Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

EXP x2 feels just right for 2014, but even more's needed (looking at you, lvl. 50-75)

FFXI's leveling is very bottom-heavy (meaning, slow to start, but gets fast near the end) now that EXP parties start at level 75-ish.

My brother just joined the game, and soloing/duoing with him is enjoyable, but I think to myself, this would be tortuously slow if not for Double EXP.

Players these days don't have the patience, and with minimal interaction with other players at the low levels, the EXP gain really needs to be doubled so that new players can get into the more popular content and zones faster.

FoV and GoV experience bonuses should also be doubled (or at least FoV). When Page 3 in Valkurm Dunes gives 550 EXP, it's really not worth focusing on snippers and flies, considering one or two monsters give more than the page completion does.

Experience points should also be added to old quests and/or missions
    . So much of the new content has this, but almost none of the old content has it, when it's low-level content that needs it most.

Finally, the absurd jump in EXP required in the 50s needs to be reduced. It's okay for a big jump to come in the 70s when there's Abyssea content, but when you're in the 50s, soloing is extremely slow, and you suddenly need a ton more EXP per level. Being told, "Now that you're level 50, Abyssea leeching is your only option," is a major turn-off to many people, especially if they're leveling their first ever job in FFXI.

In summary, expedite the journey from levels 1-75 so that players can enjoy endgame content and player interaction sooner, and so that at level 50, players with some pride can keep that pride and earn their levels fairly.
    (11)

Records of Eminence and Fov/GoV stack, and you have the EXP rings on top of that. EXP is not that slow anymore.
    (6)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I got Samurai from 1 to 99 in, like 30 hours, solo, without Abyssea leeching. People need a little patience. Being 99 isn't all it's cracked up to be, and once you get there you'll most likely be excluded for not having the right job or the right equipment anyway.
    (6)

I agree, the leveling curve from 50-75 is too steep. It's not nice at all. The trust NPCs etc, help but I don't see any reason to have such a big jump
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Records of Eminence and Fov/GoV stack, and you have the EXP rings on top of that. EXP is not that slow anymore.
    I was wondering why fields start at 500 xp for RoE, while dungeons only give 100. I finally figured it was changed to address the huge difference between FoV and GoV rewards.

Being somebody who has leveled at least 10 jobs solo 1-80/90, solo xp is not that bad at all. The bigger problem is the lack of variety in camps I have found in order to take advantage of page bonuses. Gustav tunnel > Labyrinth of O > Fei'Yin got really old.
    (0)

Exp gain is ok as it is to a point. It allow newer players to learn the game some what. If anything, It would be better if in a party of 4 or more or alliance and in FoV and GoV. The book page will give double or triple the exp and maybe eliminate the level cap quests to lv70. To allow more socializing. If they were to get to crazy, Then why not just have everyone start out as lv75 or lv99.

How small the game is now, most new players I am sure got a few friends that got them into the game before they even started. Even if brand new, person more and likely look up the info on the game and if they try really hard they be at 99 in a week, if casual 2 weeks to a month for a first job.
    (1)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Are you kidding OP? Why not just ask, (like the poster above), just to start the game at cap? How many hand-outs does this game need? How many are even left to give?
    (5)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    The only thing I want, is for this current exp to stay as it is, when it starts back at the original value, then we'll see just how steep everything truly is.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballed View Post
    Are you kidding OP? Why not just ask, (like the poster above), just to start the game at cap? How many hand-outs does this game need? How many are even left to give?
    The game is boring leveling to 99 alone, even with the Trust NPCs, which they do not guide you to, the game can not be very fun to just jump into and start playing in an enjoyable way. They give us Double XP so often it is starting not to matter if they keep it anyways, but there is not a single reason not to. You can claim its a hand out or makes it too easy, but so what? The point of the game is to play with others, or at least enjoy the game, no one at all is in lower level areas practically, and its hard to enjoy the game when you are basically told that before you even have the real option to play with others without being worthless, you have to go level up for a few days. You can say it doesn't take a few days, but without Double XP, yes, 50+ slows you down big time, Limit Breaks too if you're inexperienced, what's wrong with helping out new or leveling players? Really?
    (5)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    The game is boring leveling to 99 alone, even with the Trust NPCs, which they do not guide you to, the game can not be very fun to just jump into and start playing in an enjoyable way. They give us Double XP so often it is starting not to matter if they keep it anyways, but there is not a single reason not to. You can claim its a hand out or makes it too easy, but so what? The point of the game is to play with others, or at least enjoy the game, no one at all is in lower level areas practically, and its hard to enjoy the game when you are basically told that before you even have the real option to play with others without being worthless, you have to go level up for a few days. You can say it doesn't take a few days, but without Double XP, yes, 50+ slows you down big time, Limit Breaks too if you're inexperienced, what's wrong with helping out new or leveling players? Really?
    I forget, is this or is this not an MMORPG where at least hundreds of other players exist to join you on your quest to reach level cap? What's wrong with smashing the gas on everything is that there is a game that does exist before Lv99, and it is there for a reason. These games weren't meant to be soloed to cap, weren't meant for much at all to be soloed within reason. The more people keep asking for this to be destroyed the more this game and the more these types of game die.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast