Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

AA fights seem very grindy to access

The entry requirements for the AA and DM fights seem a bit overboard. 20 merits and 30 merits. This is such a radical change from previous SoA content.

The single AA fight lets compare that to skirmish where 1 person just needs to get a KI by buying trading 3 statue pieces which can be obtained from many sources and bought on the AH. Now you need everyone in the group to have 20 merits. Merits take time. Your asking everyone in the group to get all these merits for 1 fight.

DM you need all 5 previous single fights cleared along with 18 people all of which need 30 merits to enter to do the fight once. Compare that to Delve bosses where 1 person needed a ki that you got for trading a rock that was a common drop from any mob in the zone.

In the days of doing delve bosses it took quite some time still to build a party of 18 but do able in like 20 min to an hour. Now for DM there is the insane requirement of having to find people with 5 clears (100 merits), and then having 30 merits read to go to enter the fight. Finding people to do this content will be very hard a lot harder then delve which anyone could of joined without these requirements.

FFXI has a declining population and I just don't know too many people willing to devote this much time to doing stuff like DM 2.

Bottom line is Ease of access to the new AA and DM event needs to be easier.
    (5)

You can get capped merits in 30m~1hr just through Voidwatch or farming mobs in Woh Gates/Kamir Drifts.
    (10)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I do think the access is a little too strict in that every single member needs to have the KI. I preferred the SKC system where only one person needed the orb and everybody else could participate and get something for their troubles. Another issue is that each Ark Angel fight requires a different entry KI, which means you either have to bank KIs and hope that the fight you buy the right KI or you have to just sit on merit points. Something akin to Voidwatch would be preferable, where you can hold up to 6 voidstones, all of which are good for any one fight.

Also, I think getting a Divine Might group together is going to be very difficult.
    (4)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    FFXI has a declining population and I just don't know too many people willing to devote this much time to doing stuff like DM 2.
    Likely the point, considering AA/DM is meant to be for the dedicated players who enjoy a grind. People who don't has other content they can enjoy.

And capping merits takes less than two hours.
    (5)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    LOL people just want everything handed to them don't want to work for anything
    (3)
    Last edited by svengalis; 12-13-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I figured the key items must be permanent with those merit point costs, but boy was I wrong. Who the heck is going to even attempt these fights on hard/very hard with the risk of vaporizing 20 or 30 merit points/
    (3)

Player
    Probably garunteed upgrade to af and awesome lewt on the most difficult settings.
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With Trust and Eminence I go to Yorica and get a merit about every 3 mobs. Its crazy fast.
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Seriously people stop being that lazy, it's not like XP is that hard to get at all.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Seriously people stop being that lazy, it's not like XP is that hard to get at all.
    XP isn't the issue. Obviously it's very easy to get, especially right now.

What's hard is finding 5 other people who all want to do the same fight (just helping out isn't an option because every participant needs an entry KI). These fights are harder than the SKC fights, and if you read accounts of the fights, damage mitigation is required. Think about what must be done to get 18 people access to the Divine Might fight, and tell me that the obstacle is laziness.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast