Thread: NEW Ark Angels

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

NEW Ark Angels

Anyone got any good strats yet? tried it yesterday pet burning with SMNs and PUPs and pets were just getting 1-2 shotted on the Hume dualwielding and so were we. SMN merit BPs were only taking off 1-2% of boss HP and we wiped at about 95%, hard as nails on normal difficulty from what ive witnessed.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

I'd suggest DDx3 COR BRD WHM(Can bring another DD instead of COR too. Or any other job, 2nd healer etc.) have them sub ninja or sit in -DT gear. He can be deadly if you aren't in -DT gear, Chant Du Cygne > Melee hits can be death lol, especially if he uses his 1hr. If your BRD is only two song, you can use Madrigal for 3rd (with new 1hr) and keep all three up. Use sushi for DD.
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Our TT experiences (3 attempts)

Normal : is hard if unprepared. Sushi and madrigals required. Can do heavy damage with various moves, suggesting full timing PDT TP gear.
    Difficult : No surprise once you have done the normal mode. Same requirements as above, seems to hit harder and takes less damage as his HP go down. Can kill you any time even at capped PDT.
    Very Difficult : SV madrigal + relic horn required, sushi, but that's not the problem really. Opened with a 1959 guillotine in capped pdt killing a mnk. Has regen (didn't notice it on lower difficulty bcs). Can hold it by casting bio and running away as it won't follow you and will lose agro ; doesn't seem to have regen while idle. Recovered and used defender+bio II+minne 4/5, went smoother as far as damage taken, but killed slowly, killed a mnk and a whm standing in AOE (warps around alot). Brought it to 79% prior to timing out.

I'm not sure if VD is doable, I don't think a PLD would be beneficial for this. However a groupe of 6 BLM could hold it with bio and nuke > go away on stairs easily, I just don't know what kind of damage they can pull (probably resists nukes alot).
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 12-12-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Go in with a regular set up not all smn and pups.
    (0)

You can replace a COR with a SMN if you really wanna bring random jobs, but yea... Need that enhanced DD setup for most things nowdays.
    (1)

6. 12-12-2013 10:44 AM

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    MR was easy on normal mode (still requires acc). Attempted difficult mode, not much trouble until 30%. Charm is not really a threat (sleep the monk charmed). The problem was the tiger. Sleep doesn't resist but it lasts only a few seconds >< at this point. So I think the next time we are going to just kill the tiger as it pops. It dies in a couple of hits only. Overall the fights are much easier than TT.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit