Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

trust NPCs not affected by blood pacts

As far as I can tell, while virtually all party-only effects can be applied to Trust NPCs (unlike the adventuring fellow) normally without any special commands or anything, summoner's blood pacts do not affect them. Given every other job can buff them (I don't play corsair, so please correct me if COR can't either), I don't see how it's fair that SMN can't.
    (3)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah that some BS there. I can diffusion all my buffs onto them on blu so why should snm be left out seems like a over sight and if not seems like a kick to the jiggle bells for smn.
    (1)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They're also not affected by AoE items like Mana Mist or Cleric's Drink, and I'd like these things fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i just posted this in the bugs section, hope it gets a fix, SMN also doesnt count for RoE quests like the 500+ dmg
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Greetings,

As you've mentioned there are certain effects that Trust NPCs cannot currently receive:
    • AoE Blood Pacts and Avatar’s Favor cannot be applied to Trust NPCs
    • Trust NPCs receive no effects from dancer’s Samba
    • Job bonuses from corsair’s Phantom Roll are not applied to Trust NPCs. *Phantom Roll itself will work, however.
    • Automatons will not cure or do things to Trust NPCs
    • Trust NPCs cannot be targeted for Healing Breath
    • Wild Carrot cannot heal Trust NPCs
    • Geomancy effects are not applied to NPCs

We will be working on adjustments for these and in February we will be making large adjustments to the Trust Initiative, which includes NPC AI. Among the NPCs, we will be looking into the feedback that is difficult for Curilla to keep hate.

Additionally, we are looking into a specialized command so that <stnpc> does not target other players' Trust NPCs. However, I cannot give a specific date for implementation at this time.
    (13)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ryanx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hey I am just woundering why can't we summon trust npc's in the wings of the goddess areas?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

As you've mentioned there are certain effects that Trust NPCs cannot currently receive:
    • AoE Blood Pacts and Avatar’s Favor cannot be applied to Trust NPCs
    • Trust NPCs receive no effects from dancer’s Samba
    • Job bonuses from corsair’s Phantom Roll are not applied to Trust NPCs. *Phantom Roll itself will work, however.
    • Automatons will not cure or do things to Trust NPCs
    • Trust NPCs cannot be targeted for Healing Breath
    • Wild Carrot cannot heal Trust NPCs
    • Geomancy effects are not applied to NPCs

We will be working on adjustments for these and in February we will be making large adjustments to the Trust Initiative, which includes NPC AI. Among the NPCs, we will be looking into the feedback that is difficult for Curilla to keep hate.

Additionally, we are looking into a specialized command so that &lt;stnpc&gt; does not target other players' Trust NPCs. However, I cannot give a specific date for implementation at this time.
    I REALLY wish you (SE, not you Cam, the messenger does not get shot here) would rethink your timetable on buffs for trust NPCs. while every type of job can benefit from our little mini-parties solo the support role jobs benefit most as they tend to have a harder time soloing than other jobs due to durability issues or lack of offensive output, etc. or perhaps I should say WOULD benefit most if they were able to buff anyone besides themselves. And why it is that support roles always have to take a back seat to DD jobs on EVERY SINGLE ROLLOUT? I can't be the only one who sees the monumental unfairness of this kind of thing.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanx View Post
    Hey I am just woundering why can't we summon trust npc's in the wings of the goddess areas?
    It is so you can't use them in campaign. I have no idea why that matters but that is along the lines of what the update notes said
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Trust Suggestion Npcs, 5 Generals from alzhabi
    (1)

As for Feedback, Curilla needs to have Provoke to help with keeping hate. But the other things I'd like to see: Kupipi(Every Mage too) needs to have Auto-Refresh or the Spell Refresh which they can only cast on themselves. She also needs to have Stoneskin, Regen, and Haste. I'd like for the Trust NPCs to also have a "Talk" function like the Fellow, only that when you talk to them they move to your location. This way all 3 aren't so nicely lined up for moves like Bad Breath, etc.
    (3)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]