Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Empyrean Armor for Dark Knight

One of my biggest disappointments with regards to Dark Knight's empyrean armor result from both the Bale Flanchard and Bale Gauntlets. For instance, me and a buddy of mine checked out the difference in the amount of HP drained with both the +1 and +2 Bale Flanchard and estimated the increase in drains to be in the .1 to .5% range which is laughable to say the least. I have also noticed that the Bale Gauntlets are equally broken in that I can literally see no gain.

Am I the only one who has noticed that Drk's Empyrean armor seems to be broken?

However, I will say that the set bonus is absolutely outstanding. So far the most I have criticalled for is an impressive 1,000+ dmg swing. The set offers us Drks' with some impressive stats and when the set activates it can hit for a ton of dmg. On that note, it bugs me that the legs and hands are without a doubt broken.
    (0)
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaveron View Post
    One of my biggest disappointments with regards to Dark Knight's empyrean armor result from both the Bale Flanchard and Bale Gauntlets. For instance, me and a buddy of mine checked out the difference in the amount of HP drained with both the +1 and +2 Bale Flanchard and estimated the increase in drains to be in the .1 to .5% range which is laughable to say the least. I have also noticed that the Bale Gauntlets are equally broken in that I can literally see no gain.

Am I the only one who has noticed that Drk's Empyrean armor seems to be broken?

However, I will say that the set bonus is absolutely outstanding. So far the most I have criticalled for is an impressive 1,000+ dmg swing. The set offers us Drks' with some impressive stats and when the set activates it can hit for a ton of dmg. On that note, it bugs me that the legs and hands are without a doubt broken.
    For the pants the boost to Nether void only happens when you use the JA with the pants equipped AND cast with them equipped i dont have the real % but i would guess around 10% for +1 15% for +2

As for absorb-tp The spell was weakened when it became available as /drk and than the gloves just make it what it used to be so it is the exact same.
    (0)

I have the pants and always use Drain/Drain II along with the corresponding Nether Void JA as well as the Bale Flanchard +2 and have never noticed any increase above .5%. I can't even imagine how you pulled off a 10% increase. My dark magic skill is capped, fully merited and with almost every dark magic skill equipment you could have. I assure you it does not even come remotely close to a 10% increase or even a 2% increase for that matter.

And if you by chance do notice an increase I assure you the overwhelming result from said increase is from the +15 dark magic skill and the INT that you are getting from the Bale Sollerets.

As for the hands it seems to be counter-productive to nerf the spell while giving us the 'Enhances absorb TP effect' if it would make literally no difference.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xaveron; 03-25-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have the pants and always use Drain/Drain II with them equipped and have never noticed any increase above .5%. I can't even imagine how you pulled off a 10% increase. My dark magic skill is capped, fully merited and with almost every dark magic skill equipment you could have. I assure you it does not even come remotely close to a 10% increase or even a 2% increase for that matter.

As for the hands it seems to be counter-productive to nerf the spell while giving us the 'Enhances absorb TP effect' if it would make literally no difference.
    Read carefully, it's because you didn't have the Flanchard equipped when you activated Nether Void.

I'll be editing my swaps to include this, thanks for the tip.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have the pants and always use Drain/Drain II with them equipped and have never noticed any increase above .5%. I can't even imagine how you pulled off a 10% increase. My dark magic skill is capped, fully merited and with almost every dark magic skill equipment you could have. I assure you it does not even come remotely close to a 10% increase or even a 2% increase for that matter.

And if you by chance do notice an increase I assure you the overwhelming result from said increase is from the +15 dark magic skill and the INT that you are getting from the Bale Sollerets.

i also have nevery really done it with drain spells its way better used with absorb TP ive go as high as 170TP absorbed avrg about 120

the nerf of absorb TP was put in place to make it so a blm sch or such could not make full use of the spell like a DRK could.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Read carefully, it's because you didn't have the Flanchard equipped when you activated Nether Void.

I'll be editing my swaps to include this, thanks for the tip.

Sorry, I fixed my first post to say that I use Nether Void with the Bale Flanchard +2 for my drains. As a matter of fact, I actually keep them equipped full-time.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Sorry, I fixed my first post to say that I use Nether Void with the Bale Flanchard +2 for my drains. As a matter of fact, I actually keep them equipped full-time.
    puting in homam for fastcast? that will make it not work
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    puting in homam for fastcast? that will make it not work
    I don't use Homam. I am however a full-time Drk and know many who are such as the person that I tested it with. There was literally no mistake on my part, the legs are just broken

Don't get me wrong, with the time I've spent on getting my +2 Empyrean armor I wish I could just brush it off and say it was personal error, but that isn't the case
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't use Homam. I am however a full-time Drk and know many who are such as the person that I tested it with. There was literally no mistake on my part, the legs are just broken

Don't get me wrong, with the time I've spent on getting my +2 Empyrean armor I wish I could just brush it off and say it was personal error, but that isn't the case
    oh.. well i tested a found it different guess we just agree to disagree..
    (0)

pretty sure kirshy tested it, and i trust her results above all, checkout killingifrit or bg pretty sure her results were on both
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast