Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    For ROE I would like to see some trials where you need to defeat NMs other than wkr such as

Defeat tutewehiwehi 500 sparks
    Defeat arch dynamis lord 1000 sparks

Some other cool job specific ROE would be nice

Use provoke x50 500 sparks
    Cast x50 blue magic spells 300 sparks
    Cast x50 enhancing magic spells 300

Specific death shots would be an easy system to implement

Defeat x100 enemies with a weaponskill 500 sparks

Defeat x100 enemies with magical attacks 500 sparks

Different types of spoils other than crystals would be nice such as

Obtain 5,000 Gil from beastmen
    Obtain x15 synthesis items from enemies

Completing content obtaining points would be nice such as

Participate in dynamis for 2 hours
    Participate in x3 rounds of meeble burrows
    Clear one chamber of einherjar

Ideas for rewards;

Some type of argument system for the wayfarer espial ect armor. Perhaps use sparks to buy NQ +1 +2 to get somewhat decent stats but do not ruin other elements of gear like skirmish or delve.. Perhaps augments such as resist paralyze +10 or regen +1 ,
    The introduction of sparks gear was phenomenal and beneficial to many, and at a first glance looks good... However all of this armor is horrible in its current state... Example
    5/5 skirmish hagondes set with +2 stones is a potential +130 magic attack bonus plus -15-20 pdt while wayfarer has under 20 magic acc and mab, with no refresh unless you wear all 5 pieces and 0 pdt,the + all stats is high, but outside of that, this is not ideal combat armor.. Please keep your trend of augmenting seekers of adoulin armor up

Outside of some minimal adjustments I am extremely pleased with records of eminence! I love spamming aeroga ----> stonega ~~~~> aeroga ----> stonega on puks forever for quick sparks, But we need more stuff to do
    (0)
    Last edited by evanwimbish; 01-09-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Saying the RoE armor is terrible compared to the 5/5 skirmish +2 (whatever that may be. I have never touched SoA except to unlock the two jobs) is a little unfair.

I'm assuming the best of the best SoA gear takes a good while, and/or loads of gil to obtain. Buying upgrade items etc.

Whereas the RoE gear takes an hour or so to get a full set of any of the 4 sets available. Solo. Whilst doing other stuff.
    (2)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankbrodie View Post
    Whereas the RoE gear takes an hour or so to get a full set of any of the 4 sets available. Solo. Whilst doing other stuff.
    That is what makes it so great in my eyes. I get rewarded doing stuff I would have been doing anyway.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    However all of this armor is horrible in its current state.
    No way. Most of it is better then anything but Delve and Skirmish2 gear. I think it's too good. It kinda defeats the purpose of doing any other events, particularly WKRs.

Example:

Obtained from the newest WKR. Elemental seal adds a 2% damage bonus.
    vs.

Obtained from sparks. Latent effect activated by having less than 100% tp(I believe).

The only reason to use Baqil would be because you can't equip eminent. I think this is a little backwards.

Edit: I see now that you said armor. While not actually applicable to that, my point stands on its own.
    (1)

HP +150
    MP +144
    STR +68
    DEX +75
    VIT +84
    AGI +90
    INT +119
    MND +124
    CHR +121
    "Magic Attack Bonus" +16
    Magic Accuracy +8
    Evasion +161
    Magic Evasion +380
    "Magic Defense Bonus" +23
    Haste +20%
    Set: "Refresh" +3 (with the 5 pieces worn)

Does not reach haste cap.
    Squishy armor
    Low magic attack / Macc armor
    Have to wear all 5 armor to get 3 refresh, no initial refresh on body or head.
    I really like the high mdef.INT and MND, and as for espial the dex is alright too, but

When you use this armor to try to match the level content it makes it more difficult to defeat the enemy vs other armor level 110+

The WEAPONS on the other hand are amazing, and the activates during 0-101% latent like the Blau dolche is pretty convenient which was was I only commented on the armor..

Even the bayld armor has an augumentable fast cast legs, or dual wield head, or refresh body ect.

For these 3 armor sets the only good thing about them was the str dex int + bonuses to hold you off until you obtain 119 armor, even though these stats look good at a first glance because of how easy the are to obtain, it discourages the level content ideals and becomes problematic for inventory purposes, it sucked having to make room for 15 pieces of armor and then having to toss them to make room the next day for rem's chapters and such.
    To put it plainly:
    When I wore espial set and fought delve raptor it's whirling inferno oddly was doing 4dmg with no curse effect (multiple times) when I was main tanking as blu. All his other moves almost one shotted me.. I don't have this issue in skirmish armor and in some respects delve armor macros. I didn't even waste time trying to toy around with back line job blu in wayfarer.

Just some auguments would be nice (like almost every other 100+ armor outside wkr) and to keep sparks active perhaps make the NQ +1 +2 stones in which to augument these armors with, available via sparks. However there isn't many things to buy with sparks if you have capped skills, and are complete with rem's chapters.
    Ooh and the 50k sparks cap is a little low.. You can only purchase 3 tier 2 rem's chapters at a time..
    Sucks having to run back to town every 20 mins ;(
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    HP +150
    MP +144
    STR +68
    DEX +75
    VIT +84
    AGI +90
    INT +119
    MND +124
    CHR +121
    "Magic Attack Bonus" +16
    Magic Accuracy +8
    Evasion +161
    Magic Evasion +380
    "Magic Defense Bonus" +23
    Haste +20%
    Set: "Refresh" +3 (with the 5 pieces worn)

Does not reach haste cap.
    Squishy armor
    Low magic attack / Macc armor
    Have to wear all 5 armor to get 3 refresh, no initial refresh on body or head.
    I really like the high mdef.INT and MND, and as for espial the dex is alright too, but

When you use this armor to try to match the level content it makes it more difficult to defeat the enemy vs other armor level 110+

The WEAPONS on the other hand are amazing, and the activates during 0-101% latent like the Blau dolche is pretty convenient which was was I only commented on the armor..

Even the bayld armor has an augumentable fast cast legs, or dual wield head, or refresh body ect.

For these 3 armor sets the only good thing about them was the str dex int + bonuses to hold you off until you obtain 119 armor, even though these stats look good at a first glance because of how easy the are to obtain, it discourages the level content ideals and becomes problematic for inventory purposes, it sucked having to make room for 15 pieces of armor and then having to toss them to make room the next day for rem's chapters and such.
    To put it plainly:
    When I wore espial set and fought delve raptor it's whirling inferno oddly was doing 4dmg with no curse effect (multiple times) when I was main tanking as blu. All his other moves almost one shotted me.. I don't have this issue in skirmish armor and in some respects delve armor macros. I didn't even waste time trying to toy around with back line job blu in wayfarer.

Just some auguments would be nice (like almost every other 100+ armor outside wkr) and to keep sparks active perhaps make the NQ +1 +2 stones in which to augument these armors with, available via sparks. However there isn't many things to buy with sparks if you have capped skills, and are complete with rem's chapters.
    Ooh and the 50k sparks cap is a little low.. You can only purchase 3 tier 2 rem's chapters at a time..
    Sucks having to run back to town every 20 mins ;(
    No the spark gear should remain throw away gear, just good enough to get you better gear just like pearl and teal gear was. It involves so little effort that anything to augment it would need a massive amount of effort from the player to balance it.They should add more things to buy with sparks mainly HMP at a really high cost but augmenting trash gear should not be one of them.
    (3)

I really hope they continue giving the light melee gear to all cloth wearers. Espial set is the best thing to happen to WHM melee in a long time.

Defense +468
    HP +161
    MP +75
    STR +86
    DEX +102
    VIT +90
    AGI +111
    INT +80
    MND +96
    CHR +94
    Accuracy +24
    Evasion +218
    Magic Evasion +305
    "Magic Defense Bonus" +18
    Haste +22%
    Set: Critical hit damage +10% (with the 5 pieces worn only)
    (0)

i agree with leaving the eminence armor where it's at. it may not be GREAT, but it's not supposed to be great.

the fact that it's so easy to get makes it a perfect stepping stone. it's the next iteration of perle gear. for THAT purpose, SE kinda nailed it.

hell, some of these armors might be TOO good. espial is blus second best CDC set and rdms 1st. a couple wayfarer pieces are best in slot for blu req. and while none of the sets cap haste on their own, they all put you within striking distance. add just an average quality belt. (like you don't need a 100 mil +10% belt or something) and you're prolly overcap. we got a lot of bang for our buck here.

(btw, i too love that they opened up the light armor a bit jobwise and hope that it's indicative of things to come)
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The introduction of sparks gear was phenomenal and beneficial to many, and at a first glance looks good... However all of this armor is horrible in its current state
    Well the armor/weapons do give people a chance to reach ilevel 117 where they might not otherwise have that chance. That's got to count for something.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Well the armor/weapons do give people a chance to reach ilevel 117 where they might not otherwise have that chance. That's got to count for something.
    Precisely. This is especially so for those (like myself) who really don't have the playtime available to migrate into Adoulin content or, to be honest, just prefer mainland content in an increasingly solo-friendly game.
    (2)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast