Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    That's the only way to ensure that they'll always be useful. They could increase the category caps, sure, but once everybody hits the new cap, the same complaints will start up all over again.
    (0)

Player
    Once people have all they want from Angels they will be just as useless.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Once people have all they want from Angels they will be just as useless.
    It seems pretty likely that the revamps of the old mission battlefields will also require Merit Points as a currency.

And on my server at least, I think that a significant portion (of the NA population at least) is just skipping the AA content altogether.
    (0)

Player
    I highly doubt they are just going to use SKCs for what they have so far and merits for everything else coming...
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I highly doubt they are just going to use SKCs for what they have so far and merits for everything else coming...
    So they added a new crest as a currency to access old seal fights. For mission fights that previously had no seal/crest requirements, they used merit points. The future battlefields are also based off of old mission battlefields. You highly doubt that there is a pretty good chance that those fights might also use merit points?
    (0)

Player
    Rereading what you said, I missed that you said mission battlefields rather than just battlefields.

Mission battlefields may need merits, that I agree with, however, unless they add a lot of rewards with some amount of variety, I do not think they will last nearly as long as this even, and as it has been said, these are already nearly dead on some servers with only moderate or low participation. I also worry about the amount of battlefields we will have redone in the first place. We had a few in RotZ and so far only saw Divine Might redone, as well as the Ark Angel fights around it, those which originally gave rewards in the form of the earrings. But what of other expansions?

Take for instance, CoP, what battlefields are even in CoP? If they do not redo some of the smaller ones such as in CoP how we fought, say, Tenzen, or the other Airship fights, then we could very easily end up seeing nothing but Dawn* as the battlefield remade, 1 battlefield will not last us long. Either the battlefield would have a divided drop rate to many items, for instance, 15 weapons in 1 drop slot, or there will only be certain weapons that drop and once people have what they want they won't do it anymore. I mean, it will last a little time, but I do not see later battlefields lasting much longer than current ones, rewards will likely be comparable in some ways, 119 weapons, alternate(Suppanomimi did not get a Supernomimi, only a Double Attack Earring for instance) or upgraded versions of old items(Hopefully Rajas Ring gets a real upgrade), but I do not expect much different from the two when compared in all honesty.
    (0)

7. 01-03-2014 05:13 AM

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Take for instance, CoP, what battlefields are even in CoP?
    Apocalypse Nigh is the one that seemed most obvious to me, but really, most of the mission battles from that expansion were pretty awesome and would warrant a re-visiting.

The fights in each of the Promyvion spires, in particular, would parallel what we got with the new Ark Angels fights. Fight a boss from Mea, Dem, and Holla, and then fight all three of them at the same time in Vahzl.
    (0)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    The entry requirements for the AA and DM fights seem a bit overboard. 20 merits and 30 merits. This is such a radical change from previous SoA content.

The single AA fight lets compare that to skirmish where 1 person just needs to get a KI by buying trading 3 statue pieces which can be obtained from many sources and bought on the AH. Now you need everyone in the group to have 20 merits. Merits take time. Your asking everyone in the group to get all these merits for 1 fight.

DM you need all 5 previous single fights cleared along with 18 people all of which need 30 merits to enter to do the fight once. Compare that to Delve bosses where 1 person needed a ki that you got for trading a rock that was a common drop from any mob in the zone.

In the days of doing delve bosses it took quite some time still to build a party of 18 but do able in like 20 min to an hour. Now for DM there is the insane requirement of having to find people with 5 clears (100 merits), and then having 30 merits read to go to enter the fight. Finding people to do this content will be very hard a lot harder then delve which anyone could of joined without these requirements.

FFXI has a declining population and I just don't know too many people willing to devote this much time to doing stuff like DM 2.

Bottom line is Ease of access to the new AA and DM event needs to be easier.
    if you're solo in WoH gate I believe you get 4k exp/mob lol. 6-man pt you get 2k/mob, and alliances doing Divine might II can do morta for 30merits instant.

so solo you need 30mn
    1Pt you need 15mn
    1ally you need 5mn.

no wonder you can't enter AA fights during Jp prime time.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    Apocalypse Nigh is the one that seemed most obvious to me, but really, most of the mission battles from that expansion were pretty awesome and would warrant a re-visiting.

The fights in each of the Promyvion spires, in particular, would parallel what we got with the new Ark Angels fights. Fight a boss from Mea, Dem, and Holla, and then fight all three of them at the same time in Vahzl.
    I more or less meant that give actual rewards. There are more battlefields in RotZ than just the Angels, however only the Angels have been given a rebirth thus far, now they may redo others too, who knows, but just going off what we know now only the battlefield with an actual reward was used. The one in the Temple wasn't and neither was the one which you fight at the end, or the top of the Tower, I am sure there are more that slip my mind as well. In the end, in RotZ the only reward there is in the missions are the Earrings from the Angels, which is why I was saying that it may just be Dawn that gets a remake since it is the only battlefield that in a way held a reward, via the end of the story.

All of that being said you very much could be correct they may make other ones a new version such as the Promy fights, who knows, but in the event they do it would end up no different than the Angels most likely, it would be a fight we do a few times get what we want and don't go back to except to help others. One of the best ideas I have seen for merits was to allow an exchange of them into forms of currency, something I would compare to the new Vouchers actually, that would be a lot longer lasting I think than this, but who knows. In either case, so far as merits go I still think this was a bad choice, or at least the amount sucks, because its more going out of our way to get things just to participate in an event a single time, which has never, ever, been fun to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    so solo you need 30mn
    1Pt you need 15mn
    1ally you need 5mn.
    10k XP/1 Merit
    300k XP/30 Merits.

I do not recall Morta giving 300k XP upon death, in fact, I remember it being something like 25k. No matter how fast you kill Morta, empty the box, and restone after 6, you are not getting 30 merits for an Alliance in 5 minutes, more like an hour at best.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    It seems pretty likely that the revamps of the old mission battlefields will also require Merit Points as a currency.

And on my server at least, I think that a significant portion (of the NA population at least) is just skipping the AA content altogether.
    They must be idiots then. Plutons are still 200k+ and you get a lot of them from a D~VD divine might lol, also on VD regular AA. Not to mention the obvious AF upgrades.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3