Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    should be nice if you guys add more tiers on damage taken, healing and deal damage, inrease quantity and give ppl more cases
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    How cast can you realistically farm sparks? I've done about 80 unique ROE tasks and probably picked up about 85,000 sparks in a week. But a lot of those came from the bonus sparks from the first iteration of a non-repeatable task. 17,000 sparks for one plate equals 25.5 million sparks for just a level 95 Empyrean. 600,000 sparks will get you the Rem's Chapters for an entire set of +1 reforged AF. That seems like one huge disparity. At the price I proposed, a level 95 weapon would be 150,000 sparks. Maybe that's a little low, but maybe we can find a middle ground between 150,000 and 25.5 million.
    Really depends on how serious you are. I haven't really timed it... maybe I will tonight but I get an okish about just murdering everything in sight on monstsority in buburimu. I'd guess probably only a little over 5k an hour. But it's doing something I'd already be doing and takes little enough attention that I can watch shows or play another character etc and is solo. Mostly though you just keep accumulating them just playing and doing stuff. Once they let abyssea mobs count for the things that specify xp mobs and it should go even crazy faster. And mostly this is just another source of getting your rem stuff nto necessarily the only source. Regardless not seriously farming and still doing dynamis and limbus each day and making my af+1 etc and limited play time I've gotten enough already to a full set of 109 and +1 a couple of peices. And most of that has been solo. Most the non solo stuff was the stupid level sync thing and whatever I get in the process of doing the time limit ones for rem 119 upgrades
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedd View Post
    Agreed. This was also an issue with getting seals from earlier Login Campaigns, right? They eventually changed that, so it seems odd that SE didn't think to do that here, as well. Who's really going to buy just one skill up scroll? Especially annoying for my GEO, since I need two separate scrolls and they're on the last (third?) page.
    This is why someone made the post a while back about SE not needing to reinvent the wheel. SE does this every single time, we see a new item which we need stacks of to make proper use of them, but, we only have the power to buy them 1 by 1. Forbidden Keys, the Glasses in Adoulin, Airlixirs, and like you said, Seals from the Logins, they are all the same, SE released them only able to be purchased 1 by 1, but in the following update, or shortly there after, made them buyable in multiples.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't remember if anyone mentioned this, but Spoils (Seals) seems to be glitched. Kindred Seals don't count toward completion.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I don't remember if anyone mentioned this, but Spoils (Seals) seems to be glitched. Kindred Seals don't count toward completion.
    I think we have noticed in our shell that Kindred Crests count instead of the seals. Might be a typo in the goal. I wonder if it is so all level ranges have the chance to complete the quest. Offhand, I'm trying to think of a place somebody with all jobs at 99 could farm BS/KS where the mobs still give xp. Cape Terrigan maybe, but I'm not sure if it would start giving crests instead of seals.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedd View Post
    Agreed. This was also an issue with getting seals from earlier Login Campaigns, right? They eventually changed that, so it seems odd that SE didn't think to do that here, as well. Who's really going to buy just one skill up scroll? Especially annoying for my GEO, since I need two separate scrolls and they're on the last (third?) page.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one here. Unfortunitly, I see a huge trend in oversight on the developer's part. First abyssea forbidden keys, then souls spectacles, now the skill up tomes. For whatever reason great things are added to the game, and EVERY time the players have to point out to the developer that the item should be made available to purchase in bulk.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    On a side note what was the point of obseleting a ton of pre adoulin gear, only to come out with this expansion's perle gear (eminence, and the byalld gear). It doesn't seem to have changed anything. Players still need certain peices of older geaar to stay relievant, yet all the 20,000 level 85 empyreans (2012 census) and all the magian weapons were trashed. That was alot of people wore were affected by adoulin's ilevel system. So, I thought there was a purpose of increasing the level cap to ilevels (but if you giving away 117 weapons and such with eminence then the whole concept of we made ilevel because there had to be progress is BS), but it really just seems it was a reason to reset everyone so they could grind everything over again. I'm tired of grinding to infinity and beyond.

Can the new next big thing be something players can enjoy with all their new gear, instead of doing something to grind more gear can you develope something that players can DO with all this new stuff rather than repeat current gear events with the newest gear?

P.S. I like the eminence system, great for a return, but after putting my never to be ilevel almace and kannigi on my manequin, I'm not as interested as investing solo time into more BS. I can't will myself to wear the "new pearle", and I was speaking to an older player and we were reminded of how rival linkshells would team up just to try and beat AV (before the walling and k-club methods). Is there something that can be added, the final zone having some time spawn hnms or a new AV? I don't see anything worthy in adoulin.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 12-23-2013 at 05:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Player
    If you are looking for a real piece of challenging content, I believe Divine Might II is where you will find it more so than anything, each Angel makes Delve NMs look weak by compare, admittedly, they have weaknesses like Shadows that old NMs from their day and age always suffered, but, they are easily the hardest this in this game right now on Very Hard.
    (2)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    If you are looking for a real piece of challenging content, I believe Divine Might II is where you will find it more so than anything, each Angel makes Delve NMs look weak by compare, admittedly, they have weaknesses like Shadows that old NMs from their day and age always suffered, but, they are easily the hardest this in this game right now on Very Hard.
    You seem to think people might actually WANT hard fights. Whenever I see complaints, it reads to me as "I want a fight that is hard for everybody except for me and my friends so we can be better than the rest".
    (4)

Player
    Well that to me is one of the great things about the whole difficulty idea they implemented. If you want things to be easy enough to do alone, but take more time, or easy enough to do without all of the latter climbing up to that point, you can. At the same time, if people want to do it fast and hard, finishing quickly, they can. There are unique titles for winning on Very Hard too, so you can sport around your trophy to some extent as proof you did something mildly impressive, but at the same time, no one is excluded. The best part about it is that people who complain for the sake of complaining, have no reason to complain, and make themselves look stupid, which I think is what your talking about, the people who complain just to complain, they don't want challenge, they just want something they have, others can't, even then, we have titles though, minor, but something.
    (5)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast