Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

What is to become of Ninja?

I geared for the Job last month to see how it fairs against mobs in Kamir Drift. I resulted on not being able to solo a Raaz. I get hit hard, I don't evade it's attacks often, and I get many spell interruptions. Rune Fencer does a better job soloing than ninja. So what's to become of the job? It's certainly isn't a good DD either. Also, once again, update the double attack katana trial to a level 119 please ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I dont think they are goin to take any more magians higher than 99. Your gear and weapons ilvl is very important i have found in seekers areas. Before i was able to get any kind of new weapon or armor i had the same difficulty as you are describing just outside of town, which frustrated me cause i just got my newish empies to 85 and now they were worthless cause I couldnt land any hits or take damage at all (I dont see me gettin them much higher than 90, so i can get the WS unlocked at least). But today there is alot of easier to get good weapons and armors you have access to like the Records of eminence katana. its not called Eminent katana its something Japanese sounding and its item level 117. I think depending on your weapons item level you get interupted less and your shadows dont get taken as bad with aoe attacks, also magic accuracy of your ninjutsu. Does your RUN have his AF (which is item level 109 i think)?
    (0)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ninja kinda lost is shine.

They aren't good enough to tank stuff anymore...
    They can't deal enough damage...
    Now every new NM use a AoE move to wipe shadow...
    They're not good caster even full merited...

Honestly, I don't know what the future for ninja now but with the last answer from devs they think we "nearly able to deal dmg..." (sarcasm) I don't think they care about us...
    (0)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    @Darwena:

SE can make them a DD the way NIN is a DD in FFXIV.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If you gear for dding it's actually fairly decent now since Daken update. Can gain tp about as fast as sam... though would've been nice if during the 1hd ws adjustment they had done more to kat ws. Should really change some of the skillchain elements around so nin can self skillchain better
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Funny thing is, NIN was my main in 2008. When the next round of Aby came (Vunk, Ule, etc), my NIN lost her exclusivity since every corner had a NIN, so I went COR.

Now, I see the number has died, at least on Asura. Still lots of THFs, though. Had to go back NIN since I'm solo now. All that work to get 39 Isebind Hearts to upgrade Armageddon is on hold, since no one does that stuff anymore.
    (0)