love the idea of the trust system. But the player base abuses it and therefore, pushes players away from each other. It should only be used when teaming up is not an option. But that is just my opinion.
    You said it perfectly.

Trust is NOT needed EVERYTIME you go outside town. Yet, that's exactly how it's being used. It's retarded.

Good way to fix it, is to limit it's use.

Would modify the title to "the way people use trust is extremely annoying" but that's semantics.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karah; 12-30-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Lately when no one else in my circle of friends is on, I will go to an unoccupied area and solo for merits. Why would I NOT summon my NPCs for faster and more efficient killing? I thought doing things as quickly and efficiently as possible was the sign of a good player. It's what I've always been told in regards to XP and completing content. /shrug
    (8)

Player
    I have no problem with someone using them when theyre no where near me getting in my way, totally different.

It's when these morons roll up where I am, with their party of gimptrust that is annoying as hell.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karah; 12-30-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast