Character
    Casavi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Newbie here - camera angle question

Been playing a couple days and I wanted to ask a quick question regarding the camera angle. Currently when I fight it auto locks me to the target I can't press the keyboard arrows to look around, I could however press the * to unlock and freely move around in case I need to run away. What I was hoping I can do, if possible, was to be able to look around while engaged with the mob. Right now the camera when unlocked pans in way to close and there has been a couple times where a tiger has spawned near me and I can't see it near me until its to late. Anyways have any advice on how to tackle this? I really just want to be able to view my surroundings while fighting, is there a special key or setting for this? Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    As long as you don't move your character and just the camera you can unlock it and move it around you. Should be two seperate sets of keys to move character and one to move camera. Not sure which they are though , I use a controller.
    (0)

Character
    Slang
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    When you are locked on a mob hit "H" to unlock then use arrow keys to look around.
    (0)

Character
    Casavi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thank you guys appreciate the help
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

In case you haven't noticed, it is possible to zoom in and out the 'camera' by using the numpad 3 and 9 (default) keys.

It is also possible to set off the auto lock-on when engaging. Hit the menu key twice, or after hitting it once, navigate to the left or to the right to bring up the correct 'page' that has the Config entry, and from there select, Gameplay » Controls:

Auto-target during battle
    OFF

I hope this, too, helps!

Welcome to Vana'diel ! !! !
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    You can also hold shift and press the arrow keys to move the camera while locked on a target. I believe it will restrict the movement somewhat.
    (1)