Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Reverence gauntlets +1 Shield Mastery! D:

This is only giving +1% TP per block. Please change it to the 10 that is displayed, it would help PLD quite a bit I think, and would not in any way overpower the job, it needs this badly!
    (6)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I completely agree. PLD needs some love and Shield Mastery could use the boost. I always thought PLD should have gained Retaliation instead of WAR and it would be pretty comparable TP gain wise (at least in my head, too lazy to do math). I don't see how gaining TP with no damage would be overpowering.
    (1)

Player
    Retaliation is the equal to 1 TP hit, so 20 TP should be a fair amount to judge by I suppose, going with this, Ochain, and no other Shield Master gear, you have 4 Mastery native, and 10 from this, on top of the 2 standard TP per hit you take, thats 16 TP per blocked attack. That means its basically 16% extra TP 90% of the time when the monster attacks you, for Retaliation its more like 20% extra TP 40% of the time when the monster attacks you. So, this would beat out Retaliation, but do 0 DMG in the process, and a PLD WSs much weaker than a WAR. All in all, I call this balanced still, we need this for PLD.
    (5)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree completely. It would be really nice if they just altered the tiers of Shield Mastery to equate the same amount instead of tethering them to the gloves and put something nice as a replacement like Shield Defense Bonus or just leave it at +1. I definitely think PLD needs it too. I'm just concerned about the future and how you'll permanently have to wear these if they added it to the gloves versus a trait upgrade.
    (1)

Greetings,

Below is a comment from Akihiko Matsui in regards to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

The shield mastery value shown in the item help text for Reverence gauntlets +1 was incorrectly displayed and showed the special values used by the program. We've corrected this and the value currently displayed is the proper stat.

I apologize for the delay in announcing this, as well as for the confusion that was caused.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Should just change it to 10. Pld really needs something like that to compete and still feel pld like
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If PLD ever became a competitive DD, there would be no need for other DDs.
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    If PLD ever became a competitive DD, there would be no need for other DDs.
    That would be why this would be the perfect way to make it competitive. It would only allow a pld to become competitive if it was blocking a decent portion of hits so would discourage multiple plds
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That would be why this would be the perfect way to make it competitive. It would only allow a pld to become competitive if it was blocking a decent portion of hits so would discourage multiple plds
    Exactly. It would not take away from DDs because unless the PLD is getting hit the PLD can not DD well, it encourages taking PLDs by giving a great damage tank while at the same time not making PLD itself powerful without being the one tanking, if the PLD can not hold hate their damage will suffer as a consequence and thus, a party of PLDs would be pointless as the hands would grant no bonus.
    (5)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So, ~3 months later, Reverence Gauntlets +1 still say Shield Mastery +10 in the English client. I'm still not getting +10 TP/block from these. Just saying.
    (8)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast