Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Nasugo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Removal of gate switch requirement in The Eldieme Necropolis

Please devise a method to move around The Eldieme Necropolis solo. Right now, I am trying to get my Evoker's Ring, but to do that;

I need to fight Fenrir.

Which needs access to the Full Moon Fountain.

Which needs access to Toraimorai Canal.

Which needs either three people on specific jobs, a portal charm (requiring a nation change, and many rank completion quests), or position in a quest (Toraimorai Turmoil)

Toraimorai Turmoil requires Blue Ribbon Blues.

Blue Ribbon Blues requires Eldieme Necropolis access.

Which then requires multiple people.

Either way, I cannot pursue my personal endeavors in the game due to requirements thought up for a time when the game was more populated. I would appreciate it if this was looked into.

Thank you.

(P.S, for anyone telling me to "suck it up" and "go get friends to help you", this is a suggestion forum. This post is a request/suggestion to make the game more player-friendly in certain circumstances; it is a perfectly valid post.)
    (19)

Player
    I agree with you honestly, it surprised me when they added a way to get around Garbage Shi... I mean, Garlaige Citadel, without needing other people simply by picking up stones that are just inside the entrance, rather than behind at least one door even. There is not really a reason they can't do the same here.
    (1)

Player
    Well... for one thing, doing nation rank quest are kinda satisfying for me since I do love stories, and FF has been known for their story telling qualities. If you don't do them, you won't know the dilemma each nation has, why Windy still digging up a way to protect their insecurities by re-summon the great Fenrir again, the sibling rivalry between princes of Sandy, and the struggle to keep the unity of bond between the Mythril Musketeers of Bastok. Oh... and for unrelated notes, the nation stories at Crystal War era (that's in the Wings of the Goddess expansion) has even better story. I enjoyed all of them, and even took personal effort to see the completion of it.

But yes, for 1 thing, I do agree that the lever puzzle at Eldieme needs to be rectified. It is kinda old method and ineffective since alot of players wouldn't bother to come help by just flicking switches. But... this might not be entirely true, since I still got help when I'm stuck with these contraptions again. And I do enjoy the pleasure of helping others with the same dire situation. At least it is really close to Jeuno, and most players including me set their crystal's home point at Jeuno. lol
    (2)

Character
    Dawezy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Make a Key Item like they did for QSC and Garbage Citadel, would solve everything.
    (1)

Character
    Hohito
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

to Nasugo

I am currently doing this exact thing but stuck for the same reasons. I did all of the Windy quests up to this part, but will need someone for the Eldieme part of it. Oh well.
    (0)
    Hohito
    Windurst/Shiva
    JOB MASTER SMN Su2 PLD DRK BRD NIN

Another option woudl be to have the doors toggle positions every minute or so. There's only two positions, IIRC.
    (0)

Character
    Ellorion
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You could create a mule, walk with your main char to the right door, change chars, hit the switch, switch chars again and go though it. Complicated, but should work. Problem might be to get a mule in there for the switch. (mule on same account)
    (0)

Character
    Lexin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yes please! Really think they need to remove a lot of roadblocks like this for old content that is rarely used.
    (0)
    Lexin - Pansura
    DoRK - 90
    PLD - 85

I would like "Weapon Bash" renamed "Dragoon Bash" for old time sakes...

Final Boss of Zilart expansion has a similar problem. The yellow gate to get to it in Shrine of Ru'Avitau is usually in the wrong position, meaning you have to go outside again, all the way around the maze, back inside, hit the switch, and then retrace those steps. Solo is a pain. Nobody in my LS wants to make the trip tonight, so I'm having to log out in the middle of the dungeon.
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i remember when this game was actually hard ; ;
    (1)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast