Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Sellable Empyrean Weapon items

The title speaks for itself. Why do I feel this is a good idea? Not going to lie, I have a personal interest in this, but also it makes sense, to make the three weapons fair and balanced in attainablity. Relic currency and Mythic alexandriate are both bazaarable. Allowing these items to be sold would increase interest in abyssea. Newer players can get items from veterans and gil hunters farming the hnm that drop the items. It could increase traffic into abyssea zones that really don't see much love anymore.

Lastly, many veteran players like myself that left because of the 20,000+ RME at 85/90 (vanadiel census 2012 stated there were 20,000 empyreans at level 85) that got trashed with adoulin would be either able to sell the items that they are never going to use now (because alot, and I mean alot of those 85's won't see 90, yet alone 119), or make upgrading to 90 to unlock the weapon skill easier.

I collected many empyrean items, before adoulin, with the intention of finishing all to 90. I have almace and kannigi, and most of the items for the h2h, gk, gun, and a few for the bow. Now i'm not asking for colorless souls to be bazaarable, as I realise this may be unbalanced, because a 90 ochain/harp is still a sound investment, where as a 90 empyrean weapon is only good for the weapon skill if your not going to 119 it.

At the time players were encouraged to level many jobs, and gear many jobs, not focus on just one or two jobs and solely invest in hmp for the 95, and cinder for the 99 trials. At the time an 85/90 empyrean was decent (you wouldn't parse top but you would be putting out respectable damage). Don't believe me, look at the census numbers and you tell me what the players were thinking. It does't take rocket science to agree. The numbers are there.

SE, I implore you, throw a life line to your customers and to yourself. Give players like myself (and I know quite a few players stuck like me with these items clogging up their moghouse on mules or thier main character) an oppurtunity to get something back from months of farming. At the time of abyssea there was never any indication that the cap would be raised to ilevel 119, so soon after the cap hit 99. For years it stayed at 75. Admit the ileveling was a mistake, at least in its implimentation, too much too soon too fast. And cut the players a break.

Thank you. I whole heartedly believe if this were done, many players would consider returning, or at least some of the rage can die down on the players you have. I spoke with many veterans and the only two decent responses I recieved was to trade these rare/ex items to the chest goblin npcs in the three starter cities ports, or hoard them in the hopes that SE wakes up and allows them to become bazaarable. I personally spent too much effort just to trade it to some npc, and I'm still raging about my almace and kannigi being trophy items now adorning my manequin.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    bumping this thread after seven months i am still mad about this and the trash your 85/90 empyrean weapons is exactly why i lost focus and quit
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    cool story bro
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake