Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Gear Swapping From Mog Satchel/Sack?

Specifically, I am talking about being able to macro in gear that is in a mog satchel or sack. Is it impossible to program this? Or was it just something SE decided not to allow. I think it would save a ton of headaches managing inventory, and would make job changing much easier. The added job versatility would barely have any impact on game balance. I think pretty much everyone would love it! Hopefully a dev can comment.
    (0)

Character
    Phoenyyx
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    In order to swap gear from the Mog Sack or Mog Satchel, you would also have to open both (in addition to the Gobbiebag) when you opened the Equipment menu. While programming the functionality might not be an enormous feat (it'd be pretty extensive) it would also require a major change in the UI. I'd say that, more than anything, is the preventative factor.
    (0)

Character
    Dmer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No thanks. This is how I keep from swapping mage gear in when I have to melee to proc weakness and still keep my alliance alive. Before sachel and sack I had to put the staves in bazaar to keep them from swapping. Now I can throw any gear in the sachel or sack (even EX stuff) and be able to use all my macros without losing my melee gear.
    (0)
    99: WHM | RDM | SCH | SMN | BLM | BRD | BLU | DNC | BST | MNK
    90: PLD | WAR | SAM

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I can see the wanting of being able to do this but here is my thoughts. If you got the gear on you and space for it why not put it in your inventory and the others in you sack and satchel?
    I use my sack and satchel as a quick toss for items I dont want to swap from a macro ...Its a quick fix to keep me from having to rewrite a macro in a pinch and saves headache.
    In terms of dynamics you could semi say that the stuff you have on you is readily avaible and the stuff in your sack satchel would be stuff you would have to dig for thus making it unable to do it.
    If this was incoperated I would either have to drop stuff or leave it at the mog house .

So in conclussion my vote would be this~ a refined system
    I would recomend just doing one of them like this for macros say the sack .... that way I can toss items I wouldnt want swap into the other. That would solve the problem with that issue. I think mishaps will happen doing this ... putting the wrong item in wrong space etc but is possible. That way you got more access to both and got a place to put your items that you dont want to swap also in a spot. Both carriable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Morgantisthedon; 03-25-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmer View Post
    No thanks. This is how I keep from swapping mage gear in when I have to melee to proc weakness and still keep my alliance alive. Before sachel and sack I had to put the staves in bazaar to keep them from swapping. Now I can throw any gear in the sachel or sack (even EX stuff) and be able to use all my macros without losing my melee gear.
    So.... you're saying they shouldn't add this functionality because you're too lazy to make melee macros?

Good point.
    (0)

Macros aside, I don't think this is possible because of the game's RAM usage limitations (yes, yes, PS2 limitations). In order to gear swap from macros, you would have to have your 16 slots of equipped armor open in RAM, your 80 slots of inventory open in RAM, and your 160 slots of sack/satchel open in RAM.

It's already been stated by the development team that they are unable to store more than 160 items at a time in RAM. This is why we've always been given more storage options, instead of expanding our original storage. We can have 10 different mog sacks with 80 items each, but we'll never have 1 inventory with 81 spaces. It just isn't feasible.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!