Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Enochroot View Post
    Yesterday I got spam from them re: Tomb Raider.
    I'm wondering why I got it twice.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Sent an email yesterday after asking around and not finding anyone that got the code from the issue. SE has been silent to everyone with an NA or EU account that I can find. I have two support tickets open with them that have apparently been untouched, the one for the Mog Pell code, and one for a mission that is stuck due to inconsistent character data from 2 weeks before the Pell event. I asked how tickets are allowed to age this much with no response to the person that filed it. I just got this in my mailbox:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for the delay in response regarding your issue. The issue is still under investigation and you will be contacted once we have further information regarding this matter. We apologize however we will be unable to provide any ETA regarding a possible resolution/fix for this issue nor can we guarantee the desired result you are looking for. We appreciate your patience while we attempt to resolve this issue for you.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

--------

Obviously, that's a non-answer, not being able to give an ETA to anyone... They can't guarantee the desired result (a simple code issuance)? Wasn't that the whole point of linking us to file a support ticket? Also a broken character data issue you would think would get a faster response, as 3 login campaigns and the crossover event have gone by and I have cleared 2 expansions since I reported the problem, and if they have to rewind my character data and make me lose that progress and the unique items, it will be a horrible solution.
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    More spam from SE, this time re: Drakengard 3. Not interested. Still no campaign codes, though, and nothing back from SE support. At this point I'll likely be letting my crysta run out and part ways with SE completely. There's no reason to financially support a company that treats its paying customers with such disregard.
    (0)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    This is still an issue. It never stopped being an issue. And SE still hasn't bothered to comment on it.
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Good news, everyone! You can safely unsubscribe from the spam emails SE has been sending and it won't jeopardize your chance at possibly maybe someday receiving the campaign codes perhaps:

Agent Joseph G: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
    You: Great, thanks.
    Agent Joseph G: So what can I do for you today?
    You: Well, I'd like to know the status of my ticket.
    You: It's been 2 months and I've been told several times that the issue has been escalated and that I'd hear back and nothing has come of it.
    Agent Joseph G: Is this regarding the campaign codes for FFXI?
    You: Yes.
    You: I've received lots of email from SE since December, but no codes.
    Agent Joseph G: Unfortunately those codes have not been issued yet to customers who did not receive them.
    You: Is there an ETA? 2 months is an excessively long amount of time.
    Agent Joseph G: Unfortunately I don't have that information. I can assure you that the issue has been escalated, but we currently do not have an ETA.
    You: Ok. One more thing: since I opened the ticket in December I've started receiving spam from SE for other games they want me to buy. I didn't receive these sorts of emails prior to this and I'm really incredibly not interested but I'm wary of unsubscribing from whatever list I've been forcefully signed up to in case it might negatively impact getting the campaign codes.
    You: So my questions are: why was I signed up for these spam emails and is it safe to unsubscribe from them?
    Agent Joseph G: We are having some issues with our automated email system, so I apologize if you are receiving unwanted emails. you can go ahead and unsubscribe to those, as the newsletter is separate from any email's you would receive regarding this case.
    You: So as long as I'm still receiving the newsletter I should expect to someday in the distant future receive my campaign codes?
    Agent Joseph G: Correct. Again, I apologize about the wait.
    Agent Joseph G: Are there any different issues I can assist you with right now?
    You: One last question
    You: And it's related
    Agent Joseph G: Sure
    You: If I were to let my Crysta run out and not renew it, would I still eventually receive the campaign codes? I don't intend to pay you guys any more money until I get the support I feel I deserve as a paying customer.
    Agent Joseph G: A subscription would not be required for you to receive your code.
    You: Right on, thank you very much for your time, have a good day.
    (3)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Oh man, it's a veritable carnival of failure over at SE. The "unsubscribe" and "edit subscription" links in their spam don't work, they just redirect to SE's NA home page. This is a fantastic lesson on how not to treat customers.
    (2)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    All good stuff to know, Enoch. Thanks for the update. And yes, this is an awful display of customer service in action.
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    More spam from SE today. Got fed up, looked up the mx record of their mail server (ahem, public information) and found that they use Yesmail to send out these spam messages that you can't unsubscribe from. I gave Yesmail a call at their main number (you can find it on their website) - explained the situation regarding the links in SE's emails not working and their tech support not caring to help. They took my email address and promised to get it removed. I let them know if I continued to receive the spam, I'd be submitting them to all the fun realtime blacklists that are out there. Yesmail, at least, seems to take this seriously as they understand how drastically it could impact their business.

If anyone from SE is watching, you need to chime in to at least acknowledge these problems and let us know that you're working on them. Ignoring folks will be bad for business.
    (3)

Character
    Rapiddream
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Still waitin'. Luckily the update hit and theres some stuff to keep my mind busy.
    (1)

Character
    Patrynhaplo
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 81
    You should check with consumer affairs. When you accept payment for services and promise goods you are liable. In this case it would most likely result in just a series of complaints logged against a company. I was speaking more in ideological terms than the real world we live in with Bank of America and Haliburton....
    We all pay for a subscription and that comes with support- if no actual support is provided that is false advertising is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    Can you link to the law you are referring to? I'd love to take a look at it.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast